• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Fuck the Parkinson's, the Dr just gave me a reason to smoke MORE!

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Well considering this forum is where I spend most my time as I fucking love my cloud, I feel urged to share something with my friends.

This morning I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease. I'm OK with it and I am ready for the challenge dealt. The best part of my day was when my neuro said - I see you are a Marijuana user? I replied yes, please don't tell me I have to give it up! He said, nope - let's just hope Florida goes MMJ cause I use too! If anything he would like to see some regularity to my usage.

Holy fuck - how often does that shit happen. I'm like fuck the Parkinson's, the Dr just gave me a reason to smoke MORE!

:rockon: <---- notice his shaking :uhoh:

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Holy fuck - how often does that shit happen. I'm like fuck the Parkinson's, the Dr just gave me a reason to smoke MORE!

Hang in there, mvapes!
images

:peace:

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Well considering this forum is where I spend most my time as I fucking love my cloud, I feel urged to share something with my friends.

This morning I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease. I'm OK with it and I am ready for the challenge dealt. The best part of my day was when my neuro said - I see you are a Marijuana user? I replied yes, please don't tell me I have to give it up! He said, nope - let's just hope Florida goes MMJ cause I use too! If anything he would like to see some regularity to my usage.

Best of luck to you sir. You do have a top notch medical grade vaporizer to use. I sure hope Florida goes Medical. You deserve it.

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs

I have a couple friends with Parkinson's... they make a mean martini. :rofl:

In all seriousness yea you need to look in to strains that are good for relaxing the muscles. This should help with bradykinesia and relief of muscle rigidity. I am sending you a PM with some more info.

Buyola

Mvapes sorry to hear your news. On a positive note I just worked with Michael J. Fox on a new TV show called the Henry's, and he is doing really well and always in good spirits. His foundation is doing a lot to help fight the disease. I wish you all the best, stay positive! We are pulling for you!!!!

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker

Beat Parkinson's ass like a red-headed step-child, mvapes! :goon:

wootze

I support you on this.
My PD diagnosed 4 years ago. Stage 3-4, to be exact .
Now relatively managed holistically for the most part.
Exercise and nutrition are your friends. (So are we all ;)

You may be different, but you CAN (and must) fight this thing. My shit
could fuck up Sunday or something, but I've been progressively better
over a year. PM me if you want specifics.

If you don't mind me asking. How did your doctor diagnose you with Parkinson's Disease. I've had a tremor for a while now. Stay healthy and it will all get better from here!

purplek,

Old School

Vape13man
sorry to hear that, mvapes...now let's get FL straightened out.

Yes very sorry to hear but love your perseverance view point.... and hell yea lets drag Florida into the 20th century....I'm with you... to think even Michigan is with it now and we still are NOT..... urrrr

Sticks listen question for you personally as I have come to listen to your opinion quite a bit on here.... if you were in my shoes...wanting to pull the trigger on the Cloud but at the same time would rather maybe wait to see what comes out of the wash..... question: would you recommend the VAP 2.0 or the EQ to ride out the storm with while I wait?

BTW; really enjoyed your comment about the VB2.0 being a Swiss Army Pax.....as it made sense to me...lol

Old School,

Pappy

shmaporist

Very brave of you to share and you know we all wish you the very best! I had the honor of working with Jordan Cronenweth, the celebrated cinematographer of Blade Runner, on numerous commercials. Jordy had Parkinson's but boy did he kick ass on the set! The disease might've slowed him down but it never got in his way. Best of health! ;)

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I'm sorry to hear this, mvapes. :( You seem like a very strong person, so I believe you will be a fighter, like me. :)

I'm also here in Florida, but I'm afraid to tell my GP or Rheumatologist. I pray Florida gets MMJ sooner rather than later, for both of us!

If you ever want to talk, one patient to another, hit me up with a PM. :)

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
You all actually made me cry. This thread and the support I am getting here is a true testament to why FC is SO much more than a typical.

Now...should I change my name here to mshakes....

You are truly my friends, and I will document as much as possible as I take this journey. I'm sure I will have my good, and I'm sure I'll have my bad - but I promise all my day's to be cloudy!

AMiA

mvapes,i'm with you in sharing your pain.Me a broken back since 18 + years back..CB helps me every day since -2005..THC / CDB 1:1 ratio works wonders for me.

My mother just passed away a couple of month ago after the last 15 years suffering from Parkinsson..

Love flyes your way mavapes,wipe the tears and fight the fight of your life.With a god mindset you will feel much better i'm sure.And if we here on FC can help you when you have your down days,please let us know/help.

//AMiA

Damn brother this is fucking weird. Remember when I told ya about the tests my doc. was running? Turns out the epilepsy was masking the early onset of Parkinsons. So we like the same things,both love weed,both heavily tattooed Jews and now this? WTF?
I asked my mom if I had any brothers I should know about. She said she wasn't sure because she partied a lot back then. Thanks mom.
Keep your chin up and stay positive,the future is unwritten and anything is possible.
Most importantly,(listen up,this is important) YOU DON'T HAVE TO GO THROUGH THIS ALONE!!
Look at all the support you're getting here,lotsa love flowing your way.
If you ever need to talk to someone who's going through the exact same thing,I'm here for you Brother,in good times and bad I'll always have your back.
Now don't be a pussy and use this to avoid the party! If I have to I WILL drive down to give you a ride,whether you want one or not. So your coming,get used to that fact.
Stay positive,because one way or another we're gonna get through this.:tup:
Keep the faith Brother,and if you need to talk or anything my house is your house. But not my clothes,you have to bring your own. Especially that short off-the-shoulder black dress...you look good in that.:lol:
My wife says to tell ya hi and sends her love. If she sends you nude photos please tell me,because she doesn't realize some folks may take that the wrong way.

Bottom line,fuck it,it's just another thing we have to fight,and we are very good at that.

Meremoth

AKA ♫ Stinky Wizzleteats ♫
You all actually made me cry. This thread and the support I am getting here is a true testament to why FC is SO much more than a typical.

You are truly my friends, and I will document as much as possible as I take this journey. I'm sure I will have my good, and I'm sure I'll have my bad - but I promise all my day's to be cloudy!

Damn, dude, you're handling this all really well. That's one of the most important things to do and to be, is positive. Positive/optimistic thinking is like our own personal medicine that our mind can generate. There's a ton of physical health benefits to being positive, like you'e being, advice I need to take more often. Your initial reaction to all of this is inspiring.

You were the first person to welcome me to the FC forums, and actually the only person I think, haha, so I really wanted to make sure to show you my condolences/gratitude.

Also, your thread prompted me to do a little research and I came across this video and I really wanted to share it with all you guys, so here it is:

The power of cannabis!

"I'm in love with mary jane! She's my main thang! She makes me feel alright! She makes my heart sing!"

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master

mvapes - I'm here for you. I'm behind you. I'm sending positive vibes your way.

Top Bottom