France Rules?

happynomoretobacco

Hi Guys
What ist allowed in france? My daughter wants to visit Disneyland so i want to know how it works there . I dont want to get in Trouble.
Is cbd legal - can i legal buy cbd e-liquid?
Can i Bring it with me from an eu country?
Thx in advance

happynomoretobacco,

Radwin Bodnic

Hi Guys
What ist allowed in france? My daughter wants to visit Disneyland so i want to know how it works there . I dont want to get in Trouble.
Is cbd legal - can i legal buy cbd e-liquid?
Can i Bring it with me from an eu country?
Thx in advance
CBD is legal and you can find CBD e-liquid but I honestly don't know what is the quality of what you can find.

It's hard enough to find quality CBD flower. Best flowers I have had always came from Switzerland and is grown indoor (sadly).

If you bring CBD from an other country and even if you buy CBD in France, you need to keep the original container and the receipt with you every time. It's the only way to justify it's not the real thing.

Keep in mind that in France you can have drug test on the road and that if THC is detected in your saliva you will be fined and prosecuted. Your car will be immobilized. If you don't drive a car with a French number plate you will be less likely to be tested by the police.

Welcome in the most repressive EU country regarding cannabis !

Are you only going to Paris ?

happynomoretobacco

Thx
I heard that your country ist not so friendly regarding that issue .
I dont Drive and yes only Paris.
So If i keep it original stored and with receipt i am on the safe side?

happynomoretobacco

OK
Is it hard to find Shops which sell cbd e-liquid or can i get it everywhere also on sunday when i arrive?

happynomoretobacco,

Radwin Bodnic

OK
Is it hard to find Shops which sell cbd e-liquid or can i get it everywhere also on sunday when i arrive?
I honestly don't know. Most shops are closed on Sunday.
I think CBD e-liquid should be fine if travelling by plane though. It is less suspicious than flower and I'd be surprised if they even check the label on it honestly.

Last edited:

vapefritz

I'm not sure about e-liquid but CBD itself is really cheap, usually pretty good and available everywhere in France. When I'm on holidays over there I get good quality CBD flower for 3€/g from a corner store in a really small town that's open on sundays.

Radwin Bodnic

usually pretty good and available everywhere in France.
I need to shake my local CBD shop up then... all their stuff is too dry and not really resinous. When they open their big jar with half a kilo of bud inside it smells ok but realistically this amount of bud should perfume the whole shop with yummy smells... I shouldn't need to put my nose closer to smell it.
Do you care sharing a brand @vapefritz ?

Radwin Bodnic,

vapefritz

Don't know a brand but I was thinking of this shop: https://maps.app.goo.gl/qUyUcnBxeLMsHHwD9
Yes, that town name is real... 😁
When I was there summer last year they had maybe 10 strains you could buy by weight, basically really big glass jars, and probably another 10 pre-packaged ready-to-sell products. The last time I bought there the woman working there said the scale is broken so only pre-packaged CBD was available, although I suspect it was really the fact that it was 5 minutes to closing time and the shop was full of customers and she was really stressed out, understandably. Long story short: The pre-packaged CBD was called "popcorn skunk" don't remember the brand either, and it was really bad. The stuff right from the jar was always really nice and cheap. I was so confused because as said that's a tiny, tiny town! Cologne only has worse, more expensive CBD.

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
If my understanding is correct (and I got this from a CBD shop owner in Bordeaux a few months ago) it's important to note that whilst CBD is legal in France, it is not legal to smoke or vaporise it. It's is only legal to make a brew from it FFS!!!!!

I was asked to stop vaping CBD on outdoor terrace and when I explained it was just CBD I was told it was illegal to consume in public. I stopped of course but was confused. Hence my asking the CBD shop owner about the legal status.

More than happy to be wrong but would appreciate a link to the legal status if this is the case. Be handy to have if stopped when consuming.

CBD shops are certainly open for some of sunday in the bigger cities.
Tabacs which often sell CBD are generally open Sunday morning only - generally more expensive and lower quality.

Good luck

vapefritz

Maybe let @Radwin Bodnic answer because it sounds like they are french, or at least in France. But this sounds made up 😁
It's hard to find a law that does not exist, so it's hard for me to proof there is no law forbidding smoking/vaping. But some clues at least:
- CBD vapes have been 100% legal and out of the grey zone in France for longer than buds. They are legal since 2020, CBD flowers since 2022 I think. Would be hard to argue you use them to make a stew.
- None of the articles about the latest development mention it's illegal to smoke or vape. Would not even know how that is supposed to work. If it's legal to own it's legal to vape. You can vape roofing felt if that's your thing. Stupid, but legal. I could imagine it being illegal to sell CBD flowers specifically as something you are supposed to smoke/vape, but not it being illegal to smoke/vape itself.

Some random articles:

EDIT:

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
@vapefritz
I live in France. Not french so for sure I won't be as up to speed as some.

I'm only reciting what I was told by a CBD shop owner. We both commented on how crazy such a situation was.

I admit it sounds bonkers, but this is France.

Anyway, I'm not here to get into a legal debate, merely informing what I was told. Perhaps smoke away and wait for a police officer to correct you.

But the law has been constantly changing due to EU regs etc.

And note it's legal to own seeds but illegal to cultivate. So that argument doesn't work.

Personally speaking, I would avoid using in public as you may get unwanted police attention. They tend to get a little heavy handed over here.

Until I have a link to the french policy that clearly states it is legal to smoke/vape in public I will continue to avoid.

vapefritz

it's legal to own seeds but illegal to cultivate.
Yes but feel free to smoke or vape them. 😉

Until I have a link to the french policy that clearly states it is legal to smoke/vape in public I will continue to avoid.
That's not how laws work though. They list what's illegal, not what's legal. But have a look at the last link in my post above!

Radwin Bodnic

I was asked to stop vaping CBD on outdoor terrace and when I explained it was just CBD I was told it was illegal to consume in public.
Smoking or vaping (CBD or tobacco / ejuice) can be forbidden on restaurant outdoor terraces (it's up on the restaurant owner). But i don't know for sure if it is legal or not to smoke / vape CBD in public outdoor places. The owner of my local CBD shop always smokes spliffs in the street right in front of her shop though.

gillesb2002

Les règles sont les meme que pour le tabac
Attention si vous prenez le volant , un test salivaire au thc est positif très rapidement.
Le taux de thc dans la fleur de cbd ne doit pas dépasser 0,2% en France, elle doit être issue d’une
culture industrielle et pas personnelle