For anyone interested in medical cannabis reviews in Florida!

AJS

Calm Consistency
Snagged this live rosin disposable from sunburn. Usually $55, discounted to $37. Can get half g rosin carts for cheaper from elsewhere, but wanted to try their disposables.

Disposables tend to give me faster hits with less draw, and these proved the same.

Favor is amazing, as most rosin carts start out, but it’s a very familiar flavor I tried describing earlier. I believe it was orange soda I described the flavor as of that other strain, but this is identical. I’ll look back on posts and find the strain and try to find a coa of it and compare.

Budtender has yet to let me down. He tells me these are his favorite rosin pens in the state. (Heard that before).

Time will tell if it can hold its flavor, but I love how disposables hit.

Edit:
The flower was Loma from RiSE. Flavor is almost identical in this rosin as it was in that flower.

Rosin strain is trop cherry

Last edited:

AJS

Calm Consistency
While this stuff sure looks dank, and definitely has good effects, still falls victim to the classic FL flower flavor dilemma.
Flavor lasts but a hit, then pretty much dies off. Doesn't taste dark or bad (not that weird soily taste), just neutral.

Same goes for most of the Sunburn flower I've had. Amazing smells and looks, and while flavor is great, doesn't last.
This MUV flower probably even less so. Same with Trulieve Roll Ones.

The longer the flavor can last, the better tasting bags can be. Otherwise, it just comes out tasting like neutral abv.
A strong flavor in the XQ2 bag is the quickest way to tell how good flavor is of the flower I get.

RiSE by far has the longest lasting flavor compared to the other dispensaries I've tried.

It's my biggest gripe with MMJ in FL. Just want some resinous weed that lasts in a vape.
With my very poor and limited understanding of how we get an end product ready for sale, it seems it's how FL rushes the curing process?

Maybe I gotta bite the bullet and get bud from the Flowery, or Jungle Boys. Wonder if all the people "smoking" it know good weed or not ... I'll have to vape to put it through the taste test. Or maybe good vape weed isn't necessarily good smoking weed and vice versa.

Flowery consistently talked about the most.

Maybe I'm just expecting too much.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Flowery flower is quite expensive. Seeing around $70 for a quarter of smalls, or an average of $45-$60 for an eighth.
Some lower tier around $30/eighth.

Even looking at their cheapest products though, I didn't find anything under 3% terps which is pretty wild.

Will probably give it a delivery try. 25% off first order i believe, so may not break the bank. Decent prices on their resin disposables.

Just gotta get through this other flower I've got.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Wanted to give an updated on my Sunburn Rosin Disposable that I got.

As mentioned with almost every cart I've gotten, other than pure distillate carts, they start to taste burnt towards the end, or are just very sensitive to becoming burnt with too long of a draw, hot of a temp, etc.

A few things I discovered with the Sunburn disposables (at least the one I got).

If you pull slowly, you'll get that burnt taste on the forefront, but the flavor of the rosin is strong enough to over power it on the back end exhale.
If you pull hard, you keep the temp low enough to get a super flavorful hit and avoid any burn, so long as you don't over do it.

The temp ramps up towards the 2-3 second mark on the inhale. If you hold to that point, you'll start to feel the thickness as it ramps up, and can pull a thicker gassier flavor. If you hold past that, you'll get the burnt flavor again, but with still great flavor on the exhale.

So while having a few burny hits through trial and error, it never once tainted the actual oil itself.
As long as I don't over do it, or pull too slow, i get the exact same flavor that I got on the very first hit.

I'm on the last drops of the disposable, and still doing great.

I will say that's a first for me when it comes to Rosin carts. Never been able to finish one without it tasting horrid towards the end.

Something about disposables just hits way better for me compared to a cart on a battery.

Looking forward to trying Flowery REsin carts (their ROsin carts are very expensive), as they are disposable as well.
Also going to give GrowHealthy ROsin carts a try at some point, as they use the ceramic heater instead, and I wonder if that makes a difference.

Just for clarity
Disposables - all in one, not a separate cart
Cart - a separate piece that is attached to your own battery.

Rosin - extracted with heat and pressure, no solvents
Resin - good oil, but extracted with solvents.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Went to RiSE today and heard the other budtender say to her customer that she vapes all of her flower.
So naturally I was like "oooh what vapes"

She's got a Pax 3, Arizer Solo 2, IQ, Mighty, and some others.

One of us! One of us!

AJS

Calm Consistency
Been bored with my recent purchases lately.

Made a visit back to HT, haven't been in months n months. Wanted to snag some good concentrates, haven't dabbed in months.

Asked for something that's strong flavor, and easy to work with.

He recommended two stains, described the flavor of both, and I went with Jomo. He described it as garlicy/runtzy. I see what he was going for, it's sweet and pungent at the same time.

Excited to give it a try once my Wand charges up.

CrazyDiamond

Spirit of the Dark Horse
Unfortunately for me right now, I have to bargain hint whenever I re-up...so, I've been going to Ayr recently just because they have the cheapest badder/budder...luckily its decent.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Unfortunately for me right now, I have to bargain hint whenever I re-up...so, I've been going to Ayr recently just because they have the cheapest badder/budder...luckily its decent.
Trulieve also gets those crazy deals from time to time as well on their badders/sugars.

Ayr Live products can definitely be solid, I almost went to them. Not sure if they still have it, but the Ruby Slippers sugar was rly good a while back.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Due to my recent dopamine deficient insanity, I made my final trip for a while over to GrowHealthy to finally give their MPX concentrates a try.

I got White 99 Live Rosin .5g for $21, and .5g Queso Perro Rosin cart for $30.

On the left in the picture is the 1g (minus a few dabs) from HT, right is the .5 from GH.

My first dab from GH was definitely more flavorful than the ones I've had from HT so far. A nice sweet flavor but difficult to place yet.

The first hits from the Queso Perro cart were bannany, which rarely am able to taste. We'll see how it holds out. It was a very low temp hit with minimal vapor, so may pull different flavors through as I get the confidence to bump up the temp a bit.

Super satisfied so far!

AJS

Calm Consistency
The first hits from the Queso Perro cart were bannany, which rarely am able to taste. We'll see how it holds out.
So can already tell the cart is not going to be impervious to burning, even on the lower end of temps.

I’m getting some great flavor tho.

The goal, similar to how I treated the sunburn disposable, is to possibly experience some burning taste due to improper technique or impatient back to back hits, but to not taint the flavor of the entire cart from “here on out”.

So far, I’ve gotten some burnt taste by
1. Drawing too long on a low temp hit
2. Not cutting it fast enough on a higher temp hit
3. Back to back to back hits.

Even with the ceramic setup, I just don’t think CCells are set up to properly deliver things like Rosins without some fuss.

I just miss a balance of flavor, draw time, and potency.
It’s almost impossible for me to get a hit that feels full and satisfying, while maintaining flavor and the integrity of the cart.

If I baby it, I get great flavor, and the effects do come on strong, but it’s not a one hit punch that I prefer.

Guess it’s just trade offs and finding what you prefer.

I think a shorter hit on 2.5v is better than a longer hit on 2.0v. But the cutoff time to avoid burning is more precise.

For record, using the yocan Uni Pro at 2.0-2.5v.

CrazyDiamond

Spirit of the Dark Horse
I really wish the carts were bigger so that I could use my two battery mod on it...alas, WAY to powerful. I used to take my pressed rosin and mix with it wax liquidzer and put in a full blown cart with that mod...huge clouds, lol.

AJS

Calm Consistency
A few updates....

The first hits from the Queso Perro cart were bannany, which rarely am able to taste. We'll see how it holds out. It was a very low temp hit with minimal vapor, so may pull different flavors through as I get the confidence to bump up the temp a bit.

I'm towards the end of this GH ceramic Rosin cart. I will say either my technique, or the cart itself, has made it the longest lasting Rosin cart I've gotten, aside from the SunBurn Dispoable.

The strong banana flavor is no longer there, it's more just a muted generic weed flavor, but it's not straight burnt like all the other Rosin/Resin carts seem to get in my experience.

I kept my volts at under 2.5, often around 2.1-2.2, and I would do a 1-1.5 sec preheat before inhaling. This seemed to let the lower volts reach a temp suitable for vaping, without the ramp up surpassing it and burning the oil/cart.

Still a little bit more to go. The cart has clogged a few times and I clean it with iso/a poker trying to dislodge it. So far it's worked but probably wouldn't hold on much longer.

My first dab from GH was definitely more flavorful than the ones I've had from HT so far. A nice sweet flavor but difficult to place yet.
The GH rosin has been a treat, fantastic flavor every time.

The HT Rosin is still great and so convenient, but takes a bit more work to yank the good flavors.

Went to RiSE today and
From RiSE I got Bazooka Breath and Boba Fett Smalls, my first try from them on the smalls.

The terpene percentages on their binder inside was significantly higher than what I received. I must have received a different batch and it shows.
The Boba Fett was mostly a disappointment.

The Bazooka Breath is a solid sativa, really similar to their other sativas and that classic orangey/limey smells. Not even 1% terps on the label though.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Needed some sort of cart so headed over to ayr as they had $15 live resin.

Asked them to get me the highest terp one they had, which came in at over 8%, but it didn’t qualify for the $15 and was instead $22, still cheap.

Figured I wanted to try the highest one to compare to the GH live rosin.

Unfortunately, I think it’s a bit bunk. Tastes like straight distillate with almost 0 flavor. I think the terps didn’t get added back in properly.

Also, the draw is pretty dang tight for a cart, and the oil is quite dark.

Effects are there, but man …

$8 more for a great GH rosin cart experience.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Had to pick up some flower today, and after my last experience from RiSE of just grabbing some random stuff, I wanted to make sure I actually liked what I got this time, headed over to Sunburn.

Decided to go pricier and get their top tier which was 35% off at $35.
This had the highest thc percentage and terps from what I could see. Chem De La Chem.

Opening it up, I was a bit disappointed at the highest tier, but the nugs are pretty large and it is sticky.

Next I wanted an eighth of La Kush Cake as we all know that tends to be a winner at any dispensary.
The eighth was $29. The lady told me to get the smalls for $6 more, as I would get a quarter instead.

I told her I basically was looking for the highest quality right now, and asked if the smalls were lower quality.
She said the smalls scored higher numbers all around, and was a much fresher batch, and was going to be better than the eighths.

Love when someone actually knows and tries to help.

For the sake of the picture, I just grabbed a few nugs of the LA Kush Cake to put in the container with the Chem.
The Chem is the bigger green nugs, and the Kush Cake is the bright white nugs.

Can clearly see the Kush Cake is not lacking...

1/4 of kush cake for $35
1/8 of Chem for $35.

Can see the better value just in a pic...

We'll see if vaping it wins me over.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Opening it up, I was a bit disappointed at the highest tier, but the nugs are pretty large and it is sticky.
This shit is actually super sticky. Could barely break it up by hand, and couldn't even tamp it down because it kept getting stuck to my tools. Definitely a bit unique on that end when it comes to Florida dispensaries.

With that said, it's still boring on the flavor.

Great to see they're trying to cure properly though.

CrazyDiamond

Spirit of the Dark Horse
I picked up 8G of badder from Ayr today, it's ok, but cheap which is what I need now. I'm thinking of giving Fluent a try for flower since it's pretty close to me...what are everyone's thoughts on Fluent flower?

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I picked up 8G of badder from Ayr today, it's ok, but cheap which is what I need now. I'm thinking of giving Fluent a try for flower since it's pretty close to me...what are everyone's thoughts on Fluent flower?
I can't remember if I've ever tried Fluent flower. I do remember noting that their lower tier flower specs were not great.

AJS

Calm Consistency
i barely ever seem them talked about in the facebook group.
ive got one close to me, never thought to give em a try for some reason.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Made my way out to Jungle Boys as I was in Orlando and it was a quick drive.
Definitely one of the best vibes of the dispensaries I go to. Quite non-medical, and more of a Cali fun vibe. Cool graphics and graffiti.

Their pops (smalls) are non-discounted even to new clients, but it's $50 for a quarter, so pretty fairly priced.

I'll say the pops are small, like Ayr type of small.
It smells quite good. Sour and diesely with a smooth creamy smell as well.

The individual nugs smell just a bit more classic green/grass smell, but the bag is heavy with a resinous smell.

It vapes well and the vapor is potent. Nice strong flavor on first impressions, so pretty relieved given my dissatisfaction with my last 6 eighths or so.

I also got a "Cured Rosin" pen, at $45, but discounted 20%.
They also have "Live Rosin" pens at $55.

I assume the difference is Live Rosin is flash frozen immediately, and Cured Rosin is more of a regular flower press process.

I was told to "inhale for 6 seconds until the light blinks", and was suggested to do the full 6 seconds when I questioned if shorter was fine.

I started off with 3 seconds, and the flavor was fantastic.
Tried a 6 second one later on in the night, and for the most part felt like I burnt something.

Hopefully the flavor comes back after I let it chill for a bit.

These smokers must not taste the burntness...?

6 seconds seems a bit long for me.

All in all, so far satisfied, and will probably be willing to make the 25-30 min drive out of town to snag some in the future.

Edit:
Coming in at 4% terps and 28% THC

Last edited:

CrazyDiamond

Spirit of the Dark Horse
I do a multi press as I continuously inhale...gives me a nice cloud and no burning of the cotton or whatever wicking material that's in there.

AJS

Calm Consistency
I do a multi press as I continuously inhale...gives me a nice cloud and no burning of the cotton or whatever wicking material that's in there.
This one wasn't a press, it's a disposable with inhale activation. Haven't seen this type from the other dispensaries where it has has an auto-cutoff

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Edit:
Coming in at 4% terps and 28% THC
Luv the specs!

Awhile back I got some Jungle Boys 8ths at their lower price point and "we" were all surprised at how good it was. As I remember their prices were some of the highest I've seen though.

Top Bottom