Flying with a Vaporizer in the EU

Maschine

I hope this is the right section for my question and there is no existing thread I've not found.

I'm going to travel from Germany to Spain by plane and would love to bring a TM2. Since both countries decriminalized cannabis I see no problem but still concerned to be honest. Someone has more information for me or travelled like this recently?

Maschine,

corvo

hello :D i travel from spain to amsterdam with a migthy with 0 problems , and this summer i travel from spain to oporto with the dynavaps + ih with 0 problem, Clean it well and you shouldn't have any problems.

Varden

In Europe, I have travelled to and from Spain and Montenegro, without issue. I have also passed security at Frankfurt and Vienna airports carrying my vaporizer in my carry on, again without issue.

I would be careful with Arab countries and the like, but in Europe, they are usually OK with vapes as long as you are carrying no herb or illegal substances.

186°

No idea about air travel, but I can tell you from travelling via train through Europe that trained dogs reacted to my more or less cleaned vaping equipment and that police took my luggage apart at the platform in Paris in front of all the people. Nothing else happened. It was just annoying + the usual feeling of degradation when dealing with police + they almost dropped my vaporizer on the floor + I almost missed my one train. I don't want that too often. I think it is legal to travel with your vaporizer between those countries but be aware that they might think you smuggle weed, too. Also, just to make this clear: Spain didn't really decriminalize cannabis. You are not allowed to carry any weed with you or to consume it on the streets. It is just that police cannot do anything about weed consumption in the social clubs and at your home (legally it is about a traditionally strong protection of private spaces, that's how I understand it). In case you carry any weed with you in Spain, you should take care to not give the police any reason to search you (that means simply: don't break any other laws) or put the it in your underwear (which they are not allowed to look into without judicial authorization). Then, you don't have worry at all.

dude_de

I had no problems flying from Germany to Spain last year. I had a Davinci IQ and two Dynavaps with an IH, all in my "goes under front seat" bag. While in Spain I got a really small bottle of hand sanitizer (70% ISO) to clean everything before the flight back. No problems whatsoever.

Remember that Li-Ion batteries must be in your hand luggage or on your body. So you could even have just the battery with you and the TM2 in your checked luggage.

Last edited:

Maschine

Thank all for clarifying this!
Will clean the vape thoroughly before security checks and separate the batteries.
Thanks for the short briefing on the Spain laws, will keep this in mind too avoid any trouble.

Maschine,

Atom Flower

I hope this is the right section for my question and there is no existing thread I've not found.

I'm going to travel from Germany to Spain by plane and would love to bring a TM2. Since both countries decriminalized cannabis I see no problem but still concerned to be honest.
Don't worry about it at all. They have stopped actively looking for cannabis and certainly Spanish customs will not bat an eyelid at a vape, and will 99% certain not know WTF it is. French and German police are bastards of the worse kind in western Europe but the Spanish kind are stupid and lazy and can be easily played.
Outside the airport if questioned by Spanish police (unlikely) you should not be friendly or unfriendly , DO NOT SPEAK SPANISH, but show them with your facial expression that you are a rich tourist and a serious professional and do not appreciate being treated like a potential criminal! Obviously this won't work if you look too casual or like a hippie...

Last edited:
Top Bottom