Flowerpot vs Stickybrick vs Lotus

gratefulabe

Been consuming since the 70s, but learned a lot about vaping from my 25yo daughter. Years ago she had a volcano, we've have some crappy hand held units and a torch/banger. Last year got a SAI TAF with a DNA mod, liked the buckets somewhat, but not ideal. Two months ago got a full enail axial coil setup from 701coils with an Auber controller, ruby insert and Brothership rig. Great for concentrates, but we still also combust some flower using bowls, bongs, joints. Would like to get more into vaping flower and have been doing some research. No need for portability, like a good combination of flavor and decent clouds.

Given that I already have a rig and controller, would a flowerpot setup just for flower be the best way to go? Others i'm considering are the Lotus (no butane in airpath, easy to use with a rig, but a learning curve), Stickybrick (probably the runt, not sure my wife will be able to handle the learning curve, not ideal having wood and butane in the air path), maybe even a Dynavap.

Thoughts?

gratefulabe,
Reactions: YaMon

BestBuds

The Dude
Been consuming since the 70s, but learned a lot about vaping from my 25yo daughter. Years ago she had a volcano, we've have some crappy hand held units and a torch/banger. Last year got a SAI TAF with a DNA mod, liked the buckets somewhat, but not ideal. Two months ago got a full enail axial coil setup from 701coils with an Auber controller, ruby insert and Brothership rig. Great for concentrates, but we still also combust some flower using bowls, bongs, joints. Would like to get more into vaping flower and have been doing some research. No need for portability, like a good combination of flavor and decent clouds.

Given that I already have a rig and controller, would a flowerpot setup just for flower be the best way to go? Others i'm considering are the Lotus (no butane in airpath, easy to use with a rig, but a learning curve), Stickybrick (probably the runt, not sure my wife will be able to handle the learning curve, not ideal having wood and butane in the air path), maybe even a Dynavap.

Thoughts?
I like where your head is at. I will suggest some slight changes. Instead of a flower pot look at the weed eater. It's also from New Vape but it's for dry herb only. It will save you a little cash. Also instead of the sticky brick which you seem a little reluctant on, look at the Elev8r. It's all glass, not really any butane in the airpath, and it's a top tier vape imo. I absolutely love my Lotus.
With the brief post you made I would say go with a weedeater or flower pot if you prefer.
I combusted too often in the SB. I could taste the butane too. I sold it after a month.

Doktor Dub

my :2c::

Go Flowerpot - if you dont mind using a rig and are already familiar with an enail no arguments against it and power and versitality are unmatched in my opinion.

That said - the other vapes are all great ones but no one can really rival the FP

Have a great day!

gratefulabe

Now I’m thinking since I like to go back and forth between concentrates and flower, I may be better off with something independent of my enail, otherwise I’ll need another rig and controller.

gratefulabe,

AcidFlashbang

Elev8r is definitely the best of the lot that you've chosen for herb, when considering you don't want to switch back and forth on the enail. It never fails to melt my face

AcidFlashbang,
Reactions: Tweakz

gratefulabe

I’m kind of leaning towards a Stickybrick type unit, maybe one of Doug’s. I like that the ritual is close to passing a bowl around, no preheating. I like the extra wood that the Nova comes with to protect the glass when you’re not using it. Has anyone compared that to a Runt or Jr?

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
The flowerpot/weedeater, hands down. It can go from subtle to brute power, with great efficiency and ease of use, plus great flavour.

EmDeemo,

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
Now I’m thinking since I like to go back and forth between concentrates and flower, I may be better off with something independent of my enail, otherwise I’ll need another rig and controller.
Then go NewVape VRod..it'll do concentrates just fine; ritual with their setups is wonderfully addictive as there are clouds every pull.. so much fun, easy too get carried away!

BTW, get a carb cap, double weave screens, two adjustabowls are awesome, a NewVape PAX loading tool and their fine grinder (a must for flower). Edit: They do sell a coil for your Auber PID that will fit the VRod properly

YaMon,
Reactions: EmDeemo

gratefulabe

I really like the 710coil axial setup, and with the ruby insert it’s so flavorful and easy to keep clean.

gratefulabe,
Reactions: EmDeemo

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I really like the 710coil axial setup, and with the ruby insert it’s so flavorful and easy to keep clean.

I missed that post about two rigs etc. It does complicate things. But switching to SiC for dabs would be a noticeable downgrade imho.

Dual controller would be a solution, but I guess this is all getting quite expensive compared to a lotus/stickybrick :) Worth it tho I think. Again, imho, obviously :)

EmDeemo,

snamuh

ghost
All I can say is the flower pot is amazing. Definitely a great vape. I use he flowerpot with the showerhead. I got it before their other flower models came out. Pretty cool to have the option to dab too.

snamuh,

gratefulabe

Got a Runt two weeks ago, gets you ripped when you get it just right, but struggle with charring and occasional combustion. Decided to get a Weedeater with the 20% off deal going on, got it yesterday. Not even close, so easy to use, very even extraction. Now have a second controller and another rig on order so I can keep both that and my concentrate setup on at the same time. May just sell the Runt.

DonMarteng

Got a Runt two weeks ago, gets you ripped when you get it just right, but struggle with charring and occasional combustion. Decided to get a Weedeater with the 20% off deal going on, got it yesterday. Not even close, so easy to use, very even extraction. Now have a second controller and another rig on order so I can keep both that and my concentrate setup on at the same time. May just sell the Runt.

Keep the Runt, Honeymoon phase will pass and you might end up wanting a Brick back in your life :)
Good to have options you know, getting the technique perfect in a Runt is a lot of fun.
I never combust anymore in my Bricks no matter how hard I push them.
Use the restrictor disk and a bigger flame = impossible to combust!

DonMarteng,

kurt6652

Definitely try a bigger torch, maybe a triple before giving up on the brick.
The bigger torch was a game changer for me.

kurt6652,
Top Bottom