FlowerMate Vapormax V/V5.0/V5.0S/V5 Pro

Kaptan

Elevate is around $300 right? My Vapormax was delivered for only $6o. Not sure if they are in the same class to be honest Kaptan. But I think you will be satisfied. I used the Vapormax eveyday this past week for a lunchtime car session. It really did the job but it is certainly not a heavy hitting portable IMO. Hope you enjoy it man :)
I know they are very much different, but for me either would fill the portable gap well. I still may get the Elevape, but will probably wait for v2 as the technology is new at this point. Has anyone compared this with the PNP? From the reviews, I'm guessing this is close to the 2nd level on PNP? If so, is the vapor less harsh?

Kaptan,

rekrab

ya from the sounds of it the pnp melts/cracks/dies and this one doesnt

yet haha

rekrab,

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
Mine arrived today (ebay). Can't actually try it out for a while yet, but have charged it up and tested function with and without mouthpiece. Soaked/cleaned mouthpiece.
Was interested to see that it operated while on the charger, but if I'm not mistaken, it was operating off the batteries still and not the charger since when I shut it down the charger light had turned back to red and has been so for the last 15 minutes...recharging I guess since I started off with a green charging light.
As I understand it that means its not a true "pass through" device.
But then it wouldn't surprise me to find out I'd gotten that wrong. :\

So far I am liking the Flowermate in most regards. This dog does hunt. I was really happy to see an absence of worrying fumes or phantom vapor when running the unit for several cycles while empty. Flavor is on the good side, vapor density on the acceptable side, bowl size is maybe 2x a well packed Solo stem which I do appreciate it. ABV consistency is very nice and ABV is a nice brownish hue - not as dark as I would personally like, which is my main issue with the unit. I would simply like another, higher temperature setting, or for the base one to be more aggressive - I acknowledge this is a matter of taste and that increase in temp would likely offend as many people as it would please. Heat up time is superb, with visible and tasty vapor being produced within 25 seconds or so. Don't wait for the light to turn green or you'll have already missed a bit of the nice low temp stuff. The build quality is pretty nice, with a sturdy metal chassis. I do not like the super-shiny, chromed-looking metal on the mouthpiece though, some part of me just thinks "cheap pot metal" when I see that.

Like many, I use the Solo as a yardstick by which other portable vapes can be measured. I do definitely prefer my Solo for vapor production, ABV darkness, and flavor. At the same time the Flowermate has a claimed superior battery life, is more compact, does not require a fragile and seperate stem, has a faster heat up time, and at this moment is just a bit over half the price of a Solo. Now that Smiss is claiming they will hike the price, that advantage will diminish somewhat.

Last edited:

Sinclue

So far I am liking the Flowermate in most regards. This dog does hunt. I was really happy to see an absence of worrying fumes or phantom vapor when running the unit for several cycles while empty. Flavor is on the good side, vapor density on the acceptable side, bowl size is maybe 2x a well packed Solo stem which I do appreciate it. ABV consistency is very nice and ABV is a nice brownish hue - not as dark as I would personally like, which is my main issue with the unit. I would simply like another, higher temperature setting, or for the base one to be more aggressive - I acknowledge this is a matter of taste and that increase in temp would likely offend as many people as it would please. Heat up time is superb, with visible and tasty vapor being produced within 25 seconds or so. Don't wait for the light to turn green or you'll have already missed a bit of the nice low temp stuff. The build quality is pretty nice, with a sturdy metal chassis. I do not like the super-shiny, chromed-looking metal on the mouthpiece though, some part of me just thinks "cheap pot metal" when I see that.

Like many, I use the Solo as a yardstick by which other portable vapes can be measured. I do definitely prefer my Solo for vapor production, ABV darkness, and flavor. At the same time the Flowermate has a claimed superior battery life, is more compact, does not require a fragile and seperate stem, has a faster heat up time, and at this moment is just a bit over half the price of a Solo. Now that Smiss is claiming they will hike the price, that advantage will diminish somewhat.

Some are bringing up the Firewood, which I've only owned the V1 of. People tend to overstate the learning

Your post got cut off at "overstate the learning....."

Agree with your analysis. I too use the Solo as the yardstick. Have had three of them (one stolen at a party) including my still relaible original ceramic model. Must be two years now and still haven't changed the battery. I pretty much keep it on one temp so the FM single setting doesn't bother me. Guess I prefer a lighter vapor.
I also have the Firewood v2.0 which I enjoy too. Something about the tactile feel of wood just feels better. I would say for those with less variety of experience there is a learning curve. Always seems to come down to experience combined with trial and error. I've owned many different vaporizers in the last 10 years and I've never been fortunate enough to get max potential out of them without experimentation (which is also part of the fun, of course).

One con on the FM is that light inside. What's the point? Certainly reduces any stealthy aspect at night. But all in all I like it a lot for the price. Remains to be seen how much it goes up in price compared to a Solo (in my mind) to see if it continues to be a good deal.

~

I wonder if the light is a legal dodge. It wouldn't be the first vaporizer to have a flashlight function, as I recall a Skyda model had a little module with a light on it.

charliedontsurf,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I wonder if the light is a legal dodge. It wouldn't be the first vaporizer to have a flashlight function, as I recall a Skyda model had a little module with a light on it.
+ Zico I-torch .. or Dragon or whatever.. True flashlight with vaping mode :D :D

Abysmal Vapor,

VaporsVaporizer

On the Stoop
The light is useful for filling and cleaning :D. If i used this outside at night, i could block the light with my hand if i had to0.

VaporsVaporizer,
Reactions: Vape Dr.

Sinclue

The light is useful for filling and cleaning :D. If i used this outside at night, i could block the light with my hand if i had to0.

All true, but I was in a crowd situation and you can't wrap your hands around the air intake hole to block the light.
Not a deal breaker by any means and if I'd moved a bit I could have stood near some of the idiots who insist on holding up their cell phones to record or text. Plenty of distracting light there.

~

caliwisp

Cali Dreamin'

@charliedontsurf, speaking of the metal, is there any way to tell if the oven is aluminum or stainless? I know we are still waiting for specs from the manufacturer . . .

caliwisp,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
So I was going to buy one of these guys myself finally, well as a gift for my brother, but upon checking dhgate this morning, it looks like the prices have indeed been raised already to $136 for order only one unit, $81 for 2-3, $75 for 4-9, $62 for 10. So I guess that price jump has already spread to dhgate, earlier than expected... Am I missing something or if you check where you got yours, has it been raised? If so, I guess I might as well just get one off eBay for $90?

EDIT: looks like that eBay seller just raised their price too, now $104 instead of 90... Guess I really should've ordered it last night!

Last edited:
Shit Snacks,

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
So I was going to buy one of these guys myself finally, well as a gift for my brother, but upon checking dhgate this morning, it looks like the prices have indeed been raised already to $136 for order only one unit, $81 for 2-3, $75 for 4-9, $62 for 10. So I guess that price jump has already spread to dhgate, earlier than expected... Am I missing something or if you check where you got yours, has it been raised? If so, I guess I might as well just get one off eBay for $90?

EDIT: looks like that eBay seller just raised their price too, now $104 instead of 90... Guess I really should've ordered it last night!

Where I got mine now says "Product does not exist" :( Still haven't received mine yet, but looking forward to trying it soon, I would not have purchased it at $136.

Mister G,

fuckvapor911

Unapproved commercial account.
@Shit Snacks:
You'd better to shot asap, the retailling price raised that got info from where i shot last week. :lol: Heard that so hot this bad vaporizer. :rofl:

fuckvapor911,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Yeah shipping is taking as long as my sunshine store purchase, I ordered on the 10th, shipped out on the 12th, it's last update on the 17th it dropped down in Illinois. Unfortunate about the prices raising.

paytonpenn,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
@Shit Snacks:
You'd better to shot asap, the retailling price raised that got info from where i shot last week. :lol: Heard that so hot this bad vaporizer. :rofl:

Shot? Shop? "Heard that so hot" "bad vaporizer"? Language barrier, No idea what you're trying to say. Simply just laughing at me for raising the price on us after we supported it on here?

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Vape Dr.

gibson

Argh! Read the whole thread which convinced me to buy one and it's gone from $65 all in to $135. Seems a little short sighted of them to me - I think whilst it is a good vaporizer one of its biggest selling points was being half the price of a solo. They could have been the vaporizer everyone owned at one point but now it's just another vape. Grumble grumble :disgust:

Sir-Vapes-Alot

Looking for honest comparisons between vapormax and arizer solo from those who have used both.

Only vapes i.have used are vapormax and mflb...still trying to decide whether i shpild still add a so to my rotation or whether i should sell my vapormax or mflb and get one.

Which do you prefer and is it redindnat having both the solo and vapormax... if you own both is one collecting more dust over the other

Sir-Vapes-Alot,

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations Sir-Vapes-Alot,

...from those who have used both.

The problem with those who have used both is that this tells nothing about what's inside and how it works, as a matter of fact i suspect most of them might not even know where to begin anyway. So, it's one thing to compare vaporizers on the basis of cloud thickness recorded in video but i'm not so sure that such selectivity in a criteria will garantee "honest comparisons"...

IMO a honest comparison is when one is actually able to identify items on which to base a comparison, otherwise this is about perceptions instead of objectivity. So, how about comparing containment & separation in the corresponding air/vapor/venting paths???

Anyone who already experienced both products would care to provide some detailed description?

:peace:

Last edited:
Egzoset,
Top Bottom