Discontinued FlowerMate V8.0 by Smiss

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
My only problem with the V8 is that it takes ages to lose the "new vape" smell. But I did a bowl the other day and was very pleased by the amount of vapor it can produce. The heater is powerful, no doubt about that.

Meanwhile I received my FM5-Pro sample and it's the best of both worlds: small and simple like a FM5, fast and versatile like the FM8... without the complicated vapor path.

KeroZen,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Alright, this has been a long time with no update. Who still has one of those around? If you do, there might be hope!

With my two samples, I was never satisfyed by the device smell. Even when cold and aired for months, it smelled a lot of things, but mostly plastic. The "reversed flow" mod I did on one of the devices was not really practical, and in the end both haven't seen any use since my last post.

With a friend we decided to do something about it, because it's really a shame! I had big hopes for this vape and it has potential really. The battery is insane (3S), the peak power output too (120W), the heat-up time is so fantastic it isn't far from "instant on" or "on demand vapor". I mean you could power it on, get a couple of hits, then press the button to put it in sleep mode, then resume later... The bowl is okay, at least it's ceramic. The OLED screen is badly driven but it's not ugly either... And last but not least it has rather precise active (feedback based) temperature control.

So here we go: I'm not starting a separate thread because it's really FM8 specific, and I hope it can prove useful to future reader and owners. This is the FM8 DIY mod adventure! Here is a first pic of the transformation process, showing what's left of the first device after complete dismantling:

XA8uOq4.png

We kept the bare essentials, everything else has been removed. A pen style vape is shown nearby for size comparison. As you can see the FM8 could have been considerably smaller if they didn't try to implement this convoluted vapor path. The PCB's are single sided, it's a very small micro controller (they removed the part number)

I will post more pictures of the process in the future. We already toyed with the vapor-path part using e-cig parts and keeping the original glass straw and the silicone ring around the bowl (not shown in picture) to isolate it from its new holder piece. A short test run was very pleasant albeit "ghetto style"... Stay tuned!

virtualpurple

Alright, this has been a long time with no update. Who still has one of those around? If you do, there might be hope!

With my two samples, I was never satisfyed by the device smell. Even when cold and aired for months, it smelled a lot of things, but mostly plastic. The "reversed flow" mod I did on one of the devices was not really practical, and in the end both haven't seen any use since my last post.

With a friend we decided to do something about it, because it's really a shame! I had big hopes for this vape and it has potential really. The battery is insane (3S), the peak power output too (120W), the heat-up time is so fantastic it isn't far from "instant on" or "on demand vapor". I mean you could power it on, get a couple of hits, then press the button to put it in sleep mode, then resume later... The bowl is okay, at least it's ceramic. The OLED screen is badly driven but it's not ugly either... And last but not least it has rather precise active (feedback based) temperature control.

So here we go: I'm not starting a separate thread because it's really FM8 specific, and I hope it can prove useful to future reader and owners. This is the FM8 DIY mod adventure! Here is a first pic of the transformation process, showing what's left of the first device after complete dismantling:

XA8uOq4.png

We kept the bare essentials, everything else has been removed. A pen style vape is shown nearby for size comparison. As you can see the FM8 could have been considerably smaller if they didn't try to implement this convoluted vapor path. The PCB's are single sided, it's a very small micro controller (they removed the part number)

I will post more pictures of the process in the future. We already toyed with the vapor-path part using e-cig parts and keeping the original glass straw and the silicone ring around the bowl (not shown in picture) to isolate it from its new holder piece. A short test run was very pleasant albeit "ghetto style"... Stay tuned!

I've still got my two beta models! With your results I wonder if I could get a guy I know that's handy with a wood lathe to fashion up a little body for it. Maybe with a little ingenuity we could remodel these things into some decent little log style vapes...

Please continue to post your progress and your methods, I think we could perhaps repurpose these into nifty little collectors items!

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
We're making some progress on the two conversion projects with my friend. During his holidays he managed to produce two wooden enclosures. It's not made out of solid wood but it's not too shabby either.

He will convert his device into a dual-purpose mod with the ceramic bowl for dry herbs and a 510 thread output to accept any kind of e-juice tank. The following pictures don't look very tidy but it will be neater when it's complete. You can see the ready-made variable voltage controller for the e-cig part on the left as well as the 510 port at the top :

GGDTQhc.png

63LiM3w.png

Then for my device he made something more elaborate looking like a firearm grip, and I won't need the e-cig part as I withdrawed from nicotine. This is still pretty much a work in progress:

mpnT2BF.png

hW81Tth.png

Top Bottom