Raf007

Retailer
We received the Nano last week.
It's more a conduction vape than anything, at 230°C you get black ABV so it's pretty temp accurate.
Compared to other FM vapes of V0 family the Nano hits a little harder.
It vibrates when temp is reached. And yes finally a FM vape with a removable battery.
In a few words I would say the Nano is up to FM reputation of creating good, efficient and sturdy vape.
Little note to finish: I wonder where is the Nano in their mind as the vape has a regular size, like a FM V5 Pro, but with a better and stronger metal finish.

BigJr48

We received the Nano last week.
It's more a conduction vape than anything, at 230°C you get black ABV so it's pretty temp accurate.
Compared to other FM vapes of V0 family the Nano hits a little harder.
It vibrates when temp is reached. And yes finally a FM vape with a removable battery.
In a few words I would say the Nano is up to FM reputation of creating good, efficient and sturdy vape.
Little note to finish: I wonder where is the Nano in their mind as the vape has a regular size, like a FM V5 Pro, but with a better and stronger metal finish.

What store has it in stock?

AtomicPB

I do not know if they have it in stock already and/or if they can keep the announced date but "verdampftnochmal.de" says that the V5 Nano is available from the 15th of April.

https://verdampftnochmal.de/products/en/Flowermate-V5-Nano

Was really interested but the feedback of @Raf007 about size and the mainly conductive properties kinda cooled me down. I had high hopes for the "convection pre-heating technology" as I thought it might be a hybrid like the Fury2.

Still interested about the air- and vaporpath and how well it is isolated from the electronics.

Maybe some more feedback gets me interested again. I always liked my V5 Mini ... with the Fury2, the Fog and the Starry there is some competition for Flowermate in the same size and price range, which all have some nice things to offer. I'd be interested if Flowermate brings something desirable to the table which is not revealed by only reading the datasheet.

MegaBitmap

Looks like puffitup just stocked the nano priced at 160 usd. They also posted a tear down: http://blog.puffitup.com/2018/04/flowermate-v5-nano-teardown-and-preview/
Imo looks to be quite the upgrade from the fm mini, the metal spiral piece before the chamber looks like it might actually produce a little convection. One interesting thing that I noticed in the tear down was the spring loaded mouthpiece storage, finally a fm vape that doesn't rattle in your pocket.

AtomicPB

I thought exactly the same thing after checking the teardown from PIU. At first when Raf007 shared his experience I lost a little interest but now I am very interested again.

Sadly, I spent all my budget on an ArGo so that I can not order the FM Nano as I initially wanted after the release of it.

Really looking forward to your review @PPN . :)

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Just some first impressions, decent building quality , aluminium body but plastic top and bottom, buttons feel cheap. Very similar in form and function to the Odin from TopBond with it's glass detachable mp and storage mp compartment but the Nano get replacable batteries!

How's the draw resistance on the V5 Nano???
There is some draw resistance especially after a few sessions if you don't clean the mp screen and if you pack it tight!

Already vaped with it, seems to use a lot of conduction in regards to the abv but I need to play more with grinds, packing to be sure. No huge robot fart but just a thin layer which disappear pretty fast...imo.

Seems to go through battery pretty fast, 5-6 cycles from full to dead.

More to come....

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Just got the following in an email from Planet of the Vapes (POTV):

FlowerMate’s new V5 Nano is here, and it’s a thing of beauty! This all-black, brand new addition to the Flowermate V5 series heats up fast, pumps out excellent vapour, and is easy to use.

Since the V5 Nano was late for 4/20, we’re offering newsletter subscribers $10 off this already wallet-friendly vaporizer with the voucher code V5NANO10. Like the Tera Discount, this code is only valid until Friday, April 27th.

Reposting this info here for anyone with a hankering for this new guy at a discount.

I received mine yesterday, have not used yet - still in process of doing burnoffs. Gone through 6 batteries worth so far, cleaned oven with q-tip and iso. Still smells of Robot Farts and there is smoke-like visible vapor coming from the empty oven that can be seen when held near bright light.

Anyone else experienced this?

Baron23

Hi guys, sorry for my delayed review, will write it soon!

A crash test was done by accident and after a 1m30 fall on concrete it still works well there is just a small scratch on a bottom corner!
If you are willing to make the sacrifice to science (and for your FC brethren LOL), perhaps load it, turn it on, don't draw, and see what happens to the load. This is, to me, the real field determination of conduction vice convection.

Also, does it require tamping the load for best performance? Another marker for conduction, IME.

Cheers

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Interesting they already build another version...

It's full conduction with a little help from secondary heating to a convection spiral below the heater. But it charts like a stronger conduction vape with less of a drop during the hit, a lot like the CF/CFX
I have to agree with you my friend, it's conduction but seems stronger than most others conductions based devices. It pulls out impressive amounts of vapor but the taste suffers even at 210°C and the abv is not evenly browned since the bottom and the top of the load is always less dark than the rest.

Like for the Odin I love the concealable feature, the fact you can remove the mp and store it in the unit is trully something I appreciate on the go. No more dusty sticky mp, no more breaks... if you open the storage compartment gentle enough to avoid to get your mp ejected like a a canonball and might break on the floor (luckily it happened to me when I was on the garden).

About the mp it get pretty hot, too much for my liking and I get some tolerance about that! So I decided to add a thin silicon layer on the top part of the mp (works as a wpa too!) to avoid to get burned lips. If it's thin enough like mine the silicon layer does work in the storage compartment. Can i add it protects the glass mp from falls... not totally but it helps (look at my previous post here).

I will post more and some pics soon but there was again storms and thunders and i was out of internet since Friday and got the juice back only yesterday evening (it was a bit less than 48h without electricity). In another hand a baby is born from one of my horse, it's a guy and it is so beautyfull and nice! My daughter even stretched out on the young horse when he was quiet enough!

welderboy

its 4:20 somewhere.....
Got my Nano today ,,,still playing around with temps, packing and grinds. So far I'm pretty impressed. Great flavor, good hits, lightweight and compact. Love the removable 18650 battery since I already have a bunch for my e-juice mods. No more getting stuck with a dead battery, plus it has a pass through charger, so you can hit it while charging on the computer, or in the car. It looks a lot like my box mod, so I doubt anyone will notice the difference. Simple to use, low maintenance, no bells or whistles, no light shows or Simon says games, no mobile phone apps, just a nice vape at a pretty good price. Plus I got a free four piece grinder, a vacuum stash container and the battery was included, which is rare.

Top Bottom