Flowermate Swift Pro

Hi, I have a Swift pro and I think I have a problem: I can no longer unscrew the steel filter of the mouthpiece. Unfortunately I never unscrewed it to clean it and I believe that the accumulated resin has irreparably glued the pieces. How can I do? It is damaged? Do I have to buy another mouthpiece?

Thanks.
You just need to give it a very long soak in isopropyl alcohol

archangelz001,

TiSteamo

VAPEnsiero... sull'ali dorate...
Are you sure? I have read somewhere that a prolonged immersion in isopropyl alcohol can cause plastic deformation. I would not want to mess!

TiSteamo,

Mr. Me2

You just need to give it a very long soak in isopropyl alcohol
No promises, and I can’t speak to the materials in this vape, but I clean my Crafty cu by dropping it in a baggie of ISO and putting the baggie in a super hot cup of water for about 10-15 minutes. Then a water wash and full air dry.

Mr. Me2,

gooroo

Don't soak the body. 99% ISO will harm the finish and who knows what else. Heat should loosen it up.

gooroo,

TiSteamo

No promises, and I can’t speak to the materials in this vape, but I clean my Crafty cu by dropping it in a baggie of ISO and putting the baggie in a super hot cup of water for about 10-15 minutes. Then a water wash and full air dry.

Desperate times call for desperate measures :D

TiSteamo,

gooroo

If you cannot remove chamber from body, any "dipping" in anything is probably going to ruin it. Have you got a heat gun or hair dryer you can use?

gooroo,

TiSteamo

I want to be clearer:

swift-pro-screen-1024x768.jpg

I can not unscrew the steel screen from the rest of the mouthpiece. I remember that when it was new you could easily unscrew (in fact there are the spare screens) while now the resin has glued everything. (I was not very careful not to never ever clean that part)

TiSteamo,
Reactions: 2hrs

2hrs

I had this same problem. I let it go way too long before cleaning. DO NOT soak this MP in alcohol.

Mine didn't get impossibly stuck, but you just gotta get it warm so the resin is soft and pliable and just work it. might need some pliers if you can't grip it good but it will come off, I suggest doing it while warm and if you don't care about trying to get some of that reclaim out, probably soaking in soapy water might healp break it up, but if its as stuck as you say it is, the bckside of that screen is reclaim GOLD lol.

2hrs,

Mr. Me2

I want to be clearer:

swift-pro-screen-1024x768.jpg

I can not unscrew the steel screen from the rest of the mouthpiece. I remember that when it was new you could easily unscrew (in fact there are the spare screens) while now the resin has glued everything. (I was not very careful not to never ever clean that part)
I wonder if needle nose tweezers will work to help you unscrew it. That’s what I use on my grasshopper and it works like a charm. Less than $5 at CVS.

Mr. Me2,

TiSteamo

I had this same problem. I let it go way too long before cleaning. DO NOT soak this MP in alcohol.

Mine didn't get impossibly stuck, but you just gotta get it warm so the resin is soft and pliable and just work it. might need some pliers if you can't grip it good but it will come off, I suggest doing it while warm and if you don't care about trying to get some of that reclaim out, probably soaking in soapy water might healp break it up, but if its as stuck as you say it is, the bckside of that screen is reclaim GOLD lol.

Sorry, I did not understand the last part of your message. I already tried to unscrew it when it was hot but without success. For now it works well but I fear that in the long run the resin will clog the holes and will not allow the steam to pass. I think I'll buy a new one. This time I will do a more accurate maintenance.

I wonder if needle nose tweezers will work to help you unscrew it. That’s what I use on my grasshopper and it works like a charm. Less than $5 at CVS.

First of all, guys, I want to thank you for the answers.
I tried in every way. The wheel in which the screen is inserted rotates but turns blank. I will try to soak it in hot water with soap but only when I have one in reserve.
You never know.;)

Last edited by a moderator:
TiSteamo,

2hrs

Sorry, I did not understand the last part of your message. I already tried to unscrew it when it was hot but without success. For now it works well but I fear that in the long run the resin will clog the holes and will not allow the steam to pass. I think I'll buy a new one. This time I will do a more accurate maintenance.

the mouthpiece in your picture, you can break it down one more level by sliding that groove and popping off the the bottom piece of the mouthpiece assemblly and separating it from the top "straw and cover"

the flat piecce with the plastic slider will come out with the entire goo'd up screen assembly.

you have so much resin that the top part of the screen will spin when you spin the bottom. there are holes on that side and you need to somehow hold the backside with tweezers or something (if i remember right you can just press with your finger from the backside if not too hot) and stop the back part of the screen from spinning. also if I remember correctl it will take more turns that you think to unscrew it.

can you take a pic of the backside of screen if yo separate the 2 parts of the mouthpiece? there will be super gunnk in there and that is holding the 2 metal pieces together. you need to stop the inner metal "grate" from spinning while you turn the bottom metal piece (that goes down into the chamber)

Sorry again for the question but I wonder if the very hot water can damage the plastic.
No. It wont. But it may help soften the resin that has accumulated and hardened. Also separate the top of the mouthpiece from the insert containing the screen. If you have a small shallow dish you could put Isopropyl alcohl in the dish and balance the insert screen down into the Iso.

archangelz001,

TiSteamo

No. It wont. But it may help soften the resin that has accumulated and hardened. Also separate the top of the mouthpiece from the insert containing the screen. If you have a small shallow dish you could put Isopropyl alcohl in the dish and balance the insert screen down into the Iso.

I will try. Thank you.

the mouthpiece in your picture, you can break it down one more level by sliding that groove and popping off the the bottom piece of the mouthpiece assemblly and separating it from the top "straw and cover"

the flat piecce with the plastic slider will come out with the entire goo'd up screen assembly.

you have so much resin that the top part of the screen will spin when you spin the bottom. there are holes on that side and you need to somehow hold the backside with tweezers or something (if i remember right you can just press with your finger from the backside if not too hot) and stop the back part of the screen from spinning. also if I remember correctl it will take more turns that you think to unscrew it.

can you take a pic of the backside of screen if yo separate the 2 parts of the mouthpiece? there will be super gunnk in there and that is holding the 2 metal pieces together. you need to stop the inner metal "grate" from spinning while you turn the bottom metal piece (that goes down into the chamber)

Yes, I know that you can separate the two parts of the mouthpiece. The back side of the screen, like the front one, is clean. The problem is inside. However, I believe that the method you described is the right one. I've already tried it before but failed.

TiSteamo,

Meach

Take the mp apart...let a blow dryer warm the metal screen for about 10 or 15 min...hold the inside part of the screen assembly (top half) with a pliers..wrap a towel around to avoid bending etc...then the other end that goes into the bowl twist w your hand..ive had mine stuck and this works the few times it got stuck...also try tapping it sometimes the threads dont sit right causing it to get stuck

Meach,

TiSteamo

Take the mp apart...let a blow dryer warm the metal screen for about 10 or 15 min...hold the inside part of the screen assembly (top half) with a pliers..wrap a towel around to avoid bending etc...then the other end that goes into the bowl twist w your hand..ive had mine stuck and this works the few times it got stuck...also try tapping it sometimes the threads dont sit right causing it to get stuck

Thank you for your suggestion. A question: do not you always clean it? I think, however, I will order a new one and this time I will clean it every time I use it. In this way this inconvenience will no longer happen.

TiSteamo,

Meach

Every time i finish using i blow throw the mouthpiece and wipe all excess build up..best to do it while the vape is still warm..a quick wipe down everynight will mitigate sticking issues...i know we all forget sometimes but make it a routine to at least wipe down the screen everytime you use it

Meach,
Reactions: TiSteamo

TiSteamo

Yeah.
I noticed that cleaning the mouthpiece inside - the suction hole - is a bit difficult. How do you do?

TiSteamo,

2hrs

I loved the swift pro, but honestly, you'd probably be better served picking up something else if you're going to buy a new vape. unless you can get that "throwaway" price of like 30-40 bucks.

I let it to too long at first, i would alwayas have a needle on hand and a scraping tool. when I'd empty abv, id scrape off whatever gung and overflow resin and put it in with my abv jar. and then I poke through the grill piece to help airflow. that was my process with this vape, but yeah the mouthpiece is kidnda annoying like that, and the battery is garbage, but I'd always have good convection sesshes with it.

if you like this vape, check out my thread asking for suggestions for a replacement for it when i moved on. I basically love convection session or on demand vapes. This ia great gateway vape if you can get it for super cheap. (i orignally got mine for 40 bucks from puffitup)

one more thought is to try freezing it and then messing around with it. heating it might make the metal expand and make the threads tighter, perhaps freezing it can make the resin brittle and give some separation between the metal parts to allow it to break free... i dunno.

2hrs,
Top Bottom