Flower mixing. 1:1 strains vs mixing your own.

GoldenBud

term like THCA before myself let alone ever searched for it specifically
it's like... Oreoz buds have ~25% THCA. more professional way to say that it's fresh dried bud, before vaporization ;)
while we vaporize it becomes THC

GoldenBud,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
it's like... Oreoz buds have ~25% THCA. more professional way to say that it's fresh dried bud, before vaporization ;)
while we vaporize it becomes THC

Okay yeah, I just think of that as THC and ignore the A haha though I know there are so many different types of it in the buds, it's more complicated than I can comprehend... Most buds I have seen also don't have comprehensive information so it's usually just a THC percentage to go off of, and it's really easy to find high THC, now it is above 30 even which is too high honestly but who knows accuracy and quality... So I've mostly been ordering from kushfly, which I think I mentioned here previously too, for the simple convenience despite the potential hit or miss quality, for the past 2 years. What I need is proper boveda packs now I think, because I got some really nice buds again, but they feel pretty dry? They started including Integra packs with them in the past year and at first it really helped everything was better and fresher but now not so I feel like maybe that would be the way to go? Unfortunately boveda are not available on Amazon anymore at least right now it seems so not sure where to go next eBay I guess lol

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: GoldenBud

hinglemccringleberry

Hey all, I was just wondering if there were any advantages(other then convenance) to mix and match your own strains, rather then purchasing strains that are already part CBD, part THC.

At the moment im trying to lean towards less THC then i have used in the past, and have been testing out different 1:1 strains, that i really enjoy. I however find them to be quite expensive and more limited at times.

Would it be better for me to use a CBD flower that i enjoy, and just mix that up into some THC strains, so i can make my own 1:1 strains. Are there any issues that could possibly pop up doing this?

Thanks all.
Pete.
As you get more in to this practice you'll find that having separate strains is the way to go. You can dial the ratio to whatever your needs/wants are, which change from time to time. Want to relax and only get a tiny buzz? You can do like 5x hemp flower to 1x marijuana. Want to get high but without the racy, paranoia-inducing effects of THC? Throw a half-and-half in the chamber for a nice 1:1.

This is what I've been doing for years now and could never go back to straight marijuana. For someone who loves the act of vaporizing but doesn't like being ballz-out stoned, unless being ballz-out stoned is the plan, this is the way.

Last edited:

CaptBongRipper

Life goes on, man...
As you get more in to this practice you'll find that having separate strains is the way to go. You can dial the ratio to whatever your needs/wants are, which change from time to time. Want to relax and only get a tiny buzz? You can do like 5x hemp flower to 1x marijuana. Want to get high but without the racy, paranoia-inducing effects of THC? Throw a half-and-half in the chamber for a nice 1:1.

This is what I've been doing for years now and could never go back to straight marijuana. For someone who loves the act of vaporizing but doesn't like being ballz-out stoned, unless being ballz-out stoned is the plan, this is the way.
This is the way.

Don't know why it took me so long to come this as well when it just makes so much sense. I go back to my high school years in the late 70's and weed was a lot less "put you on your ass" back then. We could pass joints for HOURS and still be coherent, though also pleasantly stoned. I missed that with the modern stuff in that it just knocked me on my ass so fast. Not so much now that I have a high tolerance, but still...

Just today I prepared a few different mixes and put them in separate jars to use depending on the time of day and what I am feeling. Yesterday and today were my first practice and so far so good!

florduh

I realized I never really got into mixing CBD flower with my THC stuff. I would just vape hemp during the day and switch to THC after work.

I like racy sativas. Does adding hemp to "sativa" leaning strains make it sleepier/stonier for anyone?

WisePenny

unknown. unmember.
I realized I never really got into mixing CBD flower with my THC stuff. I would just vape hemp during the day and switch to THC after work.

I like racy sativas. Does adding hemp to "sativa" leaning strains make it sleepier/stonier for anyone?
Like any THC flower, CBD flowers also have sativa or indica leaning strains. My go-to CBD strains are sativa for my daytime use. I find that mixing some in with a high THC indica will also help to make the indica less couch-locky.

But yeah, just find the type of Sativa CBD strain that keeps you racing as you would with your normal stains!

hinglemccringleberry

I'm just glad the quality of CBD flower has reached the level it's at currently. Nowadays the top shelf stuff actually compliments the flavor from my THC flower. About 5 years ago it was kind of downgrading the flavor...

tattooed

Today's high CBD flower is so good, it really only makes sense to mix them if you want something more balanced. No need to try to breed some perfect mix, just mix your own.

I love CBD flower and almost always mix in some. Its nice to have so much control of the effects, there's times where I'm real heavy on the cbd and less on the thc and vice versa. I don't think we'll see a bunch of evenly balanced strains and honestly, I good with that, I'd rather have control over both.

PeteyS

Great stuff guys. I agree, its so much easier to find cbd flower, rather then 1:1 strains, thats the main reason I started mixing.
I find the effects to be enhanced in some way. I don't want to say the cbd flower brings down the high, because I don't think that is totally accurate. I think the two flowers are complimenting each other, and offering you a more broad spectrum of cannibinoids. Might I say, a more "rounded" high?

CaptBongRipper

Life goes on, man...
" I don't want to say the cbd flower brings down the high, because I don't think that is totally accurate. I think the two flowers are complimenting each other, and offering you a more broad spectrum of cannabinoids. Might I say, a more "rounded" high?"
I agree. I did read that theory somewhere else but it didn't make much sense as it seemed to me they should work synergistically and so far, that is my experience, much the same way that ibuprofen (Advil) and acetaminophen (Tylenol) work well together for certain pain applications. The idea there is to eliminate the pain from more than one angle. There are numerous other pharmacological examples of this.

Granted I have only been mixing since the weekend, but my epxerienice so far is that CBD flower and THC flower complement each other quite well and I am convinced they give an overall better high together. Reminds me of how I felt smoking weed back in the 70's when they naturally contained THC and CBD. Mind you, I had no idea of this at the time!

PeteyS

Yup, agree 100%. Ive only been doing it for 2 weeks, so more testing is still needed. Another side note is that when mixing we are keeping our tolerance at lower levels, which is always a good thing.
We should keep posting our results on this page as we test our "recipes"

PeteyS,
Reactions: newola

Ariwe

For the past couple of days I've been doing .05g THC with a small dollop of CBG kief from Horn Creek Hemp. I load it into an Airvape Pro with on demand at 335º.

I'm finding it easier to keep my concentration and energy up with the CBG added. Not a massive difference, but it's notable.

I'll probably continue to explore the ratio.

GoldenBud

I'm finding it easier to keep my concentration and energy up with the CBG added
yeah because it reduces the chance of THC to bind CB1 or something like that... but it reduces anxiety that THC can cause.... great stuff... waiting for my CBG to arrive....

GoldenBud,
Reactions: Ariwe
Top Bottom