Fixing Err004 Storz-Bickel Mighty OG

beckao

Hey,

I know the correct procedure is to RMA it, but I do not have this option.

Storz-Bickel does not send it to my country nor to a PO Box, so there is really no other option.

I have asked them to provide some kind of repair instructions but they won't.

Already tried new batteries.

Could anyone point me to any content of successful fixing of Mighty OG (first version)?

LesPlenty

Company Rep
How can I reset the settings of the VENTY? There are two ways to reset the VENTY: Press the Power Button for 10 seconds. OR: Reset through the Web App.
That is the only fix I know @beckao, it sometimes fixes the problem...for a while.

LesPlenty,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
There is no reset for the OG Mighty unfortunately.
Sorry about that, I thought you had a Venty problem...there have been a lot, the Mighty is usually pretty bulletproof apart from the LCD screen. This would be a good time to move away from the aluminium-filled dinosaur, at least the Mighty+ etc now has a ceramic coating on the bowl.:2c:

LesPlenty,
Reactions: cosimo

MoltenTiger

Nice work swapping batteries. A pity it didn't do the trick, but good effort to try.

Maybe demand from S&B replacement/exchange parts instead of a whole product for customs clearance purposes. Maybe you can reassemble a whole set if you can get all the parts.
Or look into parcel forwarding services.

It might not be as simple as one PCBA swap if things are calibrated as a final assembly which is likely. But if you get everything individually the legal side might be better?

I think it is effectively a lemon and a whole replacement is basically necessary, and more reasonable than reverse engineering too.
For cost price the effort isn't viable unless a very skilled hobbyist with days to kill is to take on a mission.
The thing is too complicated for its own good and there's no documentation. Many devices are now fairly unrepairable, I don't think its worth the convenience for what the modern devices are achieving.

My Sony Xperia 1 is about to be made defunct due to '3G' network shut offs and bad software support, and every replacement is even more compromised.
Back to smoke signals before too much longer.

beckao

Nice work swapping batteries. A pity it didn't do the trick, but good effort to try.

Maybe demand from S&B replacement/exchange parts instead of a whole product for customs clearance purposes. Maybe you can reassemble a whole set if you can get all the parts.
Or look into parcel forwarding services.

It might not be as simple as one PCBA swap if things are calibrated as a final assembly which is likely. But if you get everything individually the legal side might be better?

I think it is effectively a lemon and a whole replacement is basically necessary, and more reasonable than reverse engineering too.
For cost price the effort isn't viable unless a very skilled hobbyist with days to kill is to take on a mission.
The thing is too complicated for its own good and there's no documentation. Many devices are now fairly unrepairable, I don't think its worth the convenience for what the modern devices are achieving.

My Sony Xperia 1 is about to be made defunct due to '3G' network shut offs and bad software support, and every replacement is even more compromised.
Back to smoke signals before too much longer.

I have already owned a Xperia 1, great gear. Felt the same way when my OnePlus One bricked. So hard to find something that just works (forever). :lol:

Anyway, that's a good advice, I'll try to ask them for a full new electronics kit. Will post the result.

MoltenTiger

I have already owned a Xperia 1, great gear. Felt the same way when my OnePlus One bricked. So hard to find something that just works (forever). :lol:

Anyway, that's a good advice, I'll try to ask them for a full new electronics kit. Will post the result.
Best of luck!

MoltenTiger,
Top Bottom