First dry herb vape for 300 USD?

Misterhyde

I already ordered a Dynavap last night :ko:

Darn, well I’ll give it a shot, and if anything, I can buy something else in the future. The TM was looking pretty pricey tbh, and didn’t know if it would be worth it to splurge.
I think you made the right decision going to Dynavap. I thought for sure you would be talked into Tinymight here. IMO Dynavap is leaps and bounds better than the highly recommended Tinymight. Dynavap with an induction heater is an awesome setup. I personally like the XL size stems more than the short M's. The BBs are cool but can break somewhat easily.

Misterhyde,
Reactions: fkabravo

fkabravo

I think you made the right decision going to Dynavap. I thought for sure you would be talked into Tinymight here. IMO Dynavap is leaps and bounds better than the highly recommended Tinymight. Dynavap with an induction heater is an awesome setup. I personally like the XL size stems more than the short M's. The BBs are cool but can break somewhat easily.
I almost ordered a TinyMight as well, seeing everyone recommend them. I’m thinking of picking up a Rogue or a XMAX V3 Pro as a secondary vape for CBD flower.
What induction heater do you recommend? I don’t love the look of the wand tbh, and don’t wanna wait 2 months for a VHB

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
@cptofnthng to be fair it is supposed to be a convection vape...

I almost ordered a TinyMight as well, seeing everyone recommend them. I’m thinking of picking up a Rogue or a XMAX V3 Pro as a secondary vape for CBD flower.
What induction heater do you recommend? I don’t love the look of the wand tbh, and don’t wanna wait 2 months for a VHB

I would recommend the Rogue for the CBD flower, something about the extra hybrid heating style would be more effective for cbd I think along with the larger bowl...

Okla68

Haha, amusing. In a world of complex different needs for vapes, there surely isnt one best vaporizer and it surely isnt a plastic conduction vape.
Ill accept that response. I guess I have a Dislike for the Dynavap. Yes, Ive owned a cpl..and a IH and a torch. I cant see how anyone would recommend it to anyone. Jus me !
And whe talking about the Legacy Pro...its in relation to Portables.

Okla68,
Reactions: Inforit

Misterhyde

I think there are a few good ones out there. I have an Apollo 2 for at home and an ispire wand for travel. The ispire wand is fairly small for what it is and does a good job. Not sure how compact the others are comparably. When I am home I still prefer to use my Apollo though.

Misterhyde,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
You can vape cbd in the vapcap. The Rogue is a session vape with a slow weak heater and a good bit of conduction so you'll wait thirty seconds for it to warm up and then it's cooking the bowl for however many minutes it's on. Session vapes make me feel rushed for that reason although it matters less at cbd prices. They also take longer too extract so you'll need 2 to 3x the number of hits for equivalent extraction compared to the TM. Rogue flavor is worse too with typical mixed material mouthpiece from HR.

So now to sidestep the high price of the Tinymight we're looking at a vapcap, an induction heater, and a session vape. : le sigh :

Razhumikin

Ill accept that response. I guess I have a Dislike for the Dynavap. Yes, Ive owned a cpl..and a IH and a torch. I cant see how anyone would recommend it to anyone. Jus me !
And whe talking about the Legacy Pro...its in relation to Portables.
Let me tell you, the airvape legacy pro isnt even in the top tier of portables, let alone being undisputed king.

Okla68

Everyone here knows the best vaporizer ever is the Zeus Arc GT. Uncontested. I mean look at all the tests from tvape.com.
It already fails as Top when the word CONDUCTION describes how it functions IMO !

Okla68,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
It already fails as Top when the word CONDUCTION describes how it functions IMO !
You probably know this but that was a joke recommendation. That is a notoriously bad vape that is aggressively marketed by an unscrupulous company. They own several shops and review sites that always tend to put their vapes on top of any other. Their reviews are pretty funny if you have any awareness, but it is sad how many people have been duped into a buying their devices.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
You are gonna really have to learn for yourself. Everyone has their own personal favorite, and that usually is the result of their own personal needs being met. We all have different priorities. While I feel like my general favorite is the TM, there are often circumstances where another vape is more suited to the needs of the moment. Sitting on the patio may be different than sitting on a beach, sitting in a car, sitting in my living room or sitting in someone else's living room, or hiding from the family to take a hit at a holiday gathering. I love my VapCaps, for example, and I have nearly a dozen of them, but it is the wrong vape for a few of those scenarios. The last is really only suited for a cart on a battery. In my own living room they are all reasonable options, and I'll add a dab with a torch and a banger. Frankly at home is the only place for that in my experience.

So part of your decision (I know you have already made it but generally) is about deciding where you will use it the most and making some compromises. Personally, for me, the TM is the vape with the fewest compromises necessary. Once you have decided you have $300 to spend...

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
Echoing a lot of other people, I would just use your dyna to vape CBD. It will still perform admirably, so I'm not sure why you think you need a backup for it.

If you just want a backup to try something different that is a thing, but I would personally swing for something like an Xmax v3 pro to experience what full convection is like (dyna's are heavily biased towards conduction). There is some validity to trying a few different styles out to see what you like, but given what you are spending now (assuming Dynavap M + IH + some kind of backup vape) I personally might be inclined to just get one really nice vape at this point, but its your call.

I do generally agree with the sentiment that its wise to start with just a torch with your Dyna. In your case if you find it to be a PITA to use due to arthritis an IH might make a lot of sense. Otherwise IMO they are more of a nice to have than a necessity. A lot of people swear by them, but to me they didn't improve the vapor or make my vapcaps do anything I couldn't already do with a torch. They are just a little more convenient/easier to use (especially outdoors, but again if I'm bringing a dynavap along I personally don't want the weight or risk of damaging an IH). I think as @bossman alluded to a lot of the "YoU mUsT gEt An Ih WiTh YoUr DyNa" you see here and on reddit is just people who bought one with their dyna and have never used it otherwise. Thats cool, just be aware you're paying a rather large premium for that convenience if that is all it is to you.

Last edited:

GoldenBud

IMHO Dynavap is not the real experience. it's cheap, it's durable, it has nice taste but not the best, NOTHING beats hot air devices.
when you heat the Dyna for 10-30 seconds the material gets oxidized and it is not in the same quality level as TM/Herbo/Halo/Tetra/Splinter/Mi/SSV/WS/HI/UD/CouchLog/Volcano etc' not by taste and not by the effects IMHO
100% convection is the real vaporization process, maybe you will prefer the conduction or hybrid (Anvil) in the end of the day, but you got atleast to try one of the vapes I've mentioned .

feralcomprehension

Qualified Observer
Dyna with a single flame torch is the *perfect* intro to vaping; you'll learn everything you need to know. What hot feels/tastes like, how effects vary with temp, how little material is actually required... It's all analog, under full user control, and that will help you figure out what you like without spending all your money first.

fkabravo

Dyna with a single flame torch is the *perfect* intro to vaping; you'll learn everything you need to know. What hot feels/tastes like, how effects vary with temp, how little material is actually required... It's all analog, under full user control, and that will help you figure out what you like without spending all your money first.

I also just ordered a Simrell FMJ to hopefully use on the half bowl setting to get started. I’m all in 135 bucks including an extra couple of lighters, butane refills, and Isopropyl alcohol.

I think this is a great starting point for the money. If I face any limitations, I can then spend the money for a TinyMight or a Firewood 8 in the future.

Echoing a lot of other people, I would just use your dyna to vape CBD. It will still perform admirably, so I'm not sure why you think you need a backup for it.

If you just want a backup to try something different that is a thing, but I would personally swing for something like an Xmax v3 pro to experience what full convection is like (dyna's are heavily biased towards conduction). There is some validity to trying a few different styles out to see what you like, but given what you are spending now (assuming Dynavap M + IH + some kind of backup vape) I personally might be inclined to just get one really nice vape at this point, but its your call.

I do generally agree with the sentiment that its wise to start with just a torch with your Dyna. In your case if you find it to be a PITA to use due to arthritis an IH might make a lot of sense. Otherwise IMO they are more of a nice to have than a necessity. A lot of people swear by them, but to me they didn't improve the vapor or make my vapcaps do anything I couldn't already do with a torch. They are just a little more convenient/easier to use (especially outdoors, but again if I'm bringing a dynavap along I personally don't want the weight or risk of damaging an IH). I think as @bossman alluded to a lot of the "YoU mUsT gEt An Ih WiTh YoUr DyNa" you see here and on reddit is just people who bought one with their dyna and have never used it otherwise. Thats cool, just be aware you're paying a rather large premium for that convenience if that is all it is to you.
Instead of dropping 120+ on an IH, I ordered a Simrell FMJ. I think that’s a better starting point overall, and it’ll be easier to heat up the bowl since I won’t need to spin the Dynavap.

I’m all in w/ the Dynavap starter kit, a couple of extra lighters, butane, cleaning supplies, and the FMJ for only 135ish bucks. I’ve yet to receive any of the products, but I will report back after a few sessions.

GoldenBud

i agree, then if somebody really wants to explore the whole vaporization section he needs dynavap + elev8r
the taste with the elev8r is another level, the phenols never taste better
you get 2 great vapes in less than 1 TM

GoldenBud,
Reactions: fkabravo

Mya Moe guy

i received my FMJ‘s and I have been using it for a couple of days. Just when I finally felt like I had a handle on the using the DV as my daily driver and getting consistent results, the new metal part has its own learning curve. I combusted several times which is something I hadn’t done in a while. I also dropped a flaming hot cap on the floor When it fell off. Fortunately it was in my work shop so no burned flooring. I gave it a pinch as suggested and now it’s staying on snug. The FMJ has change the volume of the click making it harder to hear. i like it so far but I think I’ll just use it on one of my ”M’s”. I also picked up the Simrell condensr upgrade kit & that has cooled down the hits. It also doesn’t fit in my IH so just a single flame torch for me Which is my preference anyway. I will also need to enlarge the opening of my home made wood Dyna stash box to accommodate the larger diameter of the FMJ. Happy with my purchase so far.

fkabravo

Just got my Dynavap in today and smoked a half bowl of some nice Sativa dominant around 19% THC, and damn does it smack. Honestly not too hard using it at first, and I got the ABV to a nice light to mid brown.

Very happy I went with the Dynavap. Thank you all for the recommendations! :tup:

recursive

Can never go wrong with a Tinymight. But you’ll definitely be happy with the Dynavap. I think it’s also good to have 1 butane powered vape and 1 battery powered just to feel the different vape signatures 👍

Berzzerkker

Last year I was looking for both a desktop & portable, but it was a P80 and a Petra, Hanu Labs' updated, looked like a s&b product, for the kitchen, the "new & improved" Evo :cuss:

Ended up with a TM, and since my situation changed, maybe a FW8 or Lamart, or possibly a small log, down the road.

Last edited:
Berzzerkker,
Reactions: bossman
Top Bottom