Firefly 1, 2, 2+

GoldenBud

This is probably going to sound counterintuitive, but I find the technique that works best is to simply breathe the vapour in rather than trying to suck as hard as possible (inhaling gently but deep into your belly). Everthing should be controlled by your lings with your mouth being completely passive.

A useful hack is to try and distract yourself whilst drawing so you aren’t overthinking things - allowimg your length take care of everything naturally. Pressing your lips tight against the body of the FF can also trick you into doing this
But I think that if he got a FF in that price it means that it has a problem /fake, isn't it? :(

GoldenBud,
I figured out how to use it...
....that said...i still think something has got to be wrong with it. I literally have no choice but to take long slow draws. A fast pull off my firefly literally isn't possible.

As far as the TM suggestion, I bought my ALP to counteract my VAS for the TM.

My question was really to see if this impossible airflow was resonating with firefly owners. BTW, its not the mouthpiece, its the airflow from the bowl. Thanks for your quick responses!

GoldenBud

....that said...i still think something has got to be wrong with it. I literally have no choice but to take long slow draws. A fast pull off my firefly literally isn't possible.
if you set the temperature to the highest, and still take slow steady draws, isn't there a lot of vapor from like a bowl of 0.1gr? that's disappointing

GoldenBud,
Its funny...the second day had it...I was so pissed off...
I was hitting it it and badmouthing it in my head "Look how hard and how long I have to draw to get vapor"
*Another hit*
"Look at this mediocre cloud"
*Another hit*
"This is a piece of sh.....wait a minute....we have something here"

I pretty much fell in love with it, while trying to prove to myself that it was trash.

But I'm convinced something is wrong with the airflow. I'm just wonder if I should try again with another 2 or 2+. I can get decent vapor...but it is a chore, i dont see people on YouTube having that issue.

GoldenBud

But I'm convinced something is wrong with the airflow. I'm just wonder if I should try again with another 2 or 2+. I can get decent vapor...but it is a chore, i dont see people on YouTube having that issue.
try uploading pics for us of the device, airflow, etc', you tried to clean with 90%+ IPA/Ethanol?

GoldenBud,
Its 100 percent clean & clear...i took it all the way apart. Took the plate out and left it in alcohol. Punched through the holes and all of that. Warranty be damned, i bought used off ebay, lol.

Judging by the reactions, airflow seems like it's not a problem for you guys. I might try to get another and hope that ones better.

GoldenBud

Its 100 percent clean & clear...i took it all the way apart. Took the plate out and left it in alcohol. Punched through the holes and all of that. Warranty be damned, i bought used off ebay, lol.
you paid with PayPal? you can file a dispute I think, attach a video of operation etc' if it's possible, you will get money

GoldenBud,

condition

Judging by the reactions, airflow seems like it's not a problem for you guys. I might try to get another and hope that ones better.
There is a filter screen hidden in the mouthpiece. Remove it and test the airflow again (if you haven't already)

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
.This is simply NOT POSSIBLE with the one I have. I've taken it apart and cleaned it. Made sure those holes weren't clogged. It's better but I'm thinking it HAS to be a defective unit. I can use it and I can get some good flavor. But the draw restriction is a major problem. I could pull with all my might and a whistle sound would never happen.

I'm wondering if this sounds like a defective device and I should try again with another 2 or 2+. Thanks.
My question was really to see if this impossible airflow was resonating with firefly owners. BTW, its not the mouthpiece, its the airflow from the bowl. Thanks for your quick responses!
I was hitting it it and badmouthing it in my head "Look how hard and how long I have to draw to get vapor"
*Another hit*
*Another hit*

I pretty much fell in love with it, while trying to prove to myself that it was trash.

Well you got a great price, but I presume it was used?? I was lucky enough to get a brand new one for like a hundred, and I can confirm the draw restriction sucks, however it is built to coincide with the heater, so long slow deep inhaling draw is the way to get good clouds here, yes though there can be audible almost whistling noise when you are doing it... From what you are describing it really sounds to me like the airflow in yours is clogged from whoever was using it before? You say you took it apart and fully cleaned it, I didn't even know that was possible with the FF, but perhaps it is not fully possible and there is a part you are missing that is clogged ... It's a shame there is no warranty now because that's what I'd have done if I was experiencing the same...

Also what you describe is true, the appeal of the device, despite its limitations, I hardly use mine, just a novelty every once in a while, I'll hang on to it because it was such a good deal for me and I like the blue color lol

Shit Snacks,

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
*Another hit*
*Another hit*

Definitely sounds like something’s up with the airflow. It should feel restricted, but not that restricted, as others have noted. The thing that creates the restriction is the lid seal. If you don’t feel fairly airy flow with the lid off then something is up with it internally. (I didn’t notice if you tried this or not but I read your posts kinda fast. :))

Definitely sounds like something’s up with the airflow. It should feel restricted, but not that restricted, as others have noted. The thing that creates the restriction is the lid seal. If you don’t feel fairly airy flow with the lid off then something is up with it internally. (I didn’t notice if you tried this or not but I read your posts kinda fast. :))
Yea, I was trying to figure out what was up...i took the lid off and just sucked on the bowl....very very very restricted. Im nearly certain I'm not getting the airflow I should be. If I had airflow this might be my favorite vape.

In its current condition...its probably good for a few hits to get some tasty vapor....and then toss the weed into my crafty plus to actually extract and finish the herb off.

I might take it apart one more time and try it without the rubber gasket immediately under the glass bowl. Maybe ill try to get another used 1 for about a hundred.

jackmode211,
Reactions: mitchgo61

Dr. G

Old Resident
This is probably going to sound counterintuitive, but I find the technique that works best is to simply breathe the vapour in rather than trying to suck as hard as possible (inhaling gently but deep into your belly). Everthing should be controlled by your lings with your mouth being completely passive.

A useful hack is to try and distract yourself whilst drawing so you aren’t overthinking things - allowimg your length take care of everything naturally. Pressing your lips tight against the body of the FF can also trick you into doing this
The early models were a bit more difficult. This was my first vape ever and it does have a learning curve. I can see everyone getting frustrated with this unit at first. But, once you get a hold of it and hear that soft whistle it does when you inhale...it is the best flavor I have had and I pretty much have all of the vapes around that are worthy. ...take your time is what I tell my friends that have one. It is a romance. It is the only vape that I own that I really pay attention when I vape...it forces me to poke it, toke it! I love my Firefly's....truly the best flavor hands down. It is just a little bitch.

Dr. G,
okay. I removed the little rubber or silicone gasket between the restrictor plate and the bowl. Tiny bit more airflow and hitting harder and more consistent. It's finally behaving as advertised.

Anything going to kill me because I removed that circular silicone piece?

Oh! And is it cool to leave the firefly on the dock all the time that its not in use? Or does that degrade the battery? Thanks!

Last edited:
jackmode211,

Dr. G

Old Resident
Hello all. I got a firefly 2 plus off of ebay for 75 bucks and was very excited...

It seems okay but the draw restriction is a monster. I'm watching YouTube videos where people are breathing through it easily, even making it make a whistle sound.

This is simply NOT POSSIBLE with the one I have. I've taken it apart and cleaned it. Made sure those holes weren't clogged. It's better but I'm thinking it HAS to be a defective unit. I can use it and I can get some good flavor. But the draw restriction is a major problem. I could pull with all my might and a whistle sound would never happen.

I'm wondering if this sounds like a defective device and I should try again with another 2 or 2+. Thanks.
...this was my first vape and I had such a problem back then with it...I just did not vape and continued smoking. Until one day. I bought others and saw that it was basically the same shit but, worse. No taste. I went back to the Firefly and saw a video on Youtube that changed my life. I went back to the Firefly and had a friggen session of my life!!!!!!!!! I could not believe also the amount of clouds I was making too. Basically, put your lips gently on the mouth piece and gently breathe in...you will hear that wonderful sound ONLY IF THE LID IS SOLIDLY PLACED ON TOP. If the lid is slightly off you will NOT hear the sound. YOU HAVE TO HEAR that sound...if you do not you have a lid problem. OR I had problems when I did not snap the mouth piece really firmly back. I am just giving you my experience with it. I am a newbie to this all but, I did master my Firefly's...today , I own the red and silver OG...love them. I own a Firefly 2, and a Firefly 2 Plus...I use them everyday. Please give it another try. I wish you could try mine! Good luck....

...this was my first vape and I had such a problem back then with it...I just did not vape and continued smoking. Until one day. I bought others and saw that it was basically the same shit but, worse. No taste. I went back to the Firefly and saw a video on Youtube that changed my life. I went back to the Firefly and had a friggen session of my life!!!!!!!!! I could not believe also the amount of clouds I was making too. Basically, put your lips gently on the mouth piece and gently breathe in...you will hear that wonderful sound ONLY IF THE LID IS SOLIDLY PLACED ON TOP. If the lid is slightly off you will NOT hear the sound. YOU HAVE TO HEAR that sound...if you do not you have a lid problem. OR I had problems when I did not snap the mouth piece really firmly back. I am just giving you my experience with it. I am a newbie to this all but, I did master my Firefly's...today , I own the red and silver OG...love them. I own a Firefly 2, and a Firefly 2 Plus...I use them everyday. Please give it another try. I wish you could try mine! Good luck....
I bought it off ebay with a whole bundle...2 lids, 2 battery covers, a case, and an extra battery with an external charger... I've used both lids, its definitely not a lid issue. Unless I'm super unlucky and have two bad lids.

There isn't enough air passing through the device to make a sound. Ive tried blowing INTO the device with all my might, a whistle isn't possible.

I've dissasembled it, and cleaned it. I even took a silicone/rubber gasket out from beneath the bowl. Ive removed the screen from the mouthpiece...and now its somewhat usable without giving myself a headache from drawing so hard. It's like trying to drink Boba tea and the straw gets clogged. There's no way its what the user is expected to experience.

I bought a tafee bowle from the classified section so I wouldn't have to stress about it anymore...

I may try to buy another used firefly at some point, as i'm 90 percent sure mine is defective. The flavor is great from my firefly, its enjoyable once I've recovered from my lungs damn near collapsing and sucking my fillings outta my teeth.

Dr. G

Old Resident
I bought it off ebay with a whole bundle...2 lids, 2 battery covers, a case, and an extra battery with an external charger... I've used both lids, its definitely not a lid issue. Unless I'm super unlucky and have two bad lids.

There isn't enough air passing through the device to make a sound. Ive tried blowing INTO the device with all my might, a whistle isn't possible.

I've dissasembled it, and cleaned it. I even took a silicone/rubber gasket out from beneath the bowl. Ive removed the screen from the mouthpiece...and now its somewhat usable without giving myself a headache from drawing so hard. It's like trying to drink Boba tea and the straw gets clogged. There's no way its what the user is expected to experience.

I bought a tafee bowle from the classified section so I wouldn't have to stress about it anymore...

I may try to buy another used firefly at some point, as i'm 90 percent sure mine is defective. The flavor is great from my firefly, its enjoyable once I've recovered from my lungs damn near collapsing and sucking my fillings outta my teeth.
What an awful experience...jeez that sucks. I am sorry to hear that. It must be you have one that is defective. But, just so you know that the least and most subtle sip is what is required with the Firefly for future reference. Please get another one...this place called Planet of the Vapes has them for a very nice price. You have a Tafee Bowle now...you are lucky! Enjoy....cheers. Sometimes you get a vape that just sucks...mine was the Legacy Pro...everyone brags about it....for me, it is worthless. Go figure....

PS I am new to all of this. You have lots more experience...so, my advice to you on the Firefly you already know. Stay well.

What an awful experience...jeez that sucks. I am sorry to hear that. It must be you have one that is defective. But, just so you know that the least and most subtle sip is what is required with the Firefly for future reference. Please get another one...this place called Planet of the Vapes has them for a very nice price. You have a Tafee Bowle now...you are lucky! Enjoy....cheers. Sometimes you get a vape that just sucks...mine was the Legacy Pro...everyone brags about it....for me, it is worthless. Go figure....

PS I am new to all of this. You have lots more experience...so, my advice to you on the Firefly you already know. Stay well.
I am sorry to hear about your Legacy Pro....Mine kicks ass! The thing absolutely rips...Doesn't quite have the flavor of a firefly but the extraction is top notch..

I guess you're right, sometimes its hit or miss.

I'm still gonna use my bootleg firefly occasionally, the flavor is great. I'm just disappointed because I could see it being my favorite, if it worked the way I see everyone else's work on Youtube.

jackmode211,
Reactions: Dr. G

Dr. G

Old Resident
I am sorry to hear about your Legacy Pro....Mine kicks ass! The thing absolutely rips...Doesn't quite have the flavor of a firefly but the extraction is top notch..

I guess you're right, sometimes its hit or miss.

I'm still gonna use my bootleg firefly occasionally, the flavor is great. I'm just disappointed because I could see it being my favorite, if it worked the way I see everyone else's work on Youtube.
Are you serious...well, I really wanted to love mine. I tried and tried and even got the green Legacy...but, I could not get into it. I gave them away so, they are being used. When I get my Angus...I will consider getting another Legacy...I will wait for a good sale. I hope that you can feel the Firefly soon...anyway, nice chatting. Stay well.

Dr. G

Old Resident
20% OFF
SITEWIDE

A nice sale on the Firefly official site....

I also gave the Airvape Legacy Pro another go and I feel completely opposite of what I use to feel. I love my Fireflies!!!

I love my Pro too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

Let's see they do not have the case in stock! Ok. :(

EZ Wind

Lost Sailor
Hey folks - I'm having an issue with my FF2+ -- when I engage the side buttons the LED immediately goes solid red and the oven doesn't heat up. Same results with different batteries in different states of charge. Tested the batteries in a friend's FF2+ so I know they are good. Any ideas what could be wrong here? I have not yet contacted Firefly in case it's something user fixable...

Dr. G

Old Resident
Hey folks - I'm having an issue with my FF2+ -- when I engage the side buttons the LED immediately goes solid red and the oven doesn't heat up. Same results with different batteries in different states of charge. Tested the batteries in a friend's FF2+ so I know they are good. Any ideas what could be wrong here? I have not yet contacted Firefly in case it's something user fixable...
I am a Firefly user for years. The only time that ever happened to me was because the battery was dead. So, if you know your batteries are not dead then, I would contact Firefly. Does anyone else know what could be happening? I hope you get it fixed!!!

Dr. G,
Reactions: EZ Wind

Knewt

I am a Firefly user for years. The only time that ever happened to me was because the battery was dead. So, if you know your batteries are not dead then, I would contact Firefly. Does anyone else know what could be happening? I hope you get it fixed!!!
It could be dirty contacts on the Firefly, but the contacts look like they would be difficult to clean.

Silveradio

The only time that I notice a solid red on my unit and not heat up is when the FF2+ has overheated…I let it cool down for a bit then all is well…but it sounds like something maybe different in your unit

Silveradio,
Reactions: EZ Wind

Dr. G

Old Resident
I was busy posting here on this thread in the past...lots has changed since then. My opinions have changed because now fortunately I have most of the vapes on the market and can have an honest opinion for myself. The Firefly when it first came out was very innovative and attractive when it first came out. I just do not enjoy the difficultly of the air flow and lack of stir stick which of any vapes around this one would have to require one. They never improved it. For years...the same model. Sad. Then, I discovered the Airvape Legacy Pro and other vapes that have equal or surpassed in flavor. I did finally get a silver and red OG models...still looking for a black one just to complete my collection of the Firefly...which I loved at one time.

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
The Firefly when it first came out was very innovative and attractive when it first came out. I just do not enjoy the difficultly of the air flow and lack of stir stick which of any vapes around this one would have to require one. They never improved it. For years...the same model. Sad. Then, I discovered the Airvape Legacy Pro and other vapes that have equal or surpassed in flavor. I did finally get a silver and red OG models...still looking for a black one just to complete my collection of the Firefly...which I loved at one time.

Same here Dr. ...thanks for posting this... I'll be warming up my OG Red for a session tonight (thanks as always to @Jill NYC ❤), in remenberace of the great vape Firefly was and the innovations we had hoped to see ...

firefly.jpg

Top Bottom