Firefly 1, 2, 2+

Peace_man

could you pls paste the amazon link to the dome here. Since I do live in Germany Amazon is most convenient

Peace_man,

Pukka

could you pls paste the amazon link to the dome here. Since I do live in Germany Amazon is most convenient
Try "Stanker 0.5 inch stainless" or "stainless steel screen filters 1/2 inch mesh bowl" (without the qoutation marks of course)

Pukka,

Dr. G

Old Resident
Does anyone know if the mouthpiece can be changed with anything else? I would prefer it being glass...or ceramic. That is a fault I have discovered. And the pick...Come on Firefly...make me happier.

Dr. G,

Dr. G

Old Resident
My Airier baskets come today, cannot wait!!! I like baskets/pods becuase it makes keeping the devices so much cleaner (that's just really important to me) and really the only thing missing on my FF2+). So this sounds really promising :-)
I realize that it needs a different mouth piece. It should be glass. It should have a stir pick too. I love my FF2+

oops double post. I dont know how to delete. Sorry.

Dr. G,

Dayseed

A ceramic zirconia mouthpiece would be nice, but it's mostly a haptic/aesthetic preference. I don't think there's any significant practical benefit of glass or ceramic over plastic.

Dayseed,
Reactions: Dr. G

Dayseed

Better is always relative. Glass might add a minimal amount of cooling, feel nicer and be more hygienic. However it's more likely to break and would be difficult to accommodate with the current mouthpiece design/interface.

Dayseed,

Dr. G

Old Resident
Better is always relative. Glass might add a minimal amount of cooling, feel nicer and be more hygienic. However it's more likely to break and would be difficult to accommodate with the current mouthpiece design/interface.
Maybe a mouthpiece like the Legacy Pro...?

Dr. G,
Reactions: Flow

Dr. G

Old Resident
I realize the post above is mine...double post? Anyway, my first vape was the Firefly...and thousands of dollars later I come to realize that the FLAVOR that the Firefly produces NONE of the vapes I have...produce the same fabulous taste. HANDS DOWN the BEST taste around...cannot fight this fact. I was in the car today and I brought out my Firefly. I was in heaven...there is nothing like a slow inhale on a Firefly...damn its so good. The easiest of my vapes to load and clean too. Classy looking....damn Firefly where is the stir tool?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I realize the post above is mine...double post? Anyway, my first vape was the Firefly...and thousands of dollars later I come to realize that the FLAVOR that the Firefly produces NONE of the vapes I have...produce the same fabulous taste. HANDS DOWN the BEST taste around...cannot fight this fact. I was in the car today and I brought out my Firefly. I was in heaven...there is nothing like a slow inhale on a Firefly...damn its so good. The easiest of my vapes to load and clean too. Classy looking....damn Firefly where is the stir tool?

Haha yeah it's okay to back to back post if it is past the edit window, my FF2+ really can milk the terps with the low temp settings and a long slow draw, but need nice chunky herbs with plenty of moisture... I will take it out again when I get a nice strain, but most of it will be consumed through the TM2 :tup:

Dr. G

Old Resident
Haha yeah it's okay to back to back post if it is past the edit window, my FF2+ really can milk the terps with the low temp settings and a long slow draw, but need nice chunky herbs with plenty of moisture... I will take it out again when I get a nice strain, but most of it will be consumed through the TM2 :tup:
TM2, all of my S&B, and my Firefly's...rule my world...TM2 couldn't have gotten any fucking better. That thing just rocks....that is my stay at home jewel with my beautiful long stems and little color pills floating and its all so fantastical!!!!!!!!! Jam some Northern Lights in them and see ya later...no pain. Oh hey Firefly! TM 2 got a stir stick that illuminates...its a shame that you don't have one too!

Shit Snacks

Yeah I had a metal collar stay with my original Firefly that would magnetize perfectly onto the lid so I could have an easy tool to flip the load every couple hits

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Dr. G
The FF2+ was my first real vape and I agree about the taste (except when it actually combusted a few times). Also got better extraction (meaning darker ABV) with it than most others.

The only thing that made me tire of it was having to take the cover off to stir the bowl several times during a session. This eventually led to the gasket coming loose. Gave it to my son after I dropped it and put a small crack in the glass.

As far as both taste and extraction, the closest I have come is the POTV One which is my current goto vape. The taste is almost as good as the FF and the extraction about the same (without stirring). Also has better electronics - like a screen that shows the temperature.

Worse for taste: PAX 3 (metallic)
Worse for extraction: Arizer EQ

Shit Snacks

As far as both taste and extraction, the closest I have come is the POTV One which is my current goto vape. The taste is almost as good as the FF

This shocks me haha I find my fury edge basically unusable because of the lack of pure flavor and I can't imagine the One would be any different, tastes are so subjective!

This shocks me haha I find my fury edge basically unusable because of the lack of pure flavor and I can't imagine the One would be any different, tastes are so subjective!
The POTV one has a titanium bowl and I see the edge is something called Kirksite, whatever that is, so that might explain the difference.

The FF2 was "Borosilicate glass". Airizer EQ was pure glass and the flavor was great but never had much luck with extraction.

Shit Snacks

The POTV one has a titanium bowl and I see the edge is something called Kirksite, whatever that is, so that might explain the difference.

We're getting off topic, but you're actually talking about the body of the Edge, the bowl is supposed to be stainless steel... I don't see why titanium would make any difference in that regard... But where the off flavors come from is whatever else is in the build, likely the silicone or something else inside?

The FF2 was "Borosilicate glass". Airizer EQ was pure glass and the flavor was great but never had much luck with extraction.

You're kind of missing something here, FF2 has metal as well, and the actual heating element is nichrome wire, EQ also has more going on than just pure glass... A lot of these electronic type vapes have a lot more going on inside than one may realize at first glance

Shit Snacks,

XpeeN

The only "real vapes", aka non 510 DIYS, are FF2 and glow 18. While I predicted that the glow wouldn't produce as good flavor as the ff2, I actually like my glow's favors better (I don't taste any wood btw). Maybe it's the lack of a metal bowl.

XpeeN,

Modicum

Someone said the FF2+ should come with a stirring stick. Buy a magnetic collar stay , they're the things you insert into a shirt collar to keep it straight. They cost around $7-$8 ea. and they are perfect. It attaches to the lid , u can't loose them. I have a pair that I bought for my FF OG 2012
and they still stir & stick on the FF2+.

Shit Snacks

Someone said the FF2+ should come with a stirring stick. Buy a magnetic collar stay , they're the things you insert into a shirt collar to keep it straight. They cost around $7-$8 ea. and they are perfect. It attaches to the lid , u can't loose them. I have a pair that I bought for my FF OG 2012
and they still stir & stick on the FF2+.

Did you see my post mentioning it above yesterday?? I posted photos of my OG with it way back when but I think the image links are dead now, they do stick on the newer lids too but not quite as well or evenly I found

Modicum

Did you see my post mentioning it above yesterday?? I posted photos of my OG with it way back when but I think the image links are dead now, they do stick on the newer lids too but not quite as well or evenly I found
Hey S.S. I did after the posting. You are 1 of a handful of people left from my rookie days at FC that I sought advice from. Probably originally got it from you and 'till this day a helpful hack.

Hello all. I got a firefly 2 plus off of ebay for 75 bucks and was very excited...

It seems okay but the draw restriction is a monster. I'm watching YouTube videos where people are breathing through it easily, even making it make a whistle sound.

This is simply NOT POSSIBLE with the one I have. I've taken it apart and cleaned it. Made sure those holes weren't clogged. It's better but I'm thinking it HAS to be a defective unit. I can use it and I can get some good flavor. But the draw restriction is a major problem. I could pull with all my might and a whistle sound would never happen.

I'm wondering if this sounds like a defective device and I should try again with another 2 or 2+. Thanks.

Dayseed

Hello all. I got a firefly 2 plus off of ebay for 75 bucks and was very excited...

It seems okay but the draw restriction is a monster. I'm watching YouTube videos where people are breathing through it easily, even making it make a whistle sound.

This is simply NOT POSSIBLE with the one I have. I've taken it apart and cleaned it. Made sure those holes weren't clogged. It's better but I'm thinking it HAS to be a defective unit. I can use it and I can get some good flavor. But the draw restriction is a major problem. I could pull with all my might and a whistle sound would never happen.

I'm wondering if this sounds like a defective device and I should try again with another 2 or 2+. Thanks.
This is probably going to sound counterintuitive, but I find the technique that works best is to simply breathe the vapour in rather than trying to suck as hard as possible (inhaling gently but deep into your belly). Everthing should be controlled by your lings with your mouth being completely passive.

A useful hack is to try and distract yourself whilst drawing so you aren’t overthinking things - allowimg your length take care of everything naturally. Pressing your lips tight against the body of the FF can also trick you into doing this

Top Bottom