Filters for pipes, vape pens and joints/cones?

joupotu

'K, I got the filters yesterday, finally. Here it took a month for fraktal and 2 weeks for me
and he says delivery is fast cuz he's in Europe. or somewhere, and I'm in USA, and i say
2 weeks is too long, but i got mine 2 weeks sooner than he did.

Anyway, I graded them at about B to B+. It comes as the picture on their site shows them;
one box with two each holders, with 4 extra filters and each holder with one filter. When I
first ordered, it shows two but doesn't say you get two, so I though to order a second box
so I'd have two, but took a chance and turned out to be right, and got two in one order.
But I had no way of knowing until i got my order in the mail, finally.

Then I ordered a box of charcoal filters (10 ea) and box of corn filters (also 10 ea). I tried the
filter that was already inside the holder and they don't say which is charcoal and which is
corn on the filter itself (they're small), but the box they come in does delineate.

My first try of the filters was using a disposable vape pen as follows:
Pineapple Express [1000mg], Northwest Concentrates, Full Spectrum Disposable $45.00,
THC: 88.29% | CBD: 0.2% | Total THC: 88.29%

The pen, w/o a filter made us cough, gag and puke (CGP). With the filter it minimized the CGP, however,
I did cough, as did my wife, even more so. The taste was great. I've read several posters who'll testify that
vapes offer a better terp profile when consumed, and now my wife and i understand what they
mean. She took too large a hit and liked to die. She said it tasted so good that she didn't think
it'd make her cough, but it did. Yup, tasted great, high was as expected, so it's all good. Like
Fraktal says "It also seems crazy to me to order it’s filters", and I agree. So basically this review
tests the cost–benefit analysis of buying this product and it's filters. If it's worth it, then it is wot
it is, lalalalaa. I'm not sure yet. I will test with a joint tonight, and report back.

Instructions were minimal, or incomplete, but obviously it's self-explanatory. The holder has a
large opening into which i inserted the pen' mouth piece, but if you use a joint or smaller pipe,
you use the opposite end of the silicone cigarette holder. The NW Concentrates vape pen has to
be forcibly inserted into the silicone holder, but it was all good. Again, tonight we'll test whether
or not a joint I rolled fits into the other, smaller end. The box the filters come in has a pic of a pen
very similar to mine, flat, not round on the large end, and a cone to be inserted in the smaller end.
However, I will be inserting a hand rolled joint, so, it might make a good enough seal because it's
flat. I might be able to shim it with an extra silicone piece i have from a different disposable pen.
The person who posted about it, influencing me to buy it, had all kindsa shims he had tried, with pix
he shows using an old wooden cigar tip he had carved, and then using a BiC ink pen cap that he carved.
I dunno about toking thru plastic. Silicone is a fairly neutral chemistry, so less likely to impart fumes from
something like polyethylene might out-gas and be thus inhaled. No TY.

Did it do the job of reducing coughing and that harsh taste of 88.29% THC? It did, probably reduced
harshness by close to 50%. The jury's still out on that for now. I hope it'll work, cuz I have 800 hits of
vape in these two pens, and I don't think i'd be able to do them w/o the filters. And with the filters,
i have hope of being able to consume my expensive concentrates. BTW the other vape I have is blue dream.

Finally, how many hits will one filter provide? If a joint or combustion, not as many as if vaped. I think
I saw where their site says like 7-10 hits of combustion (fuck that, eh?), and like 30 hits off of a vape. But
information here is incomplete, so do not quote me on this. So, i will continue and post more when I
know more. I kinda don't think I'll buy anymore filters, but it's early yet. Huge review for a freakin' filter, sheesh.

I look forward to a happy result from you, too, fraktal. More to come...happy filtered, non-combustion. :science:

Last edited:
joupotu,
  • Love
Reactions: fraktal

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
The pen, w/o a filter made us cough, gag and puke (CGP).
This vape pen made both of you puke? I have never heard of that kind of thing ever.

I don't think cannabis is for you. This is a wildly extreme reaction. If this happened to anyone I knew I would report the company to the LCB.

Grass Yes,
Reactions: Ramahs

fraktal

I just tested these mini filters and they are amazing, they bring an undeniable sweetness although I note a slight loss of flavor but it remains very correct.
When I vaporize hash with my SS or Ti ballvaps it completely changes the game, the vapor becomes extremely smooth and impossible to cough, I would not use them with zirc or quartz ballvaps cause it’s already smooth.
I meanly use the CC glass bubbler (Vertex, Protégé and soon Dante) and these filters fit perfectly to the mouthpiece.
Really happy with my purchase and I conclude that is the same for you @joupotu

fraktal,
Reactions: joupotu

joupotu

cannibinolsI'm kinda with ya, fraktal. But as I report above it did cause CGP on the Pineapple Express vape,
however much less than without the filter, which I think was a charcoal filter. Charcoal
filters are a tad bit darker than the corn filters are. For some reason corn filters are $7.49,
or $0.50 more than charcoals. Hellifino.

Last night i tried it w/a nice joint i rolled of Gary Payton. I couldn't taste anything, and did
not feel as tho i was getting a good hit. Was there no draw? I dunno, so I reefed on that
J and smoked that joint down to roach size faster than any joint i ever smoked. Hot boxed
the heck out of it. Got high, tasted very little, and didn't feel like had any smoke out of it
until the last couple pulls. So, it'll sure consume a joint in a hurry. But I got this rig to be able
to smoke up the 800 hits that the vape pens offer. W/o the filter I don't know how pleasant
those vapes would be on the throat.

Jury's still out for my trial. I'll have to continue "testing" heh heh. I'll be back next to review the corn filters.
It is 88% THC I think anyone would want to cough and puke if not prepared for that.

DrJynx86

Why do you say that high THC content would be harsh? I am just starting to find out that
higher THC might be harsh. Thing is high THC isn't the only thing that affects the effects.
The entourage effect, terp profile CBG, CBD, CBN, etc., and other cannibinols and trichomes
also have an effect, don't they? I've been at this stuff since 1968, and I have gotten higher
than hell with nothing but smooth tasting, non-harsh smoke. But not since legalization
and dispensaries. I have not found a good high, smooth, non-harsh product in 7 years at
those stores.

I'm prepared for it. The smoke from dispos has pretty much always been gaggy, not to
mention pretty much a blah high. This last batch from the store has all been pretty good
I must say. And after 7 years, it has been the best assortment of smoke products that I have
purchased. Except for the two vape pens, the products I bought have been gone from that store since.
And the store does not have the Pineapple Express vape item, but still does have the blue dream.

DrJynx86

I would say just puff a little and then inhale fresh air, make a lower % of THC enter your lungs and you will be fine, instead of vaping a huge cloud at once.

DrJynx86,
Reactions: joupotu

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
So, what do you think the filter is capturing, after the vapour has been through an ash catcher and a WP, if it's not resin (actives) what is it?

Cheebsy,

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I prefer resin (actives ?) in the filter than in my lungs.

I don't get it. Resin is the oils from the plant, which is he part that you WANT in your lungs to get high. The whole point of both smoking and vaporizing is to get those resins from the plant into your lungs. It's just that vaporizing delivers more of the resins and less of the plant matter and combustion byproducts like carcinogenic particles created by the combustion process.

joupotu

Sorry, I've not been posting any updates on either the filters (bah) or the disposable vape pens (also bah-ish).

I haven't used those filters since last posting here in Aug/Sep. The other day I finally archived them to drop into
a box in the garage with all the other bogus paraphernalia i've copped in the past few years. But back to the
800 hits (2 ea) worth of vape pens I have that I can smoke, but just light, teeny little hits, and it still makes back of my
throat feel like I gargled with Everclear 95% alcohol. I probably mentioned (or maybe not) that I bought an
inhaler, Blue Dream pheno, and it seared the back of my throat for like 15 minutes after 2 or 3 hits.

DAMMIT!
Is there no smooth tasting stuff that gets you high? My wife's got COPD and some nights is incapable of smoking,
so I got some edibles (that i've tried in the past that do not provide any psychoactive high at all). I have tried to
talk her into trying an edible, but she persistently declines, saying she doesn't want to be high for hours upon hours.
But maybe, just maybe, it'd work for her, even tho it does not for me.

So to conclude, the filters are as worthless to me as they are to some other posters here. And I've archived them. :(

Can I say Merry Christmas, or will that cause some kind of religio/poltical uproar?
Fuck it, MC/HNY. :bigleaf:

joupotu

It is 88% THC I think anyone would want to cough and puke if not prepared for that.
Kinda late on the reply to this, but can u recommend a tolerable, yet effective %-age that won't gag me like a maggot?

joupotu,
Top Bottom