'Fess up. Do you clean after each use?

narrowsparrow

As on official member of the OCD Club of the United States (:D), I like to run a clean machine. Regardless of which vape I use, I clean it every time I use it. I was never in the Boy Scouts, but I do like to be prepared. If someone comes by to visit me, would I serve them food with dirty silverware? Or on dirty plates? Same principle.

Plus, I think I am a frustrated chemist, and I love playing with my toys. It's sort of a hobby... All thse cool little cleaning tools, glass containers full of alcohol, etc. I am easily amused.

woolspinner

As on official member of the OCD Club of the United States (:D), I like to run a clean machine. Regardless of which vape I use, I clean it every time I use it. I was never in the Boy Scouts, but I do like to be prepared. If someone comes by to visit me, would I serve them food with dirty silverware? Or on dirty plates? Same principle.

Plus, I think I am a frustrated chemist, and I love playing with my toys. It's sort of a hobby... All thse cool little cleaning tools, glass containers full of alcohol, etc. I am easily amused.

Not every use, but about every other day. I love cleaning glass. So satisfying.

But do not ask to see my bathroom...

narrowsparrow

Well, I'll just have to check that out now...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OK, I can't find it. How 'bout a clue?

Last edited:

Derrrpp

For the world is hollow and I have touched the sky
I don't clean after every session. I let the reclaim accumulate in my Solo stems so I can vape it later. Only after I've reclaimed all the oil out of them do I clean thoroughly with iso. And my VG Classic is kind of a PITA to clean so it only gets cleaned once in a while.

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Nope, no regular cleaning day either.

Only when necessary:

Solo = Stem gets an ISO soak overnight in a baggie, shake in the morning and it's clean. Oven gets dry swab with QTip before each session, but I don't count that as cleaning. Oven gets ISO QTip swab very very rarely. Utilizing another member's advice of taking first hit "hamster style" upside down and removing the stem at session end upside down as well keeps the oven clean.

EQ = Wand gets same treatment as Solo Stem above, only when necessary.

Herbie Oven = Same ISO soak when necessary.. (surprise surprise). Screen swap when necessary.

Whips = replaced, not cleaned. (However, fully milked for reclaim DDave style... get most, no ISO required).... Curious, I use a rolling pin and roll the sucker clean...

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker

Curious--rolling pin to roll the sucker clean.... ????
Tell us more
Absolutely.

I take all end pieces off the whip (mouthpieces, etc) so that it's only the flexible whip tubing itself.
Have each end on a square of aluminum foil.
From the middle of the whip, I use the rolling pin and roll to one end of the whip tubing using the majority of my weight. I end up with a nice glob of reclaim and a pretty clean 1/2 a whip tube.

Then starting from a clean middle portion of the whip tubing, I roll again the other direction.
Same result. Another nice glob of reclaim on the other square of aluminum foil.

Just be careful when you reach the end of the whip tubing, finish each end really slowly, so you don't end up rolling the rolling pin over the glob of reclaim. A wooden toothpick makes a nice ending scoop to catch any left in the end of the tubing, so you can avoid losing it to your rolling pin.

Easy and I can reuse the whip a few times before I actually toss it.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Of my vapes, my Firefly needs to be cleaned the most often by far. But not every time. Once a week, but it's dirty at the end of the week.

The other 3 can go weeks without cleaning.

I clean my glass every two weeks or so. I found that iso and salt does the best job over oxyclean.

herbivore21

Every piece I own is cleaned every day (sometimes more than once per day), with iso only until spotless.

My dabbers are cleaned many times per day with iso, and I clean my SiC nail 2-3 times per day with iso and torch.

I clean my d-nail flower adapter every use with iso but can never be fucked cleaning my Mighty so thoroughly. I don't use the Mighty except when out and about and I don't use flowers much in general lol

I used to clean my vapman after every use, but I haven't used it in forever! lol

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Every three days I clean my Nano stem. I clean my Solo and Air stems as needed. Here is how I clean my stems. I give the container a few shakes and soak for a day or two then I rinse with very hot water then it's good to go. The FC lazy vaporist way to do it, no work envolved. I reuse the ISO over and over again. I have it set in the window just to take the pic. I store in a dark corner or cupboard.

Last edited:

Tommy10

No fucking way on earth I could! But it does sounds like it would be therapeutic and fun!

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Eventually, do you reclaim the goodies from the ISO? How?
Yes I have reclaimed the goodies but it's not that tasty.:ugh: Maybe it would be better to use different alcohol. I should try that. I did dry it off a long time so all the ISO should have been gone.

Edit
I notice if the stems and unis are kept clean, the vapor tastes better and cleaner too.

Last edited:

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.

Pretty sure their is enough OCD behavior here to start our own FC chapter. :D I do try to find that happy medium between keeping my equipment clean, but not overtaxing my equipment.:doh:

Like @CarolKing's method of reusing the ISO and reclaiming over several cleanings instead of my ritual with the EQ. Might come up with something similar to that method with my vapes.

Guess I'm officially FC-OCD, because I practiced using my rolling pin on my whip hose like @DDave mentioned. But my whip hose isn't even that dirty yet.

Zip ties also seem to work as a cheap scraping tool. If I form a loop, and twist it like a pipe cleaner it works pretty well on my more narrow glass pieces and other tight areas. There is more of a squared off edge that seems to work much like a paint scraper and unlike, say a brush.

virtualpurple

I try to clean most of my pieces after about every other use. I used to let my glass pieces go a few weeks between cleanings but I'm finding it way better if I give them a decent cleaning every few days.

Top Bottom