Feedback on Choosing my Next Vape

Status
Not open for further replies.

shortwind

Hi. I'm a newbie here. I'm from CA (voted yes on 19 by mail) and currently own a vapor genie and an Iolite. I seldom use the Vapor Genie as it is rather tedious to use and the Iolite works quite nicely (though there was a learning curve and sometimes you have to "baby" it to work). I usually vape close to bedtime (I have severe insomnia ). I would like to have one more portable vape (I sometimes vape earlier in the evening to relax me even more to sleep better later and don't feel like emptying, cleaning, etc. the iolite again. Can ruin the relaxation I am seeking.) Bottom line, I figure if I have two portable vapes, can have them both loaded and ready to go. I clean, refresh my iolite the next day.
Anyhow, I have narrowed down my search to the Pocket Vape VP-600 or the Magic Flight Launch Box.
I would appreciate feedback on the pros and cons of each these vapes. Also, how do they stack up to the Iolite? One thing I like about the Iolite is, once it's going, I can use it for about an hour.
Oh, ease of cleaning is important to me as well as potency of each toke (for lack of better term). On a fixed income, so stretching my dispensary dollars is important in how much herb I need to use to achieve my goals.
Thanks!:)

shortwind,

Skunkypete

Escape Artist
The VP-600 sucks. It's a crappy plastic vape. There's is a thread in the vapor discussion forum for it with some people who bit the bullet and bought it. I can think of no redeeming quality for it. The MFLB you can't really go wrong with. If you are a light user I think it'll get you were you want. Even if you have a high tolerance it can still kick your ass, you'll just need more batteries ;)

What kind of vaporgenie do you have? I'm surprised it doesn't do it for you. I love my glass genie and to a lesser extent the alu one. I do use a toch lighter though. I didn't think the candle flame lighter worked as well.

Skunkypete,

stinkmeaner

I am glad for your sake that you found this board before you bought that VP-600 crap. People like the Magic Flight Launch Box around here so it would be a good choice.

Here are some others that are efficient and under $200
*Myrtlzap
*Woodeez
*Purple Days
*Supreme Vaporizer
*The Lotus vaporizer also looks promising but is quite new.

Inquiring minds want to know, what made you narrow down to the VP-600?

stinkmeaner,

SmokingElectricity

I have the vp600 and it is not plastic. one of the better cheepo vapes. one of the main reasons i bought it was because it blends in with electronics so well. next to my pc. i usually keep it on top of my guitar stack. nobody would have a clue what it is unless they had one. it's not even close to the best vape out there, but for the 70 bucks i paid, i was not disappointed. watch my youtube review i did on it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEpTKNo-a-o
img20101027020403.jpg

SmokingElectricity,

shortwind

Hi Skunkpete and Stinkmeaner:

Thanks for your swift replies! Re: the Vapor Genie. I have a wooden model. Bascially, I have to load and reload it over and over again with tiny amounts of herb, of which only some vapes and some stays green. Yes, I use a torch lighter. It is very inefficient...IMO. I am somewhat clumsy, so the getting the right flame height, etc., does not come easy for me. The Iolite does all the hard work...I just have to inhale it!
Re: Pocket Vape. I have read about it/seen ads at various websites and also seen it at a local cannabis convention event. I also first saw the Magic Flight at the same event. I have been leaning towards the Magic Flight, at the moment.
Again, thanks for your opinions!

shortwind,

stinkmeaner

@ SmokingElectricity he is referring to the Pocket Vapor VP-600 not he desktop unit, for some strange reason there are 2 models from different companies that decided to designate their vaporizers with the VP-600 name. Out of all the number and letter combination possibilities I cant imagine why.

@shortwind *Do check out Youtube by searching for the different vaporizer models, this way you can see the function and most of all, vapor production.

stinkmeaner,

SmokingElectricity

i agree though you are well worth spending just a little bit more and getting a serious vape like DBV or SSV. i only use my DBV anymore. i have never tried a MFLB, but heard many good things about it.

SmokingElectricity,

SmokingElectricity

stinkmeaner said:
@ SmokingElectricity he is referring to the Pocket Vapor VP-600 not he desktop unit, for some strange reason there are 2 models from different companies that decided to designate their vaporizers with the VP-600 name. Out of all the number and letter combination possibilities I cant imagine why.

i see now. red eyes are playing tricks on me...

Mod note: Please edit your post with the edit button, for adding info, instead of making back to back posts.

SmokingElectricity,

stinkmeaner

Shortwind, to you spend most of your time vaping at home or on the go?
Because if you vape at home then you might want to consider a home model or a home/portable combo.

stinkmeaner,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Since shortwind specifically said he wanted a second portable, I'm not about to second-guess the requirement. I've never used a Pocket Vape, partly because when I was looking for portables I concluded it was not in the same league as the LB. I am a big LB fan and that would be my recommendation.

Unlike the Iolite the LB doesn't need to "get going", you simply push in the battery when you want a hit and three or four seconds later, you've got vapor. It is also quite easy to keep clean, since there is almost nowhere for the vapor to condense. Eventually a layer of honey collects under the screen, but it does not affect performance or appearance. All you really need to do with the LB is brush it out between loads. I've also found it to be quite efficient in stretching out my stash. Just remember to grind fine and shake between hits.

pakalolo,

Hammerzeit

I'm gonna back the LB. Just make sure you got fresh batteries before use. :p

Is the DBV still within his price range?

Hammerzeit,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
If you are set on getting another portable, I have to give the LB a vote too. I have had mine for about 8 months now and am very happy with it. I don't use it as often as my home units, but will use it daily as a "nightcap" in bed. It has a learning curve, but all vapes do. The batteries have never been an issue to me. I have 8 and only one of those is starting to fail. I really think you can get away with 4. It is an efficient little vape and very stealthy. Magic Flight is also working on a power adaptor that will be available to fc members for when you can "plug in" to save on the batteries. With a lifetime warranty, I don't see how you can go wrong.

momofthegoons,

shortwind

Thanks everyone for all your feedback. Looks like a Launch Box may be in my future. Oh, by the way Pakalolo, I am a she :) ! And yes, I just prefer a smaller, portable vape. I do have another large non-brand vape (box with whip) that I got initially over a year ago, but it is a major production to use with a long long long time to reach the correct temp and other issues. I just keep it on hand as an emergency spare, but haven't used it since I got the Iolite about a year ago. By the way, I am a severe asthmatic who experiences very strong negative effects from secondhand smoke. I was never a tobacco smoker, but before my adult-onset asthma developed I did some recreational herbal smoking. So, I haven't smoked anything for many, many years. I was initially unsure if vaping would be problematic, so didn't want to spend too much money and find out it was harmful to me. Luckily, it does NOT hurt my lungs...and at times the medication even has a mild helpful effect on them. So I am a big fan of vaping.
Anyhow, thanks!
Shortwind

shortwind,

max

Out to lunch
Oh, by the way Pakalolo, I am a she :) !
Good to have another 'she' on board. The overwhelming majority of posters on vaporizer forums are male, so the assumption was understandable. If you intend to hang around a while, maybe choose a distinctly feminine avatar or 'title' to avoid the same assumption in the future. ;)

I also think the MF LB would be a better choice than the Pocket Vape, but there is a learning curve to it. The iolite is an easy vape to use, since it has a fixed temp. The LB takes more care, since the longer the battery is connected, the hotter it gets. Most buyers are very happy with it though, and you can't beat the warranty.

max,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
shortwind said:
Oh, by the way Pakalolo, I am a she :) !

Oops! I usually try to be really careful when I don't the sex of the person I'm writing to/about, but I messed up this time. My apologies.

pakalolo,

shortwind

Hi. Quick update. I purchased a MFLB on-line and just received it in the mail today. Took just a few inhalations this afternoon and the effects were quite impressive. I am looking forward to much more efficient use of my medicine.
Thanks again for all the prior feedback.
Cheers!
Shortwind

shortwind,

Nycdeisel

Glad to hear you are enjoying your LB, I have one of my own and I must agree, for the size, price and everything its such a fantastic little unit.

Nycdeisel,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom