• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

FC Email Alert Overload! How Do I Manage Watched Threads?

happyTrails

phishpanicjam
I searched to no avail... I get an email every time a thread I participate in has a new post. I have selected not to receive any email alerts in my profile on the page where you list/change your email address, but they still keep on a comin'! I like getting the alerts when I log into this site, but do not want them cluttering up my email inbox. I am sure I am missing something simple, but I need your help! TIA!

happyTrails,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
I believe its under:

Your Account
Preferences
Options -

Automatically watch threads that you create or when you reply...
  • and receive email notifications of replies
Uncheck that second box.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Pick an active thread you're watching. Unwatch it and see if you still get email alerts. If you don't, watch it again and see if the email alerts resume. Basically we want to try to isolate the source of the problem.

Edit: Actually, use this thread because a test post to check for email alerts won't be off-topic here. ;)

Oh wait, you started it in the wrong forum. No worries, I'm moving it.

happyTrails

phishpanicjam
Yeah, I was not sure where to post and figured Ask FC has traffic and seemed fitting, but either way...my bad. So I "un-watched" the UD and Solo threads. I will report back. Thanks for your help.!

edit to add....So, there was an update in the UD thread. No email, no FC alert. Does that help the diagnostic team?

happyTrails,

happyTrails

phishpanicjam
back to back posted to test alerts...

pak, I am not getting any emails for this thread, but am getting alerts...so that is good. Newly "un-watched" threads are getting new posts with no email as well.

happyTrails,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Okay, now watch them again and see if the email alerts still happen.

I left a re-direct in Ask FC so you won't miss any traffic. ;)

pakalolo,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Try this.
  1. Go here http://fuckcombustion.com/watched/threads/all
  2. Check the box beside the threads you don't want email notifications for
  3. Select Disable email notification from the drop down and click Go
It sounds like you've already got the other part figured out.
Hope that helps. :)

Last edited:

chimpybits

Title says it all. I cannot figure this out.

I would like to use Alerts more, but don't bother as they're burdened with too many threads.

Modnote: Thread merged. :)

chimpybits,

SD_haze

"Unwatch thread" link at the top of any thread you are currently watching

It's right where "Watch Thread" normally is.

SD_haze,

ictus

Hey guys,

I set my preferences to NOT email my about updates (that is, uncheck the box saying "receive email notification of replies), but I am still getting the emails.

I want to be subscribed to everything, but I never want to get emails of any kind.

How do I set that up?
Thanks

ictus,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
There are two places where you can control the sending of email notifications. To get what you want, you have to turn off notifications in your Preferences, but you also have to go to each Watched Thread and make sure that you have also turned off email notifications there. Go to All Watched Threads, then select every thread in the list. Use the drop-down at the bottom of the page to disable email notifications for all of them.

Basically, if you've replied to a thread you are automatically watching it unless you specifically set it to unwatched. If you had email notification turned on when you first started watching a thread, this automatic subscription continues to send email even though you've later turned off the global setting.

pakalolo,
Reactions: Meremoth

ictus

Thanks! got it all set up.

But what happens if I now reply to another thread? Will I be receiving email notifications about just for that thread then?

basically I want to receive all alerts so I see the alerts when I come here, but I don't want any emails sent. I hope the solution isn't to deactivate email notifications for each thread from now on.

ictus,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Thanks! got it all set up.

But what happens if I now reply to another thread? Will I be receiving email notifications about just for that thread then?

basically I want to receive all alerts so I see the alerts when I come here, but I don't want any emails sent. I hope the solution isn't to deactivate email notifications for each thread from now on.

If you have turned off email notifications in Preferences, you don't need to do anything. You will not get an email notification for any thread you post in unless you specifically turned them on for that thread. Alerts are handled separately.

pakalolo,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
This is weird cause I like the email alerts and barely ever get any. Once in a blue moon I get the alert emails but really, that's it.

Symbolik

I won't get email alerts for days.. And then as soon as I log onto my account here it blows my email up

Symbolik,

Enchantre

Oil Painter
I've discovered that if you "unwatch" then "watch" the thread, a dialog box pops up that has the option for email notifications. I just re-watched my threads without email.

Enchantre,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

goatgobaahh

I like the alerts HATE the e-mails. If Im at work I dont want anyone passing my computer and seeing e-mails with vape or anything else in it.

goatgobaahh,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

Hoops

I just setup rules in my mailbox and all FC emails go to their own folder. I like the emails, but don't always want them clogging my inbox. Works for me.

Hoops,
Reactions: lauz

Meremoth

AKA ♫ Stinky Wizzleteats ♫
There are two places where you can control the sending of email notifications. To get what you want, you have to turn off notifications in your Preferences, but you also have to go to each Watched Thread and make sure that you have also turned off email notifications there. Go to All Watched Threads, then select every thread in the list. Use the drop-down at the bottom of the page to disable email notifications for all of them.

Basically, if you've replied to a thread you are automatically watching it unless you specifically set it to unwatched. If you had email notification turned on when you first started watching a thread, this automatic subscription continues to send email even though you've later turned off the global setting.

This is very helpful, thank you.

:cheers:

Meremoth,

salivape

This is kind of relevant and I didn't want to start a thread for this but for some reason I don't get notifications a lot of the time. For example I wont get an alert about new posts in the ascent thread for a few days. Then I will get one but when I go to the thread there's pages of posts that I haven't been alerted about. Any ideas why? I like to keep on top of threads I'm following so I don't have to read too much at once.. especially after a session or two.

salivape,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
This is kind of relevant and I didn't want to start a thread for this but for some reason I don't get notifications a lot of the time.

Happens to me to and I can't figure out why. As soon as I visit the watched thread, I start getting notifications.

My theory is that if you get a notification alert and ignore it, then they stop alerting you until you visit that thread again.

Top Bottom