Favourite Quotes

Babylon Drifter

Black Taoist
I wasn't sure whether this belonged here or the joke thread, but he said it with a straight face so....

"We do not have different rules for Democrats or Republicans, different rules for the powerful or the powerless, different rules for the rich or the poor."

Merrick Garland

Babylon Drifter,

florduh

FniZv3PXEAA6pgH

-James Baldwin 1924-1987

Babylon Drifter

Black Taoist
Government is not a solution to our problem, government is the problem. ... Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them. Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. If it stops moving, subsidize it. ... The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.

Ronald Reagan

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are "I'm from the government, and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan

When a business or an individual spends more than it makes, it goes bankrupt. When government does it, it sends you the bill. And when government does it for 40 years, the bill comes in two ways: higher taxes and inflation. Make no mistake about it, inflation is a tax and not by accident.

Ronald Reagan

We must never remain silent in the face of bigotry. We must condemn those who seek to divide us. In all quarters and at all times, we must teach tolerance and denounce racism, anti-Semitism and all ethnic or religious bigotry wherever they exist as unacceptable evils. We have no place for haters in America -- none, whatsoever.

Also Ronald Reagan

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
“In every age the men who want us under their thumb, if they have any sense, will put forward the particular pretension which the hopes and fears of that age render most potent. They ‘cash in.’ It has been magic, it has been Christianity. Now it will certainly be science”

– C.S. Lewis, 1958

Top Bottom