Fake Purple Days on Ebay - "Better Days"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Well the listing would be more accurate if it said Pandora kit pre-assembled. Looks like someone is assembling and selling them.

Lo,

lwien

It says that this guy is building them and just slapping the Purple Days name on them. I doubt if it's a Pandora. Wouldn't make economic sense. Hope Tom can contact Ebay and put a stop to this as far as using the Purple Days name.

lwien,

Lo

Oh... didn't think about that Lwien. I wonder... I can't see if the logo is on them. :(

Lo,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
if you scroll down a bit you will see the seller states " These are better than the real deal. I started making these after I received my Pandora kit and realized how simple these are. I have added a few touches of my own like recessing the power jack and adding a screen"

seems like someone got the pandora and used it as their blueprint...

DevoTheStrange,

Lo

Yeah Devo... Just read and he's planning to market. I'm guessing probably a member here too. The marketing is misleading :(

Q: Is that the real deal purple days vaporizer you're selling? Is there a reason the price is so low? Is the product brand new? Do you have any extra pictures that show the logo on the unit? Also were these made by the purple days owner or by you with the pandora kit? I hope you don't mind all those question. I just want to be comfortable before I put down any money. Jun-09-10
A: These are better than the real deal. I started making these after I received my Pandora kit and realized how simple these are. I have added a few touches of my own like recessing the power jack and adding a screen so the tobacco does not fall into the vaporizer. I am also working on a new power supply that will allow you to adjust the temperature. The new power supply wont be available for another month but these make the best vaporizer even better and will be standard on my vaporizers with a little price increase. These are made with all the same parts as purple days most from the same suppliers. There is nothing to worry about I offer a money back guarantee. ChronicVapeShop.com is in the process of getting a web site up and will be selling it under the name better days. Thanks, Joe ChronicVapeShop.com

Lo,

lwien

Lo said:
Yeah Devo... Just read and he's planning to market. I'm guessing probably a member here too. The marketing is misleading :(
Yeah, first it was the Woodez who copied the PD without making any improvements on it at all, and then had the gall to actually use a pic of the PD in their original advertising on their site, and now we have this yahoo just blatantly using the Purple Days name.

lwien,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
I know there is a big hub-bub about all of this... but if i remember correctly, Tom did say he would rather give the design away then have someone steal it.
This would be the first instance of this actually happening. I know it sucks, but honestly I am not that surprised that a pandora owner would start making their own to sell.
I think he is calling it Purple days to try to get them to sell, but if you notice he also states once he gets his site up he is changing the name because he has made some improvements to the design. calling it Better Days.
and to be honest, i doubt this will be the last person copying and making their own PD like vape... there are a boatload of people out there now that know how to make these.

DevoTheStrange,

SSS

mmj patient under siege by the obama admin
i'm surprised it took this long for someone to start doing this. i'm not sure why tom would have a problem with it. after all, it was called a "pandora" kit for a reason.

SSS,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
SSS said:
i'm surprised it took this long for someone to start doing this. i'm not sure why tom would have a problem with it. after all, it was called a "pandora" kit for a reason.
yeah thats kind of my view on it... i was waiting to see how soon it would happen

DevoTheStrange,

Beezleb

When your product is being "knocked off" than its an illustration that you made it. Extremely wrong to actually call it a purple days though.

Beezleb,

lwien

Yeah, my issue is that he is marketing it as a Purple Days, which it is not.

lwien,

Beezleb

lwien said:
Yea, that is very wrong. By chance is Toms trademarked?

Beezleb,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
I do agree with the using the PD name to sell their product is wrong, and I think the PD and its logos are copyrighted...

DevoTheStrange,

Lo

Yes, I too have a problem with it being called a Purple Days when it is not. He can make whatever he wants and sell but he is NOT selling a purple days as it is advertised.

Lo,

SSS

mmj patient under siege by the obama admin
Beezleb said:
lwien said:
Yea, that is very wrong. By chance is Toms trademarked?
sure, it's wrong. that fits the pandora mythos to a tee.

SSS,

Purple-Days

Joe, since you started the thread, can we call this the official Better Days thread? But then, I'm not sure retailers, who don't have contact info, can have an official thread. So maybe this was the best way to introduce your product. Interesting first post BTW. It's gonna be hard to be seen as an honest sort after taking this approach to marketing. :2c:

Just in case he decides to change it here is his first post.

smokenjoe50
vaporist

Purple Days on Ebay

"I just saw these listed on ebay. Has anyone tried one?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi :MESELX:IT "

Purple-Days,

stinkmeaner

Alright the jig is up, I confess it was me. Keep in mind not only do I strive for the mediocre quality materials but I do not clean or sanitize any of the internal parts that you breathe through in this vaporizer, in fact during the building process I do not clean myself, it gives it a certain flavor and aroma which led me to my first choice of names;"Stinky-Days" but in the end, to not offend, I decided to go with "Better-Days". I know people are wondering what other improvements I have made besides recessing the plug, so without further ado, the improvement I didn't mention on my listing, and the best improvement of all..... instead of Buzz Butter or Woodeez Wax I have just decided to just use my own ear wax, it is greasy, plentiful and free so it is obvious which log vape is the right choice, Stinky-Days a.k.a. Better-Days is the one for you. manufacturer note: use at own risk

stinkmeaner,

Anthony

Anthony
stinkmeaner said:
Alright the jig is up, I confess it was me. Keep in mind not only do I strive for the mediocre quality materials but I do not clean or sanitize any of the internal parts that you breathe through in this vaporizer, in fact during the building process I do not clean myself, it gives it a certain flavor and aroma which led me to my first choice of names;"Stinky-Days" but in the end, to not offend, I decided to go with "Better-Days". I know people are wondering what other improvements I have made besides recessing the plug, so without further ado, the improvement I didn't mention on my listing, and the best improvement of all..... instead of Buzz Butter or Woodeez Wax I have just decided to just use my own ear wax, it is greasy, plentiful and free so it is obvious which log vape is the right choice, Stinky-Days a.k.a. Better-Days is the one for you. manufacturer note: use at own risk

[url]http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/8214/ear2h.th.jpg[/url]
[url]http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/5861/earwax1.th.jpg[/url]
Extreme internet sarcasm FTW!

Anthony,

mattybass

Quasi-Intellectual
To be honest, I would build my own PD from scratch if I had the technical know-how. Vaporizers are simple machines, after all.

mattybass,

Anthony

Anthony
mattybass said:
To be honest, I would build my own PD from scratch if I had the technical know-how. Vaporizers are simple machines, after all.
Are you a developer? You Sig. is one of the most recognized paraphrases that is ambiguous to programmers/developers. :)

Anthony,

mattybass

Quasi-Intellectual
Anthony said:
mattybass said:
Are you a developer? You Sig. is one of the most recognized paraphrases that is ambiguous to programmers/developers. :)
Haha no, I'm not a developer... just a computer geek who understands where the term comes from, hehe. Glad you got the reference though!

mattybass,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
stinkmeaner said:
I'm in the process of developing my own "Backwards-Days" vaporizer - re: like the rain falls up on backwards day, etc.
It works just like a Purple-Days except you stick the tube into the electrical part and ram the heater part into the wall socket.
No warm-up time requires and that's why it's better. Gets you fucked up plus it's a nifty and stealth aromatherapy diffuser.

jeffp,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
attempted to edit a misspelling and it posted as a second article in the thread.....
but that's good - because as I think about it, I'm not sure I want to call it the
"backwards-days" - thinking maybe it should be called the "big better" - like you would
get at burger king.

jeffp,

Beezleb

jeffp said:
attempted to edit a misspelling and it posted as a second article in the thread.....
but that's good - because as I think about it, I'm not sure I want to call it the
"backwards-days" - thinking maybe it should be called the "big better" - like you would
get at burger king.
I heard you should wet the metal part of the tubes and your hands for better electrical flow and faster heating.

Beezleb,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom