• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Fake News

Sick Vape

Solar Dabs
3c6a3acef165fa39639997f967c2feaa7e6253c9eabf1fc19b8991267f5045f4.png

https://worldnewsdailyreport.com/do...-hours-in-patients-anus-during-prostate-exam/
Fuck urologists, lol.
I mean doctors have a machine to look into everything and diagnose whatever. Most stuff they don't even need to see you to "diagnose" and throw some pills at you, but when they get a chance to stick a finger in your ass. You can bet they will...

I would walk home with that guy dangling out my ass

Tranquility

Iowa is all about the fake news. There is a narrative being created. I don't know what it is, but, they are not just reporting facts.

The Des Moines register cancelled publication of what is generally considered the most accurate poll for the caucuses.
https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...owa-poll-over-respondent-concerns/4637168002/

CNN:
https://edition.cnn.com/2020/02/01/politics/cnn-des-moines-register-wont-release-poll/index.html

Now, the caucuses need to be checked.
https://www.nationalreview.com/news...king&utm_campaign=newstrack&utm_term=19345410

The NEWS should be who won. The FAKE NEWS is how to explain whatever was shown in the polls or caucuses in a way the powers that be want.

What will that explanation be?

(My wild-assed-guess is Biden is done and the powers that be are going to screw the Bernie Bros. again.)

Edit:
Apparently, my WAG is satire. Today's The Onion:
https://politics.theonion.com/dnc-mulls-asking-donald-trump-to-run-as-democrat-in-eff-1841432132

Last edited:

grampa_herb

Epstein didn't kill himself
Iowa is all about the fake news. There is a narrative being created. I don't know what it is, but, they are not just reporting facts.

The Des Moines register cancelled publication of what is generally considered the most accurate poll for the caucuses.
https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...owa-poll-over-respondent-concerns/4637168002/

CNN:
https://edition.cnn.com/2020/02/01/politics/cnn-des-moines-register-wont-release-poll/index.html

Now, the caucuses need to be checked.
https://www.nationalreview.com/news...king&utm_campaign=newstrack&utm_term=19345410

The NEWS should be who won. The FAKE NEWS is how to explain whatever was shown in the polls or caucuses in a way the powers that be want.

What will that explanation be?

(My wild-assed-guess is Biden is done and the powers that be are going to screw the Bernie Bros. again.)

Edit:
Apparently, my WAG is satire. Today's The Onion:
https://politics.theonion.com/dnc-mulls-asking-donald-trump-to-run-as-democrat-in-eff-1841432132
Help on the way!

EP7V6cQXkAEmpt0

Krazy

Fuck urologists, lol.
I mean doctors have a machine to look into everything and diagnose whatever. Most stuff they don't even need to see you to "diagnose" and throw some pills at you, but when they get a chance to stick a finger in your ass. You can bet they will...

I would walk home with that guy dangling out my ass
It's true, he has done it before!

Tranquility

They STILL haven't come up with a narrative.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/elec...ed-with-errors-and-inconsistencies/ar-BBZIMYd
Results from the Iowa Democratic caucuses were delayed by “quality control checks” on Monday night. Days later, quality control issues have not been resolved.

The results released by the Iowa Democratic Party on Wednesday were riddled with inconsistencies and other flaws. According to a New York Times analysis, more than 100 precincts reported results that were internally inconsistent, that were missing data or that were not possible under the complex rules of the Iowa caucuses.

In some cases, vote tallies do not add up. In others, precincts are shown allotting the wrong number of delegates to certain candidates. And in at least a few cases, the Iowa Democratic Party’s reported results do not match those reported by the precincts....​

MY preferred narrative is that there's not a lot of math classes in poly sci coursework. I hope the picture from the article stays up, but, I think I see some of the problem right here:
BBZJbcv.img

Let's see, carry the three and double by nine and...nope. No matter which technique I use, I come up with an answer of 185 and not 186.

Res ipsa loquitur.

Tranquility,
Reactions: macbill

Tranquility

Misinformation in action: Fake news exposure is linked to lower trust in media, higher trust in government when your side is in power
Summary:

• We collected data from U.S. respondents (N=3000) who participated in two survey waves conducted a month apart from each other. The surveys were sent out in late October and late November of 2018, shortly before and shortly after the U.S. midterm elections.
  • Participants were also asked to install a browser extension tracking their online behavior during the time period between the surveys. About 8% (N=227) of the respondents agreed.
  • The browsing history of participating respondents was used to evaluate their exposure to fake news sources and assess whether consuming misinformation was linked to changes in trust.
  • We found that fake news exposure was associated with a decline in mainstream media trust among respondents.
  • Our results also showed that fake news exposure was associated with an overall increase in political trust, and especially trust in congress and the justice system.
  • Upon examining that relationship more closely, we found that fake news consumption was linked to lower political trust, but only for strong liberals. For moderates and conservatives, fake news consumption predicted higher trust in political institutions.
  • Our findings confirm that the consequences of fake news cannot be examined in isolation. To effectively anticipate the implications of misinformation spread, research needs to consider the current media and political environment.

If the study is True, I'm thinking none of us have been exposed to fake news. I mean, who likes Congress? Who has trust in the justice system?

Tranquility,

Tranquility

This page brings together a lot of the research on the issue.

Fake News

Summary:
Fake news is not new, but the American presidential election in 2016 placed the phenomenon squarely onto the international agenda. Manipulation, disinformation, falseness, rumors, conspiracy theories—actions and behaviors that are frequently associated with the term—have existed as long as humans have communicated. Nevertheless, new communication technologies have allowed for new ways to produce, distribute, and consume fake news, which makes it harder to differentiate what information to trust. Fake news has typically been studied along four lines: Characterization, creation, circulation, and countering. How to characterize fake news has been a major concern in the research literature, as the definition of the term is disputed. By differentiating between intention and facticity, researchers have attempted to study different types of false information. Creation concerns the production of fake news, often produced with either a financial, political, or social motivation. The circulation of fake news refers to the different ways false information has been disseminated and amplified, often through communication technologies such as social media and search engines. Lastly, countering fake news addresses the multitude of approaches to detect and combat fake news on different levels, from legal, financial, and technical aspects to individuals’ media and information literacy and new fact-checking services.

Tranquility,

Tranquility

^^ Here is the FBIs 2018 list:

I don't have the time right now to check out party affiliation.
Right off the top, I see Birmingham, AL as #3 on your list without being on the WaPo list at all. Either things have changed in the last two years, the criteria for inclusion are different between the two or something else. (The something else might be a criteria issue. The EscapeHere list had property crimes as one fact on Birmingham and the WaPo list is just violent crime.)

Birmingham, I assume, is going to be republican all the way down to dog catcher. (When I check my wild assed guess, I was wrong. https://www.bestplaces.net/voting/city/alabama/birmingham )

Tranquility,
Reactions: Summer

florduh

@Tranquility This is silly. Large cities are almost always run by Democrats, for a variety of reasons. Large cities the world over also have more crime than rural areas. The causation explaining this correlation is population density, not the political affiliation of the city's mayor.

Tranquility

@Tranquility This is silly. Large cities are almost always run by Democrats, for a variety of reasons. Large cities the world over also have more crime than rural areas. The causation explaining this correlation is population density, not the political affiliation of the city's mayor.
That is the counter argument. Like most things, it is difficult to determine if correlation is causation. Of course, the point of the original post had nothing to do with if Democrat leadership is linked to crime, but if the headline and point of the article is true:
Trump keeps claiming that the most dangerous cities in America are all run by Democrats. They aren’t.
The "fake news" portion was that the charts in the article showed the headline to be misleading. Who would think the only complaint in the headline focuses on the word "all". If that word is removed, the headline is true. The principle is illustrated by the joke:
7fb.jpg

It is awesome, though, crime is solved by reducing density. Does that mean we should discourage cities? With the Covid and all showing how dangerous they are from a disease perspective and now crime can be linked to density alone, a lot of problems could be solved by encouraging people to move out. Perhaps a special tax on people in dense environments. It's not like we can't use the money to pay for the pandemic.

By the way, welcome back! Life changes or election coming up?

Tranquility,
Reactions: Summer

florduh

Like most things, it is difficult to determine if correlation is causation.
True, but in this case it's pretty easy to determine what isn't the cause. In countries where the Democratic Party doesn't exist, dense urban areas still have a higher crime rate than sparse rural areas.

I agree that the headline of that article is odd. But the article itself makes the very point I did. It's silly for Trump to imply that Democrats magically make urban areas crime ridden. Jacksonville having a mayor with a (R) next to his name didn't solve their crime problem.

I don't know if discouraging cities is possible. They seem to be a consistent byproduct of civilization. While I agree that I wouldn't really want to live in one during a plague, there are economic and cultural benefits to cities. With the increasing popularity of remote work, the economics may change in the future though. What I DO know is that levying increased taxes on dense urban areas won't work or cities would've disappeared long ago. :lol:

Thanks for the welcome back! Cannabis took a backseat for a while for me. Busy times in my business. I came back because I heard there were changes to the forum.

Tranquility

BROTHERS IN ARMED Gun-wielding female Black Panther leads protesters on march through Atlanta to ‘protect Black Lives Matter rally’
"correction" in another source that correctly pointed out their previous identification was wrong.
Correction: Armed protesters at Decatur demonstration were not part of hate group

In reality, the marchers you can find tons of pictures about that look scary, armed and serious (Armed and in military-type gear and marching.) may be actors.
Dressed the part, ‘Panther’ group came straight from central casting

It’s hard to stand out when you are in a sea of thousands of frustrated, sign-waving protesters. But in marches and demonstrations over the past week in Atlanta, Decatur and even Cumming, a small knot of charismatic young people kept getting photographed.

They said they were Black Panthers, and they looked the part with all-black attire and black berets adorned with a cat-head patch. Their leader was a tall, thin black woman armed with an assault rifle and a determined look. Photos of the group popped up in local news outlets, including The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, but also in the British tabloid press.

“Armed female Black Panther leads her comrades including a white recruit on a march through Georgia,” The Daily Mail wrote in an online story about the June 3 demonstration Decatur. The story featured several dramatic photos and embedded Instagram posts.

It is easy to see why the group attracted attention. In a moment of fury over police shootings of black people, the group was perfectly cast. Maybe too perfect.

Within a few days, an activist on Twitter sussed out that the group was comprised of models and actors from Atlanta’s film and entertainment industries. A Twitter user who goes by Wolf The Red identified them from their Instagram accounts where he found the group modeling haute couture or publicizing their film credits, but “zero prior demonstrations. No posts with guns. No calls to action.”

Bottom line, ALWAYS get the news from the most local source you can find.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
BROTHERS IN ARMED Gun-wielding female Black Panther leads protesters on march through Atlanta to ‘protect Black Lives Matter rally’
"correction" in another source that correctly pointed out their previous identification was wrong.
Correction: Armed protesters at Decatur demonstration were not part of hate group

In reality, the marchers you can find tons of pictures about that look scary, armed and serious (Armed and in military-type gear and marching.) may be actors.
Dressed the part, ‘Panther’ group came straight from central casting

It’s hard to stand out when you are in a sea of thousands of frustrated, sign-waving protesters. But in marches and demonstrations over the past week in Atlanta, Decatur and even Cumming, a small knot of charismatic young people kept getting photographed.

They said they were Black Panthers, and they looked the part with all-black attire and black berets adorned with a cat-head patch. Their leader was a tall, thin black woman armed with an assault rifle and a determined look. Photos of the group popped up in local news outlets, including The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, but also in the British tabloid press.

“Armed female Black Panther leads her comrades including a white recruit on a march through Georgia,” The Daily Mail wrote in an online story about the June 3 demonstration Decatur. The story featured several dramatic photos and embedded Instagram posts.

It is easy to see why the group attracted attention. In a moment of fury over police shootings of black people, the group was perfectly cast. Maybe too perfect.

Within a few days, an activist on Twitter sussed out that the group was comprised of models and actors from Atlanta’s film and entertainment industries. A Twitter user who goes by Wolf The Red identified them from their Instagram accounts where he found the group modeling haute couture or publicizing their film credits, but “zero prior demonstrations. No posts with guns. No calls to action.”

Bottom line, ALWAYS get the news from the most local source you can find.
I cant believe that happened... BUT the follow up was NFAC [Not Fucking Around Coalition] and as real as it gets- long overdue.

Talking to a black man from Atlanta.
He said "The time has come to take what's mine.
And if I must bust a few heads to achieve justice,
My righteous cause will well explain the crime!"
Well, that makes sense to me, I must confess.
-John Fuckin Bell (1990)

Top Bottom