experience with THC +THCa Tinctures/Oil?

wolf torn

Trying to think of the most medically beneficial edible.
When you decarb flower you are losing terps.
There is medical benefit to THCa.

Is the best solution to do half your extract with non-decarbed flower and half with decarb flower?

bulllee

Agent Provocateur
There is a group that advocates juicing raw cannabis for the health benefits. Lot's of THCa. If you have access to fresh herb I would give it a whirl the next time you make tinctures . :nod:
If using raw cannabis, would not the CBD levels be low due to the fact of no decarbing ? Lot's of CBDa which would convert to CBD during decarboxylation. But CBD needs to decarb so IDK ? When I make my cbd oil I use cured hemp. Hard to find quality fresh hemp where I'm from.

shredder

Trying to think of the most medically beneficial edible.
When you decarb flower you are losing terps.
There is medical benefit to THCa.

Is the best solution to do half your extract with non-decarbed flower and half with decarb flower?

You can press buds at low temperatures to make rosin and use rosin in medibles. I do this now, but since I haven't tested it I don't know the % of thc/thca. And I think the terpenes that come with rosin mean a great deal too, even it edibles. And there are techniques to harvest thca when pressing rosin.

Using rosin in recipes and keeping the cooking temperatures down will give you a more uplifting effect than the same amount of rso, even though rso is stronger. Is that because of thca or terpenes? IDK Is one better than the other medically? Again IDK

For thca from buds you could do an alcohol tincture and not use heat at all. But remember weed will decarb itself over time.

For a true medical edible don't forget cbd"s either. I make and use a lot of edibles and all of them have some % of cbd. I think it makes a much more well rounded effect, same with terpenes in the mix.

shredder,
Reactions: arb
Top Bottom