• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

EVOLV Cricket

AlphaDeltaF1

I'm pretty sure it's welded. Solder wouldn't make sense on the tub since it probably connects to the current through those 2 screws.

It’s 100% welded. Confirmed by the CEO himself. Tub is grade 9 Ti, screws and two contacts on each side are standard Ti.
(Correction to me saying screw to screw is grade 9)

AlphaDeltaF1

After having the Evolv Cricket in my rotation for the past 3 weeks it has become my preferred method of consuming concentrates. I can't stand to use my HVT Sequoia v5 anymore due to the excessive heat. For context as to why I'm not using a bottomless banger with the v5, I prefer dry dabs and the wax pen experience in general. I like that I could load it and hit it while gaming online and set it down next to me.

I find my self consistently reaching for it even with all my other vapes ready for use (B0, Mighty, Plenty, Dynavap) with "Reserve" tier cannabis flower. This is because the flavor is just as good as those flower vapes but the duration of session is shorter and the hits are way more cool and comfortable on the chest. Even when I finish my dab off at 600F on the Evolv Cricket the draw is just barely warm in comparison to the HVT v5 @ 460F..

also a note about splatter:

The amount of splatter generated is really based on the volume of material you use and at what temp. Diamonds are denser therefore you should use a lower volume vs a whipper product like budder etc. I am experiencing much less splatter (like nearly 0 if I temp step from 460F up to 600F In. 3 hits) using the recommended dab size of budder.

I also played with the power settings a bit. default power is 60W, heat time seems to scale linearly with wattage (which makes sense). 18W. seemed like a nice flavor chase spot but more testing needed on that front. Running at the stock 60W and still getting excellent flavor with much better cloud production.

PS: there are 4 people who are interested in the group buy, I think we need at least a few more to get it actually going, so let me know if your interested and ill add you to the list.

Happy Dabs All!!

seedy53

Evolv Cricket
In order to produce 80 amps (continues discharge) this would take 2 of these 21700 batteries
in parallel, i believe. There is only one battery small enough to do that i think.
It would not be a 18650 battery. Anyone know of a differ battery to do 80 amp that would fit in it's case

Molicel 21700 P42A 4200mAh 45A Battery​

seedy53,
Reactions: Izan

AlphaDeltaF1

Evolv Cricket
In order to produce 80 amps (continues discharge) this would take 2 of these 21700 batteries
in parallel, i believe. There is only one battery small enough to do that i think.
It would not be a 18650 battery. Anyone know of a differ battery to do 80 amp that would fit in it's case

Molicel 21700 P42A 4200mAh 45A Battery​

It is a Li-Po battery but I do not believe it’s 80amps continuous. But the device has the ability to draw ~80amps if the power regulator calls for it but it’s constantly switching voltage and amperage combinations to meet power demands of the device. That’s the beauty of the DNA chipset.

I was told when the battery reads as dead, it still has about 3volts of power left.

AlphaDeltaF1,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
It is a Li-Po battery but I do not believe it’s 80amps continuous. But the device has the ability to draw ~80amps if the power regulator calls for it but it’s constantly switching voltage and amperage combinations to meet power demands of the device. That’s the beauty of the DNA chipset.

I was told when the battery reads as dead, it still has about 3volts of power left.
A lot of your answers indicate to me that you are in regular communication with someone from Evolv. Are you just asking the questions from this thread via email?

I appreciate that you are working as an intermediary for us, but it sounds like you might need to get the Company Rep flair on your profile. Just to avoid any issues with the rules about other products.

AlphaDeltaF1

A lot of your answers indicate to me that you are in regular communication with someone from Evolv. Are you just asking the questions from this thread via email?

I appreciate that you are working as an intermediary for us, but it sounds like you might need to get the Company Rep flair on your profile. Just to avoid any issues with the rules about other products.

I’m just a nerdy guy and tend to dig into details of anything I find interesting. All the info I’ve disseminated in this thread was obtained through two 30min phone calls with the CEO With one of those calls being after this thread was posted. So yes, some of the questions that came up in the thread were indirectly answered by Evolv (Brandon, rather). But I haven’t spoken to anyone at Evolv regarding the Cricket for over two weeks now.

(If that makes me a company rep in the eyes of the mods / community then I accept that and will gladly sport a flair)

To reiterate what I’ve said earlier in the thread, I’m just an end user trying to generate searchable info for other future enthusiasts.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I’m just a nerdy guy and tend to dig into details of anything I find interesting. All the info I’ve disseminated in this thread was obtained through two 30min phone calls with the CEO With one of those calls being after this thread was posted. So yes, some of the questions that came up in the thread were indirectly answered by Evolv (Brandon, rather). But I haven’t spoken to anyone at Evolv regarding the Cricket for over two weeks now
I'll try not to derail the thread but your answers are always very involved for an outsider. Even this latest details about the battery, capacity, etc. sounds like someone with a direct line to Evolv. But I understand how it is to be enthusiastic about a vape.

AlphaDeltaF1

I'll try not to derail the thread but your answers are always very involved for an outsider. Even this latest details about the battery, capacity, etc. sounds like someone with a direct line to Evolv. But I understand how it is to be enthusiastic about a vape.

I don’t really know how else to put this, but I am a paying customer. They’re excited about having a paying customer for a product with zero marketing hype and zero retail footprint (at least at the time of writing). Since They’re a small, lean, nerdy vape company; they have to be resourceful. So to me, it’s no surprise the CEO is going to take the opportunity to pick my brain and see what I think?

I also have a STEM background so technical write ups (my very involved answers you mention?) are a walk in the park for me…

AlphaDeltaF1

I call bullshit!

This thread has been nothing but nonsense from your very first post, 7 pages of "dancing" about who you really are,
have Mr Brandon Ward, his wife Heather Davis, or John Bellinger, join fc and explain themselves and their cricket marketing plan, cheers!

Lol, touch some grass, my guy.

AlphaDeltaF1,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I don't know why people are still calling your credibility into question, nothing I see here seems odd at all, based on the other new products that we found out about here early

Anyway just wanted to point out when a battery is 3 volts it is essentially unusable and dead ready for a recharge anyway (at least my experience with 18650 batteries, I am always charging them at about 3.5v)

AlphaDeltaF1

I don't know why people are still calling your credibility into question, nothing I see here seems odd at all, based on the other new products that we found out about here early

Anyway just wanted to point out when a battery is 3 volts it is essentially unusable and dead ready for a recharge anyway (at least my experience with 18650 batteries, I am always charging them at about 3.5v)

Thank you for breathing some rationality into the thread…

And yeah, when the device is out of power the screen will read “check battery” when you go to start a draw. I guess it’s helpful the remaining power in the cells is still enough to power the screen and throw an error message. I haven’t completely drained the battery past that point tho so I can’t say what happens after that. Lol

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
don't know why people are still calling your credibility into question, nothing I see here seems odd at all, based on the other new products that we found out about here early
The original story seems fishy to me but I probably have too much free time to think about it. I mostly just want everything aboveboard because we have had sketchy folks doing weird stuff here in the past.

Plenty of threads and posts from new members have been deleted because they had a clear but undisclosed interest in whatever they were promoting. I think a healthy skepticism is good for our community especially with an unknown person and device.

Shit Snacks

The original story seems fishy to me but I probably have too much free time to think about it. I mostly just want everything aboveboard because we have had sketchy folks doing weird stuff here in the past.

Plenty of threads and posts from new members have been deleted because they had a clear but undisclosed interest in whatever they were promoting. I think a healthy skepticism is good for our community especially with an unknown person and device.

Trust me dude, I get it, and you know I love you, of course I agree, I just think y'all might be a bit too harsh on this guy, that's why I want to share my perspective again that I don't see any sketchiness here, personally! :tup:

AlphaDeltaF1

Here is a screenshot from the discord server where the cricket was first brought to my attention by another member, who was actually clowning on Evolv a little. (Hi bro, I know you’re prob following the thread, lol)

But it piqued my interest as I was dissatisfied with all other options on the market. Is that really so hard to believe ?

AlphaDeltaF1

Hi all,

Last call for the founders units! I will be collecting all the required items for the group buy this week and we will be purchasing the units for $275 Each. This is the direct to to shop price. If you want in shoot me a PM but we will be completing the purchase as soon as I get everything from those who said they were interested.

Happy dabs

Mr. White

Be good or be good at it.
And now the manufacturer is offering a promotion which undercuts the very retail shop who beta tested and sold the first device?
I looked up this smoke shop and they don't even have a website, just a Facebook page.
And I can't find a single post with any mention of this device.
For a retail business I'd expect to see a post saying to call in and order if they have inventory in stock?
OP keeps saying these are going to be hard to get, but the smoke shop isn't even trying to sell them?

TBH the whole "the CEO called me because I bought the first one" is pretty hard to believe.
I happen to have had many dealing with Brandon at evolv ad I used to buy his DNA boards to make ecig mods out of. And I can say that wanting to speak with the first customer of a new product sounds exactly like something he would do.

marduk

daydreamer
We’re talking about a company whose idea of promotion for this device was hiring an OnlyFans model to make a video of themselves fiddling with it (and then declaring it “🔥”) on Instagram. I hear good things about Evolv’s engineering chops, but they seem pretty far out of their depth when it comes to marketing.

Is this an actual usage video doing a dab? I tried searching for it without any luck... Do you happen to have a link?

marduk,

jlannon22

EVOLV Cricket

Hi all,

this is first of its kind cannabis concentrate device that is coming from the LEGENDARY Evolv Vapor!

EVOLV Cricket

I have just got my hands on it last week for $399.99 from a small head shop in Ohio and my goodness has the flavor blown me away.

since these aren't in stock anywhere else yet, the CEO also offered us a group rate for some special founders units for $299.99. he really want to get these into the enthusiast hands first as that who is designed for.

no more burnt dabs, no more coughing, no irritation. just pure flavor and effect ;)

let me know if you're interested.
i am

jlannon22,

Shit Snacks

Hi all,

The group buy for Evolv Cricket founders units is closed. Two FC members joined (maybe they will share their thoughts).

Group buy concluded with 6 members total.

Cheers

Nice, more than half, and not even mostly FC folks! I was so tempted, especially at 275, figured time was running out, and I would just wait it out lol I can see why this would be really cool, it's just tough when the focus is more on dry herb vaping and oil pen cartridges, but I really do like the ideas here... Looking forward to more reviews!

Top Bottom