• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Evo On A Stick

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I posted this on Instagram earlier today but figured it deserves its own thread here as well.

@Buildozer came by last night for a vape sesh and general fuckery that goes along with it. He brought a 18mm male-male adapter that he'd managed to wedge into a 20mm coil and wanted to play around with it. We were using an ELB from my Evo for the herb chamber. After a couple of unsuccessful attempts, we decided that there needed to be more mass in the adapter so we dumped in a bunch of 3mm glass balls that @VCBud uses for his G43.
IMG-1135.jpg

IMG-1136.jpg

This was the result:

That was the third hit of our maiden voyage. As you can tell the temp were a little too high for my liking, but the ABV came out all right:
IMG-1134.jpg

Anyway, this is so dead simple to do that literally anyone could make one of these with readily available parts if they'd like to give it a go! :science:

:peace:

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Nice one Stu !I had something similar running with 16mm coil ,3mm balls and 19/26 male joint ,it was working great. I mentioned that i had great success with self made heaters in the Gs thread a while back and even managed to make progress into putting that into a logvape body. Sadly a major sadback occured ,due to being a victim of a house robbery,had some of my tooling and other stuff stolen,but i hope i can get back right on it asap.
Does yours work if you load in the bowl, like verdampfer style ? Also does the G43 has enough power to vape when it is loaded into a bowl but not into the body ?

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Does yours work if you load in the bowl, like verdampfer style ? Also does the G43 has enough power to vape when it is loaded into a bowl but not into the body ?
@Buildozer took it home with him so I can't answer that for certain, but I would imagine that it would work with an external bowl if the temp is properly adjusted upwards. I haven't tried it with the G43 but don't know that the temp would get hot enough to accommodate for added distance to load. Given the battery life is limited I honestly don't see an advantage in doing that with the G (it works just fine with it's stock config IMO).

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
....Does yours work if you load in the bowl, like verdampfer style ? Also does the G43 has enough power to vape when it is loaded into a bowl but not into the body ?
I can't really say for the G43, but I wouldn't be surprised if it could if you wanted.. this DIY vape worked no problem with an external bowl, I didn't even adjust the temperature.. I'm sure I lock the beads down better and get the placement a little better.. Works great though, really rewarding DIY to just slap together real quick. :cheers:

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
@Stu thats cool. Can you post a pic of it broken down?
@Buildozer has it but I'm not sure he wants to take it apart again to take pics. FWIW there isn't much to show. It's just an 18mm M/M adapter, some 3mm glass balls, an ELB to house the load and an EQ elbow screen on the other end.

Last edited:

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
Ok @Stu is this correct, from the bottom up - bucket screen, bud, screen between bud and balls, bucket screen on top? What stops balls from falling through and separates bud from balls?

RogueGuy,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
96xbo7.jpg

I only had a 18mm to 14mm M to M adapter, with a wider flange than the one you guys used. I was able to squeeze into a 25mm barrel coil though! Biggest flaw with this setup is definitely the 14mm side, just too small of a bowl, thing is like a half vapcap :lol: fun proof of concept though! I might have to get a proper adapter and mess with it some more. I think the wide flare on my 18/14 probably doesn't help transfer heat as well to the pearls as the 20mm one you guys tried. If I could get this adapted to a real bowl I don't see why it wouldn't be a solid vaporizer. I swear what's even funnier is I have sketches on my iPad of a vaporizer design I made a year or two ago that is pretty much this exact setup. I had a Showerhead at the time, was intrigued by the Glass Symphony, but wanted something much smaller.
I can't believe I never actually TRIED it! :lol:

imor jones

Awesome...since i have the g43, and then saw the terptorch with glassbeads, then again saw the elev8r filled with beads...i already had ideas...then i found thus Thread. So Yesterday i filled a 18/14 m/m Adapter with 3mm glasbeads. The Adapter is from black leaf and hast some corrugations that nicely hold the 16(?)mm coil. Putting the nail on 360C Celsius. And a 18/16 f/m Adapter AS Bowl.
This Thing realy rips!!!!!
A really good all glass heater...
thanks dir sharing your ideas!!!!

peace tim

Top Bottom