Enano air path question

mariowarner

Hi guys,

Health and safety is my top priority. I don't understand much about certifications and vitrified ceramic and stuff, but my guess would be that it all doesn't matter as much if the path is completely separated from the heater and how tight the seal is. Is it the case with the Enano?

Also, all my Fury Edge is certified CE and the Enano is not, do you know the reason? Is it just because of the powercord?

Finally, seeing how the Volcano is melting, albeit beeing medically certified, what should I look for when choosing a device for it's safety? Would the Enano be a good choice?

Thanks a lot for your help,

MW

mariowarner,

mariowarner

I think the nano is safe, certainly no less than the fury edge and likely more, but if you want to go with a really pure log design email Alan@toasty-top.com as you can get a heat island setup for cheaper and very simple made pure materials he can explain everything to you to put your mind at ease!
Thanks a lot for the cue! What would make the Heat Island safer than the Enano?

mariowarner,

Philabrookla

@philabrookla
Could be safer than the e nano if someone was allergic to metals, afaik the HI air path is mostly glass(and ceramic?).

If one has no sensitivities to metals, the e-nano is not unsafe in any way.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I was just implying how simple and one man shop it is, a nano is more mass produced, I didn't say it is safer did I
110v AC is way more dangerous than 12v DC for sure.
CE certified vs Not
Well in one case you have something certied to meet certain criteria of electrical safety in the other you dont. This doesnt play in regard if one is safer than the other. In one case you have battery fire hazard ,and at the other 110v shock hazard probably in some very limited cases.(havent yet heard someone get shocked from the Nano and it has been years,but if you add a glass tool full with water and a drop on the ground probably magic can happen/
As far as airpath goes, The enano has a ceramic spacer that almost fully seals the heater from the plug, while in alans concepts i think the back of the plug with the soldered wires is exposed in the airpath,cannot really say it is much of health hazard though cause he uses leadfree solder.

Last edited:

mariowarner

I was just implying how simple and one man shop it is, a nano is more mass produced, I didn't say it is safer did I
Oh I get it, sorry I misinterpreted you about that!! Thanks!
110v AC is way more dangerous than 12v DC for sure.
CE certified vs Not
Well in one case you have something certied to meet certain criteria of electrical safety in the other you dont. This doesnt play in regard if one is safer than the other. In one case you have battery fire hazard ,and at the other 110v shock hazard probably in some very limited cases.(havent yet heard someone get shocked from the Nano and it has been years,but if you add a glass tool full with water and a drop on the ground probably magic can happen/
As far as airpath goes, The enano has a ceramic spacer that almost fully seals the heater from the plug, while in alans concepts i think the back of the plug with the soldered wires is exposed in the airpath,cannot really say it is much of health hazard though cause he uses leadfree solder.
Thanks, this clarifies a bit the 110V part! I think I don't fully understand how the components are placed in the log devices and have asked Ace of Vape for internal pictures... I always thought the airpath would be completely free of components, but from my limited understanding there might be some ceramic in it? Could this be a health issue?
E-nano does Not have CE because IT IS not so easy for a small Business especially from abroad to do.. that IS the reason I did read...
This makes sense, thanks!

JCat

Accessory Maker
Oh I get it, sorry I misinterpreted you about that!! Thanks!

Thanks, this clarifies a bit the 110V part! I think I don't fully understand how the components are placed in the log devices and have asked Ace of Vape for internal pictures... I always thought the airpath would be completely free of components, but from my limited understanding there might be some ceramic in it? Could this be a health issue?

This makes sense, thanks!
There are a lot of safe vapes out there, but most have the heater somewhere in the air path, and then the material safety of said heater is really the question (and any other materials in the path at the temperatures in question). If you want to avoid a heater in the air path completely, and stick to Titanium and/or glass/ruby, then you might want to look at the various injector style vapes such as the B-Zero, DC Elev8r, ...

mariowarner

Ok so, I read a bit about ceramic heaters and from my gathering, it is pretty much a non-issue. The amount of vaping it would take to be harmful, IF it is harmful at all, is too big. Or so I understand.

I guess, it was fear from the unknown!!

Top Bottom