Email Servers

stinkmeaner

I was using a one called Luxmail, it was basically one for just boards and general web surfing, like a throwaway. Since is a relitively new and unheard of Email server there was greater opportunity for choosing the name or handle I wanted, but that didn't work out so well in the end because I think they were trying to swindle me. I was using them for my email account for this forum but I have since updated my FC email to Gmail which is far more reliable.

Basically all was good for a few months and then one day I tried to send an email and it gave me a message saying that what I was doing was unregulated or something along those lines. So I signed out and tried to sign back in and it stopped me, saying that there were problems with my account and I needed to contact customer service for help which would require an advance credit card payment of $29.99. Needless to say I didn't go that route and I can't imagine who would, I guess if you had important information trapped inside then you might, but to me it was a throwaway account for online and for places that needed an email address on file for whatever reason.

Anybody else have something like this happen to them?

My regular accounts that I have had for years are with Gmail & Yahoo, but I was curious if anybody has used any of these so called encrypted email servers like Hushmail or cyber-rights?
In order for them your messages to be encrypted, the person you are emailing needs to also have a likewise account. It kind of seems to be oriented towards high level people with secrets or your run of the mill criminal type.

stinkmeaner,
Top Bottom