Discontinued Elevape smart 2.0 (ESV 2.0)

Ashcorbett

Give a look to the original thread ( not the 2.0) for more informations, there is not so much difference between this version and the previous. And good luck

I'm still enjoying my original ESV daily, most folks around gave away but mybe I'm just lucky with mine. To day I noticed the fritted glass screen I received with my Dobby vape fits perfectly the ESV bowl, just made some rosin from moroccan hasch and I plan to test it very soon.

It's a shame if the company is down, I was expecting to see it for ever... imo it's still the smaller and more on-demand unit in the market, impressive performances idiotproof, amazing taste... if everything is set properly and it doesn't seems to be always the case!
Is somebody tried to contact Sandor, the guy in Europe which was working with Joe...?

Thanks for the reply! I think I'm getting the original version, not the 2.0 so I'll find the thread, thanks! I'm hoping I can figure it out and love it! Is it hard to figure out the settings that work for you? I think it will take some trial and error on my part before I find what works for me, hopefully it won't take long!

Mr Mellish

imo it's still the smaller and more on-demand unit in the market, impressive performances idiotproof, amazing taste... if everything is set properly and it doesn't seems to be always the case!

It's probably just me but this seems contradictory. As a card carrying idiot, I found this particular device to be the only one that has regularly stumped me. It is the only vape I own that has not found a place in the rotation. In fact, I got so discouraged with it that it has been gathering dust for 18 months. The battery is probably dead or I would donate it to someone who might have better luck. (Well, that and it just seems like a dick move.)

Last edited:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
It's probably just me but this seems contradictory. As a card carrying idiot, I found this particular device to be the only one that has regularly stumped me. It is the only vape I own that has not found a place in the rotation. In fact, I got so discouraged with it that it has been gathering dust for 18 months. The battery is probably dead or I would donate it to someone who might have better luck.
No offense, what I mean is the inhalation detection feature and the fast heat make it very easy to get a puff without any instruction, just grab it and hit it!

In my case I was disappointed at first cause, like others I had to deal with a not well positionned coil and got hot spots. When fixed I didn't had anything more to fiddle with except a good cleaning every month. After a 2 months break time cause I was using others devices I got a battery issue which was fixed by itself (or with a trick somebody provided to me, don't remenber very well) before I had to ship it back to the manufacturer. So for me there was nothing bad to report except the short battery life (2 bowls= 20 hits but the fast charging time compensate), the need to stir ( was very annoyed about that at first but I'm used to now...) and the non reliable temperature display ( you'll have to set it a lower t° than you'll get in reality).
Hi @Ashcorbett the settings I use are :

setting 1= 2 (310°F)
setting 2= 6 (330°F)
setting 3= 30 (450°F)

But habitually I'm stuck at 310°F (2) for the best taste with thick clouds, I stir every 2 hits and get 10-12 hits per bowl, coarse grind or even broke by hands. Shitty weed will not works well with the ESV, you'll need the best for this particular device... and for you!

PPN,
Reactions: OF

Ashcorbett

No offense, what I mean is the inhalation detection feature and the fast heat make it very easy to get a puff without any instruction, just grab it and hit it!

In my case I was disappointed at first cause, like others I had to deal with a not well positionned coil and got hot spots. When fixed I didn't had anything more to fiddle with except a good cleaning every month. After a 2 months break time cause I was using others devices I got a battery issue which was fixed by itself (or with a trick somebody provided to me, don't remenber very well) before I had to ship it back to the manufacturer. So for me there was nothing bad to report except the short battery life (2 bowls= 20 hits but the fast charging time compensate), the need to stir ( was very annoyed about that at first but I'm used to now...) and the non reliable temperature display ( you'll have to set it a lower t° than you'll get in reality).
Hi @Ashcorbett the settings I use are :

setting 1= 2 (310°F)
setting 2= 6 (330°F)
setting 3= 30 (450°F)

But habitually I'm stuck at 310°F (2) for the best taste with thick clouds, I stir every 2 hits and get 10-12 hits per bowl, coarse grind or even broke by hands. Shitty weed will not works well with the ESV, you'll need the best for this particular device... and for you!

Okay that's good to know I should stir it! I don't know any of these basics, I do have to look this stuff up lol!! Would I be able to mix some keif in with the weed in the bowl? Thanks a lot for the info!!

Ashcorbett,

chillersnov8p

Just pulled mine out after not using for awhile. I will say that I try and top off battery every few weeks. Anyways with all the hupla around the MV1 I thought I should revisit the esv. Huge clouds and great taste. It used to be that stirring a convection vape was a sign it didn't work well but no one with the MV1 seems to care. I know I just got lucky with an early model #38 but have to report that it's still going strong.

namasteIII

Just pulled mine out after not using for awhile. I will say that I try and top off battery every few weeks. Anyways with all the hupla around the MV1 I thought I should revisit the esv. Huge clouds and great taste. It used to be that stirring a convection vape was a sign it didn't work well but no one with the MV1 seems to care. I know I just got lucky with an early model #38 but have to report that it's still going strong.

Stirring is the bane of my existence. If the Elevape vaped the whole bowl evenly it would be one of the top on demand units out there. Damn shame it doesn't, and that the stir lid is a sub par solution.

namasteIII,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I am brand new to vaping as of tomorrow when I go buy this one lol!! It seems to be top of the line and I want something that's going to last. How fine do I bust the weed? Does it matter how wet or dry? What is the difference in the settings 1,2 and 3? And most importantly, can you smell weed?! Like I can just smoke this wherever and people won't smell weed when I exhale lol!? These are probably crazy questions to you pros lol!! I smoke about 10 grams a week, is using the vape going to get me high using less?? Thanks so much in advance to whoever answers my slew of questions ❤️

You've come to the right place at least! Since you're brand new to it all, you may be fine with the Elevape out of the box, I have used it with people brand new who have no trouble, there are just a lot of ins and outs to any vape that you learn with experience. Yes definitely check out the thread for the original ESV, myself and others have all the info you'll ever need in there though it can be a lot to sift through. For starters just load enough medium ground herb in to cover the screen and give it a puff in the lowest setting. Then you can see how that is and go from there, good luck!

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: vapen00b

kbrown5523

Hopping in Washington
I had such high hopes for my ESV 2.0. I get a really bad hot spot and I've even sent it in and was told it's working as it should. If not for the burnt herb, I'd love it. As it is, my most expensive disappointment by far.

kbrown5523,

Ashcorbett

You've come to the right place at least! Since you're brand new to it all, you may be fine with the Elevape out of the box, I have used it with people brand new who have no trouble, there are just a lot of ins and outs to any vape that you learn with experience. Yes definitely check out the thread for the original ESV, myself and others have all the info you'll ever need in there though it can be a lot to sift through. For starters just load enough medium ground herb in to cover the screen and give it a puff in the lowest setting. Then you can see how that is and go from there, good luck!

Thank you for your input!! Sorry I'm just seeing this now!! I do have a quick question...it says you should clean the screen every 10-20 uses, the screen of the piece that you take off in order to put the herb in...hopefully I'm describing that right lol! Can I just unscrew it and dip it in some rubbing alcohol to clean it? Thanks :)

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Thank you for your input!! Sorry I'm just seeing this now!! I do have a quick question...it says you should clean the screen every 10-20 uses, the screen of the piece that you take off in order to put the herb in...hopefully I'm describing that right lol! Can I just unscrew it and dip it in some rubbing alcohol to clean it? Thanks :)

Yes yes, the other screen in the body rarely needs cleaning, but the one in the lid does require it fairly frequently in my experience (10-20 sounds right) so it helps to have some spares. 91% ISO alcohol is perfect (70 works too just not quite as well) to soak in, I used shot glasses and then after several hours rinsed in hot water while scrubbing gently with a little steel brush I got with my indica vape (I'm sure they can be found on their own). You can actually even soak the entire lid, a trick we used to do in the early days was fill the cap of the ISO bottle and let the lid rest on it with the screen side dipped in. If you clean more often that should work very well, you just can't get inside and really scrub clean like my ocd mind prefers, but I also didn't do it as often as I couldve /shouldve... Oh and you can use a hairdryer to dry pieces quicker too btw

There was also a method we did in the original thread, the bottle cap screen, a way to get rid of the screw in the lid that seemed to work much better in my experience. I also had two lids though which was even better than swapping screens, so I could go even longer without a cleaning. The maintenance isn't too bad and it is relatively quick and simple, I am just so lazy with that and go as long as I can lol

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: vapen00b

Ashcorbett

Yes yes, the other screen in the body rarely needs cleaning, but the one in the lid does require it fairly frequently in my experience (10-20 sounds right) so it helps to have some spares. 91% ISO alcohol is perfect (70 works too just not quite as well) to soak in, I used shot glasses and then after several hours rinsed in hot water while scrubbing gently with a little steel brush I got with my indica vape (I'm sure they can be found on their own). You can actually even soak the entire lid, a trick we used to do in the early days was fill the cap of the ISO bottle and let the lid rest on it with the screen side dipped in. If you clean more often that should work very well, you just can't get inside and really scrub clean like my ocd mind prefers, but I also didn't do it as often as I couldve /shouldve... Oh and you can use a hairdryer to dry pieces quicker too btw

There was also a method we did in the original thread, the bottle cap screen, a way to get rid of the screw in the lid that seemed to work much better in my experience. I also had two lids though which was even better than swapping screens, so I could go even longer without a cleaning. The maintenance isn't too bad and it is relatively quick and simple, I am just so lazy with that and go as long as I can lol

You are the best advice giver I love it lol! Thanks a lot for your responses :)

OyVape

Even with the "bottle cap" lid screen, there are little channels under it that need cleaning out pretty often with a q-tip, toothpick or toothbrush.

This was my absolute favorite vape, --when it was working. Unfortunately I had to send it in for repairs 5 times in less than a year. The problem I sent it in for would be fixed but it seemed to come back with other problems. Plus, adjusting the coil was too much for my old-ish eyes to deal with. Then the battery died after not using it for a while. So, sadly, it's just been sitting.

Also, you should know that the warranty does not apply if you haven't purchased it new.

Joe (the inventor) was very helpful when I could reach him. But sadly, there were just too many issues to invest any more time, hassle and money in getting it to work right consistently . When it did, The taste, coolness of vapor and small-size stealth were so awesome. I wish my experience had been better....

b0

Cloudy...
Even with the "bottle cap" lid screen, there are little channels under it that need cleaning out pretty often with a q-tip, toothpick or toothbrush.

This was my absolute favorite vape, --when it was working. Unfortunately I had to send it in for repairs 5 times in less than a year. The problem I sent it in for would be fixed but it seemed to come back with other problems. Plus, adjusting the coil was too much for my old-ish eyes to deal with. Then the battery died after not using it for a while. So, sadly, it's just been sitting.

Also, you should know that the warranty does not apply if you haven't purchased it new.

Joe (the inventor) was very helpful when I could reach him. But sadly, there were just too many issues to invest any more time, hassle and money in getting it to work right consistently . When it did, The taste, coolness of vapor and small-size stealth were so awesome. I wish my experience had been better....

Exactly my experience, between that and the pita that is to deep clean it I will never recommend this vape. It's a shame, because it really had a lot of potential.

vapecat

Exactly my experience, between that and the pita that is to deep clean it I will never recommend this vape. It's a shame, because it really had a lot of potential.
The exact same experience I had too, along with the same feelings. I really wish there was a reliable vape out there with the same concept. I have really fond memories of some of the amazing tasty and cool clouds I got from my ESV, all with on-demand heating.

jazzyvapeman

Those with negative experiences are you talking about the 2.0? I've had mine for 10 months now and haven't had any issues.

I did email Joe recently (twice) about a magnetic attaching washer falling off of my lid and I haven't heard back. Is this company still around?

jazzyvapeman,

OyVape

@jazzyvapeman, my experience was with the ESV1.0.

I don’t know anything about the company (a small division of a larger tech company).

Sometimes when I couldn’t reach Joe, he was in Europe dealing with business. If you can’t get him by phone or text, try email.

kbrown5523

Hopping in Washington
Those with negative experiences are you talking about the 2.0? I've had mine for 10 months now and haven't had any issues.
Mine is a 2.0. So disappointed with it. If it didn't combust my herb I'd be saying it's the best vape around. I was so shocked when I got mine back and Joe said it was working as expected. He said my coil was jacked when I sent it in, but it worked EXACTLY the same after he replaced it for me.

I did have some issues getting a hold of him before I sent mine in for service, but he was in Europe then and did get back to me as soon as he got back.

kbrown5523,

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
I had such high hopes for my ESV 2.0. I get a really bad hot spot and I've even sent it in and was told it's working as it should. If not for the burnt herb, I'd love it. As it is, my most expensive disappointment by far.

Have you tried lowering the temp to about 305* and then fill only half way with small chunks/bits of herb?

That works for me with the OG...still need to stir every 2-3 hits, sadly.

Fat Freddy,

Other Side

Retailer
Retailer
The ESV provided some of the largest, coolest and tastiest hits I ever had. And then it didn't......

I could never get it to operate consistently no matter draw speed, coil position, bottle cap top, grind size or what have you. So I shoved it away for good. I keep it but I'm not pulling it out. Battery is probably toast not anyway.

It's a shame too because when it worked it was great and Joe was a good guy IMO. It's too bad to see where this has all gone.

kbrown5523

Hopping in Washington
Have you tried lowering the temp to about 305* and then fill only half way with small chunks/bits of herb?

That works for me with the OG...still need to stir every 2-3 hits, sadly.

I've tried EVERYTHING. I really wanted it to work out for me. When I do get a rare good hit, it's awesome, it makes me sad for the majority of times when it isn't good.

The ESV provided some of the largest, coolest and tastiest hits I ever had. And then it didn't......

I could never get it to operate consistently no matter draw speed, coil position, bottle cap top, grind size or what have you. So I shoved it away for good. I keep it but I'm not pulling it out. Battery is probably toast not anyway.

It's a shame too because when it worked it was great and Joe was a good guy IMO. It's too bad to see where this has all gone.
I never got the largest hits, but I did get the rare fine hit that would have made it a definite in my rotation, and great for using out and about, but the good hit feels like one in a million. If it's not burning my herb it's giving me wispy, barely there vapor, or I didn't draw right and it flickers mid hit.

With my Grasshopper I get almost instant heat and it NEVER burns the herb and there's no need to stir and I can take as long or short of a hit as I want. I originally got the ESV over a Grasshopper because I was so scared of the unreliability of the Grasshopper. On paper there was more to appeal to me with the ESV too, but the reality is VERY different. That was a lot of money for me and even IF I could sell it, I'm sure I won't be able to recoup much of that money back.

Other Side

Retailer
Retailer
Yeah now that I think about it, largest is probably not an accurate way to describe but I did have some super nice ones here and there.

Idoru

It's a shame if the company is down, I was expecting to see it for ever... imo it's still the smaller and more on-demand unit in the market, impressive performances idiotproof, amazing taste... if everything is set properly and it doesn't seems to be always the case!
Is somebody tried to contact Sandor, the guy in Europe which was working with Joe...?

Yea it IS a shame and everything points to a company that is close to down while I am close to regretting my purchase (via the Europe department), which I haven't received yet but it might be tomorrow. I hardly get any reply on the emails I send which is verrry frustrating. What do I have to do? Cancel the purchase? I guess that's still an option for me. I love(D) the fact of great customer support, reading that all over the place for the elevape. It's more like they have to get rid of a bunch that doesn't fit their profile anymore now.

I'm a newbie when it comes to vaping, I read the warnings here but was willing to go for it with such great support behind the Elevape!

My appetite is pretty much gone guys. And tomorrow I'm the dispirited owner of an Elevape smart. What would you do?

Last edited:

Modicum

Idoru, you paid a "pretty penny'' for the ESV2. Get your money back , anybody on this forum can tell you 5 or more better vapes to buy and one that I can think of off the top of my head ,well you could get 2 for what you paid for yours . The Esv was nice but never consistent ,you couldn't really enjoy the thing, always having
to unlock it ,take it apart, make sure that the dancing coil was set at 32 degrees on Mon and 71.5 every other Thurs.and don't forget we must massage the electric eye. At no time does anything work together in this unit but for some strange reason we all call back to talk to Joe, who is one of the best in the business and a great
guy.

Top Bottom