Eating Reclaim

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
For a few months, I cleaned my dabbers, my nails, my stems, my adapters, dropdowns, etc, all in these two containers of ISO. I used to just scrape my stems and dab that, and occasionally just scrape oil reclaim out of my adapters and dropdowns, but while vapor reclaim is really tasty and strong in my experience, oil reclaim always sizzles and I don't like dabbing it, taste yucky but does get me high.

So, I figured I would just let it accumulate, and accumulate it did! Should of took a photo, was quite dark....amber dark. No combustion cleaning in this ISO either :)

Strained out some particulates, and evaporated it on electric stove...took about 1.5-2 hours on low heat. (2-3 out of 10) Scraped it up. Ewww looks yucky, very dark, very sticky....super hard to handle less its cool. I have made my own ISO hash before and it was much nicer looking :lol: but still didn't taste amazing, so I wasn't huge on dabbing or vaping this stuff.

I have big edible tolerance, never been able to get high off edibles really other than when I make my own (very strong). And even then, probably can count on one hand. Strongest time was when I mixed hash with my coffee though, so I was looking forward to trying this.

Ate .3 Wednesday, was in SPACE!! For a LONG time. I did not have anything to empty to fill as a "capsule" but what I did, and idk how kosher but I have done it before in my younger days to seemingly no ill effects ;) but I just took a little tiny piece of tissue and wrapped it around the dab so it would get stuck to my teeth or throat or anything, and just swallowed it like a pill with some coffee. Took a solid hour to hour and a half for it to hit, but I was wrecked for a long time with minimal vaping/dabbing during it, and passed out very early because of it :lol:

Does anyone else do this? Or is cooking with it the preferred MO? I figured it would be perfect since reclaim in of itself decarbed right? And the effects seemed to prove so at least! I did have lots of fats on my stomach anyways cause I eat horrible :lol: I highly recommend it! Tasteless, potent, small profile, and easy! Easy to assemble too, I just dabbed it up on a dabber, and wrapped....very little tissue maybe a centimeter square.

Just wanted to share the experience and see if there were any like minded folk :) as someone who very rarely gets wrecked off edibles this highly appeals to me since I got really wrecked with little work, and didn't have to spend time cooking to get minimally wrecked!

killick

But I like it!
That sounds kinda fun (if you were sorta prepared for it and all). I was only going to mention another way to eat wee globs like that - a spoonful of honey, insert glob of reclaim, and stir with toothpick, skewer, butterknife, etc. Honey distributes oil nicely.

I have a bunch of glass to clean, including the glass from the DrDabber eRig, which has a ton of buildup from me being really crappy at dropping things where they are supposed to go... Will see if we can compare results?

Dramma Lamma

Looks like a job for!
I kinda went a few steps further.
  • Add Limonine in a 1:1 ratio to the reclaim.
  • Filter the reclaim/limonine solution to get out nail crust and other junk (I use cheese cloth and a mini funnel.)
  • Add MCT oil to that solution in a 1:1 ratio.
  • However much MCT oil you just added, now add half that amount in grape seed oil.
  • Add Lecithin(liquid, or dissolve some in MCT first) the amount to this should be fairly low, like 1/10th the total volume.
  • Add a big old splash or 2 of lemongrass essential oil.
  • Gently heat in a bath of warm water till it is all one smooth color and texture.
  • Allow to cool to room temp.
  • Freeze for a few hours or overnight.
  • Allow to thaw to room temperature.
  • Use a small dipper to put them into capsules.
This increases the bio-avalibility of the reclaim, and makes it so you don't taste anything bad ever.

Its pretty quick and cheap, the resulting caps also floor basically everyone. I work in a dispensary and give them out often, never had someone say they didn't notice it working.

For more info about this process and more visit http://www.badkatscannapharm.com/

Dramma Lamma

Looks like a job for!
Limonine gets the reclaim into solution instantly, no stirring or lotsa effort to get a full dissolve like MCT oil alone.

Supposedly ingesting limonine causes your body to increase uptake of similar terpenes, so it makes you digest and get the active ingredients into the blood stream quicker (supposedly.)

Finally, when you burp after a reclaim cap it tastes horrible. Adding limonine makes it so the burps now just taste like citrus.

Dramma Lamma,
Reactions: killick

weenstoned

Usually I just dissolve reclaim into coconut oil (could easily be swapped for mct) and heat it work a while in a double boiler, don't really find it takes more than a couple of stirs to dissolve. Then I just combine the oil with Belgian chocolate from the bulk store. Barely tastes different from the Belgian chocolate alone.

I have used lecithin but I am not sure it is actually doing much or necessary and haven't ever had any potency problems since I stopped using it.

weenstoned,

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
For a few months, I cleaned my dabbers, my nails, my stems, my adapters, dropdowns, etc, all in these two containers of ISO. I used to just scrape my stems and dab that, and occasionally just scrape oil reclaim out of my adapters and dropdowns, but while vapor reclaim is really tasty and strong in my experience, oil reclaim always sizzles and I don't like dabbing it, taste yucky but does get me high.

So, I figured I would just let it accumulate, and accumulate it did! Should of took a photo, was quite dark....amber dark. No combustion cleaning in this ISO either :)

Strained out some particulates, and evaporated it on electric stove...took about 1.5-2 hours on low heat. (2-3 out of 10) Scraped it up. Ewww looks yucky, very dark, very sticky....super hard to handle less its cool. I have made my own ISO hash before and it was much nicer looking :lol: but still didn't taste amazing, so I wasn't huge on dabbing or vaping this stuff.

I have big edible tolerance, never been able to get high off edibles really other than when I make my own (very strong). And even then, probably can count on one hand. Strongest time was when I mixed hash with my coffee though, so I was looking forward to trying this.

Ate .3 Wednesday, was in SPACE!! For a LONG time. I did not have anything to empty to fill as a "capsule" but what I did, and idk how kosher but I have done it before in my younger days to seemingly no ill effects ;) but I just took a little tiny piece of tissue and wrapped it around the dab so it would get stuck to my teeth or throat or anything, and just swallowed it like a pill with some coffee. Took a solid hour to hour and a half for it to hit, but I was wrecked for a long time with minimal vaping/dabbing during it, and passed out very early because of it :lol:

Does anyone else do this? Or is cooking with it the preferred MO? I figured it would be perfect since reclaim in of itself decarbed right? And the effects seemed to prove so at least! I did have lots of fats on my stomach anyways cause I eat horrible :lol: I highly recommend it! Tasteless, potent, small profile, and easy! Easy to assemble too, I just dabbed it up on a dabber, and wrapped....very little tissue maybe a centimeter square.

Just wanted to share the experience and see if there were any like minded folk :) as someone who very rarely gets wrecked off edibles this highly appeals to me since I got really wrecked with little work, and didn't have to spend time cooking to get minimally wrecked!

I just made Claim Brownies with little green M&M's to mark them ;) I use a drop down or reclaim adapter just so I don't have to use ISO, but I do the same thing. As soon as my drop down had a bunch in it I heat it a little with a torch and pour it out to use in my edibles. To cook with it I just slowly heat it up with the oil needed for the recipe and stir, Viola!

You can put this in capsules and just eat it since it's already decarbed when you dabbed it. but I find it takes FOREVER to hit me this way. If I melt it into oil and cook with it I get higher, faster.

As for dosages, I figure my reclaim is from VERY good shit (75-85% shatter/wax) so the reclaim is probably at least 60% medicinals, heavy in CBD's. So each gram would contain approx. 600mg of THC/CBD's If you like a good heavy dose I like to aim for 100mg per dose. So for a batch of 12 brownies I put in 2 grams of reclaim. These WILL fuck you up :party: If you like them less potent (or more) go from there but that will get you started. Keep in mind a lot of dispensary edibles are only 25mg so keep that in mind if those do it for you. You would only need 1/2 gram of reclaim per 12 brownies to get that desired dose.

mrbonsai420,
Reactions: LarryYo

Vessel

I usually just eat it plain, the taste lingers which is both a bit favorable and unfavorable . I am always surprised how effective eating it is though,
I'll try mixing what I've recently scooped up with honey or something nice. For extracting reclaim from glass I believe one should use a grain ethanol like ever clear; and the end product seems best for edibles. -Even with a proper cold winterized (wax/fats) purge, dabbing it seems a bit off in my experience, I believe eating it is more effective and mitigates any harmful effects that one might get by vaporizing the oil and bringing it into the lungs.

Though I may be biased.

I use to do a lot of various ISO purges and I wish I never started with that method, end product never seemed right and I believe is quite harmful to the body. Mind you I was using 90% store grade iso and not anything proper medical grade.

Vessel,
Top Bottom