e-joint/cig question, which to use?

lesvape

Queer in a high haze
I have been doing a good bit of research on this and not sure which is better to use with one of these. I will be using a little over a gram of ABV of good stuff with $25 worth of trimmings and shake(1lbs I think) for this, however which is more effective to use for an e-joint as I have seen a few different answers. The two common ones are propylene glycerin(PG) and other being grain alcohol or high content rubbing alcohol. I prefer not trying both, hence I am asking the smart people here. Which do you guys suggest/think is the most effective method one should try, or is there something else even better than that? Thank you.

lesvape,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
There are several threads here on the subject. Many of us have come to the same conclusion.

If you get a mixture that is able to work in an ecig it will kill your atomizers. Oils & atomizers don't mix. The mixes that sorta work aren't worth the hassle. You'd have to puff non-stop for a long time to realize any effects and by that time your atty will suffer or die. It is also not recommended to use alcohol in ecigs though TEENY amounts are used in some flavors to dilute menthol.

Many methods have been tried here, infusing PG/VG... infusing alcohol reduce/reconstitute in PG/VG. If it was possible and worthwhile believe me, I'd be doing it and many others as well. Not as easy as it sounds lol.

Lo,

lesvape

Queer in a high haze
Thansk for the reply. What about going with a higher power atomizer? And how the vaporrush or vapor pen which can be used with THC work?

Okay another question. Lets say I soak and/or heat up the material in the e-liquid(nicotine free of course) could that work?

lesvape,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
i think i recently saw someone write they were able to get more into suspension by heating, or mitigate the separation in the bottle - you still won't be happy with the high unless you vape a lot of fluid or get the concentration really high like extracting THC then putting it into the e-juice, and then it would be wasteful.

looking at the vapor rush it's an Ego style e-cig, the atomizers (attys) haven't been modified in those too much, except for removing parts to make them produce more vapor- like de-wicking or de-bridging, which would not change the way oil sits and burns on the filiment or atty coil.
they probably are just playing with the solution - if you keep the cannabis extract in an oily form you'll have trouble with the e-cigs from china, and even the new Genesis atomizers being developed by the e-cig user community.

you can see in step one that it's just a normal atty screwed onto a bigger e-cig battery, which is covered by a metal cone before the mouthpiece/cart is attached to the top of the atty

China_JoOYE_EGO_E_Cigarette20106111245535.jpg

VWFringe,

lesvape

Queer in a high haze
Well I just recently got the Joye 510 from a the Vapor Spot Bar out in L.A. just to see if I can get something going. But, the owner seemed to be fairly knowledgeable on this issue and he said most of thc based one he tried had poor taste and were a bit weak. Told me if I wanted to try it, I should use kief as it has a lower combustion point. And most have said here that oil can clog the atty up.

He also went of to say the Vapor Rush(VR) was a larger, poor knock off of the Joy Ego(which he also carries). He even showed me the Vapor Rush the VR left him compared to the real Ego and you could tell quality was a bit off on the VR model, specially on the button. He said besides the battery there isn't much of a difference between the Ego and 510 in terms of how hot atty gets(Ego's atty maybe larger, but it doesn't get hotter). He things that since the Rush had tasted like it maybe have been made with a small amount of alcohol mixed with PG(glycol), that could work; but, you have to make sure that their isn't much alcohol being vaped as vaping alcohol in itself is bad for your health.

In my search I found a thread on this site that a local club in the San Fernando valley called Suite 215 is selling what looks to be a rebranded Ego with THC cartridges under the name omicron. They also have another model they are selling called Ime-o which maybe a rebrand of something called GGBT. Even have youtube videos of the both devices up.
http://fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=4916

So, I guess this brings up the question what formula are these companies used to make it work with these pens? Should we be using VG, PG, ISO, or some other type of liquid with kief or another lower temp combustion thc to work.

lesvape,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
"knock off" in the e-cig world doesn't mean much
atomizer ohms
battery voltage & mah
those matter

it's the same atomizer technology, deep inside there's this coil being heated as liquid is sprayed against the wire, but in use it should not be red hot as that causes VG degradation products that are bad for you. Mine doesn't glow red unless it runs dry. I'm carefull not to let it burn bright red for more than a second. With fluid I only run it for 4-5 seconds at 11 watts.

H2O2_4.5Vburn.jpg

Even though some people flavor E-Liquid with a few percent oil, it causes a need for additional maintenance of the atomizer (weekly boiling)

it's made to vaporize PG and VG mixes at relatively low heat, which is the opposite of what you want to do with hash oil

and then there's the problem with potency...if each e-cig vaping session is 3-6 drops, and your actives can only occupy 20% of those six drops, will you be able to get fully medicated?

also, you may exhale 30-40% of your actives, if vaped with PG, as it's droplet size is too large to be absorbed through the lungs...this may reduce the bio-availability of the actives
...unless you ghost each hit, and then you may be ingesting too much PG

no, I believe we're talking about trying to get that coil of nichrome to do something it's not built to do, it's not a ti-nail and globe, and adding PG or PG/VG makes it a poor mix...but i'll keep an open mind because i really want it to work

maybe making a custom atomizer with a 510 connection...? to just vape straight dabs tho, not with PG

I think better to miniaturize an oil rig than to use an e-cig

there's another thread on the board where people are theorizing about the needed elements of the "next gen" vape, portability should probably be added.

VWFringe,

lesvape

Queer in a high haze
Well I have the VG bat, but I want to move to something that is a bit smaller than the bat, but with out the the use of lighters. Kind of like the NO2 but closer to the size of the VG bat. I haven't found anything like that yet(unless something just recently came out I just missed. Hence why I'm looking at using an e-cig as its a nice size.

lesvape,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
my latest idea would be to use a slip of titanium in a wood holder, made to look like a wooden match...and you heat the tip of it with a torch, then use that to lite your dabs on

a pinch-hitter (single-hit tobacco pipe) with Healthstone in the tip would be used

i don't know if it would work, but i kind of like the idea of reversing the heat role of the dabber with the nail in a globe setup

VWFringe,
I recently tried a vaporizer this weekend called the Vapertonix Revolution.

They have an E-Vaporizer solution which can be infused with herbs. I think 1 bottle can infuse 14 grams (half oz. :-)

The flavor I tried was called Chronic Cappuccino. Tastes very similar to an e-cigarette.

Check em out at vapetronix.com

I'll be ordering mine by next payday so hopefully I can provide a review for others.

Modnote: Please do not double-post or cross-post the same message in multiple forums. Please review the forum rules.

islander420,
Top Bottom