E-cigs or Regular?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotboxvapebongin

I was wondering how many of the FC population still smokes cigarettes. I know I have cut back smoking anything may it be weed or cigarettes, since I started vaping that is. Do you all smoke cigs or has the new vapor way of life helped you all quit?? I'm very curious to hear from you all. Also what about e-cigs? Are they a healthy alternative? I don't really trust them yet because not much research has been put into them since the big Tobacco corporations keeps the e-cigs from becoming too big.

Hotboxvapebongin,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I tried to quit with e-cigs about the same time I switched to vaporizing weed. I only made it a month, but I no longer set fire to my herb, so I guess you could say that I have had mixed results. I've been smoking "analogs" for about 30 years and I have found it extremely difficult to quit.

For me the bottom line is that vaporizers for weed have been able to fully replace my weed smoking, while e-cigs just couldn't give me what I needed for my nicotine habit.

:peace:

Stu,

Bodhi Diesel

Cannabis Snob
Quit smoking tobacco in '97 cold turkey after 30 years... all it took was a major heart attack at age 49.

Still smoked joints (never liked pipes or bongs at all) like I'd done since 1961 up until '99 when I switched to vaping, although I would smoke 2-3 joints a year until 2002 when I started vaping exclusively.

Bodhi Diesel,

djonkoman

I haven't quit, it's impossible since I never started with tobacco :D
tried my first puff from a cig right after I smoked a joint for the first time, but never liked tobacco, it tastes and smells nasty, makes me couch, irritates my throat and I hate the nicotinerush

was funny when at one moment all my friends and people around me started smoking in highschool, few years later one after the other tried to quit but all failed, while I was the laughing third that never started

also when I still combusted my weed I always smoked pure(mixed with tobacco is the norm here)

djonkoman,

Qbit

cannabanana
djonkoman said:
I haven't quit, it's impossible since I never started with tobacco :D
tried my first puff from a cig right after I smoked a joint for the first time, but never liked tobacco, it tastes and smells nasty, makes me couch, irritates my throat and I hate the nicotinerush

No, tobacco makes you cough.
It's Weed that makes you couch. ;)

Qbit,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
I'm almost 2.5 years tobacco free thanks to ecigs. They do work... I'm up on the literature and safety. Despite the bad info that has been pushed in the media there are studies out there showing that ecigs are about 4,000 times safer than cigarette smoking.

It takes some fiddling and to many becomes a bit of a hobby but with the newer devices, people are having an easier time transitioning to ecigs now than they did when I started in 2009.

I highly recommend them myself as I can't count the number of people I've helped get started who are thrilled with their transition.

We have a thread here but really the most info can be found on the giant ecig forum.
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=389

www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/

If you have questions or need personal help please feel free to email me. Switching to ecigs has had such a positive impact on my life that I spend a fair amount of my free time helping others with them. I'm not a vendor, don't make a dime in the industry.

Lo,

Hotboxvapebongin

Thanks Lo.. I am seriously considering purchasing a setup to get started with the e-cigs. I am just so tired of being 21 feeling like 31 hehe. Thanks for all the great info !

Hotboxvapebongin,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Ecigs absolutely work! I am analog free for almost 2 years after 15 years of smoking. Got a good friend (a 20+ year smoker) on ecigs recently and he quit the first day. He is now 2 months cig free and feeling great! He keeps telling me I helped save his life, which I kinda did :) The key is to get an ecig that hits hard enough to replicate a real cig. Higher nicotine mg is good for when you first try to switch. I still use 30mg (high) liquid now almost 2 years later. I could use less, but then I vape more liquid. I'm good after 4-5 ecig hits. I think the higher nic mg helps replicate analogs as well.

And most people say you have to WANT to quit cigs in order to successfully quit....when I first got mine I had no intentions of quitting, just wanted a new toy to smoke in places where I couldn't smoke. After 1 week of using both, switching was inevitable and the obvious thing to do!

Once I had kicked the analog habit, a week or 2 later I decided to give vaping herb a try. Figured it was kind of dumb to still be killing my lungs with weed. Quit combusting the first day I got my ol Vapir lol

I used to LOVE smoking cigs and weed, now the thought and smell of it absolutely disgusts me.

And like Lo said, you have to fiddle and mess with them alot, but that habit easily replaces the time you spent smoking. Ecigs keep you busy at first. I've got it down to a science now so there is just a little maintenance anymore. Its all just a new routine.

JDSupreme,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom