DynaVap's Turtle Brand Case

Mono Loco

Hi, all.
I just noticed that DynaVap is now offering a couple new "Kits", and both contain their Hard Shell case made by Turtle (www.turtlecase.com, model 503, customized, it appears, with foam cutouts and DynaVap branding).

Has anyone tried this case?

I see on Amazon, some similar offerings that are about the same price but are made in USA ... which I'd prefer, if the Turtle is made overseas. The Turtle does not indicate its country of origin, so ... when companies do that, it typically means "made in China". Now ... I don't wanna' get into any debates about Chinese goods - we all know that so much is junk, but top-quality is also possible (even likely if from a US-owned company), etc... For me, I simply prefer to buy USA products when possible, especially if the price-point is comparable. That being said, I'd be more inclined to but a quality Chinese product over a poorly-quality USA product. If price and quality (and feature set) are more or less equal, then I'll generally try to keep it home-grown!

Below are the first two USA offering that look comparable, on the surface (haven't compared the actual specs. yet). There might be many more out there, but I just started looking into it.

Pelican 1120 (this model available in several colors, but pelican makes a ton of cases, at all price-levels)
Seahorse SE300F (many color options, even a girly pink!)

I'm sure the Turtle is a good product, as George wouldn't be offering it if didn't think so. What say you?
Any other cases you prefer? (I known I've seen various posts, but can't remember where ... links would be appreciated - TIA)

Mono Loco,
Reactions: Summer

Kimosabe

Educator/Cannabis Evangelist
I have a Chinese knock-off Pelican style do-dad for my Plenty. If you are going to carry around something this size, why not a small desktop? Here I thought the whole advantage of the Dynasphere was "tiny is tastier"

Kimosabe,
Reactions: iBloke
Top Bottom