Dynavap VapCap Cleaning Issue. Disassembling of VapCap

Farid

The only way I can imagine getting buildup on the disks would be to heat up the vap and blow out through it instead of inhale. And even this would only get a minimal buildup since the airflow just brushes past the disk.

I've taken apart old heavily used caps that I accidentally dented - the buildup was so minimal, and was only on the side of the clicker disk that is visible. This disassembly is just completely unnecessary.

There's nothing in the cap to maintain. The area between the discs doesn't get resin on it because it sealed. I dont know why that's so hard for you to understand.

If I'm wrong, I would like to see some evidence because right now we have no evidence of it.

I'm not doing surgery on my cap for some imaginary restoration of performance / flavor.
1. If you can see in your eyes the discs - so it's not hermetically.
Post image

Here the picture.
Right - Vapcap after removing disks, use of 15 days after cleaning.
Left - Vapcap after removing disks, immediately after cleaning.

So, you can see bottom of vapcap BEHIND the discs.

Camera isn't catching it perfectly, by it not a problem to see yellow-brown-colourization on right.
This is not just layer of colour, it's little bit sticky as well. So, this layer is very thin, but in narrow places (between age of disc and cap) it kind of critical, if you use the vapcap as low-draw-resistance-device with completely open air-port during the draw, with condenser, that placed just about 1mm inside of the tip.

Last edited:

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Photo from above:
8b3q2wk7kwba1.jpg

For the record I can't see the point of this. Seems like a lot of work for no benefit.

Grass Yes,
I’d wager, the seal is mechanical, made by a machine. And while not 100% sealed, meaning air and liquid proof, the inside is certainly more insulated from basic reclaim vapor. If the cap were 100% sealed, I doubt Dynavap would have posted the video on their YouTube channel on “How to soak the cap”. Using that information I devised my own technique, posted in this thread if I recall. I think I did it twice, just to prove they still work, after a long dry out period, not because I felt the cap was not performing properly.

The problem with this whole premise, is how difficult it would be to prove if there is any difference. To prove it to oneself, mark a cap that you NEVER soak clean, keep a record of your subjective results, the time period would be dependent on how often you use that one cap. In my case, it would be a long time, as I rotate devices, as well as many different DV’s & caps. At whatever point you believe the cap is not performing the way it did when new, you do a SOAK CLEAN. If you are HAPPY, end of experiment.

Personally, I wouldn’t bother, I have far too many things to test, that I prioritize way over a DV debate on something I don’t consider a performance issue. Even for me, I think this crosses the OCD line, but whatever makes a person happy and satisfied is the correct answer for that individual.

Now how much time have I wasted writing this…… :(
Man, you did it again! 7 minutes, 44 seconds at 21/12/22 and today, what about today, you have count?

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Thank you! How you made it? I tried via 'insert image button' - that gave only "link option"
That is a how I did it. I always advise folks to familiarize themselves with the features and conventions of this forum. The sandbox thread is especially helpful for photos.

While we are off-topic, you should have a look at the multi quote feature. Back to back posting is discouraged here. Also you have the ability to edit posts for a short time after posting.

Grass Yes,
Reactions: 0796

hinglemccringleberry

Maybe he took the advice "clean your Vapcap" too literally and he's meticulously cleaning the cap only, while the rest of his device is dirtier than an oil rig because he doesn't realize that the rest of the device is what you're supposed to clean.

hinglemccringleberry,
Maybe he took the advice "clean your Vapcap" too literally and he's meticulously cleaning the cap only, while the rest of his device is dirtier than an oil rig because he doesn't realize that the rest of the device is what you're supposed to clean.
Show me your tip, and I will show my))

Hmmm, suddenly I realised - almost everyone thinks I talk bullshit, and over people suggest, I just cleaning freak.

So I will be very happy to know, who I'm talking to?

Maybe somebody will be happy to join to RustOldNail, spend some time and share his dynavap technique?

Something basic.

sativa/indica -

dose -

level of high -

packed tight/fluffy -

water/dry -

heating cycles -

draw -

ti-tip/ss-tip -

stem-condenser -

butane/induction -

with FMJ/without -

air-port closed/air-port opened -

breaks for zero-tolerance yes / no -

(copy/paste/fill)

And of course! Pictures!!! We're talking about cleanness!!!
3 photos: tip outside, cap inside, avb of one dose on white paper of your next session (no cheating!! :) ) to see all greens and blacks in your avb.

Mine.

sativa/indica - high-sativa only

dose - 0.015 gr per dose/quater of chamber, 5 sessions per day, 0.5 gr per week without friends

level of high - little bit under the line when I can't work on comp and must lay down

packed tight/fluffy - fluffy

water/dry - dry only

heating cycles - 5

draw - one slow draw from click to click

ti-tip/ss-tip - ti-tip.gen 6, old version

stem-condenser - dynavap ti-gen 1, dynavap ti XL condenser - spinning mouthpiece, condenser inside of tip for 1mm.

butane/induction - butane triple-torch, 1 jet on top - 2 jets on bottom. lighter complete vertical, cap - 45° to flame, flame - 1.5cm, 2 bottom flames almost touch the cap.

with FMJ/without - without

air-port closed/air-port opened - complete opened

breaks for zero-tolerance yes / no - yes, 7 days vaping, 10 days rest

Post image

The left tip is 2 years old just got out of cleaning.

The left cap just got out of cleaning, the right one - 15 days of use after cleaning.

Scale is in cm.

So now we will see, who talks bullshit!!!

Of course, I'm joking, we all 1, peace, but - share info. Everyone likes to talk about his own dynavap-technique. Especially, when nobody asks.

Dynavap is analog device with a lot of different ways to use, so It's more easy to understand each other, when you know how the person use.

The posts "What? To waste my time on internet???" are welcome!

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Maybe somebody will be happy to join to RustOldNail, spend some time and share?

As I’ve grown older, like a fine wine… ha ha, more like vinegar….
I’ve come to at times reflect my own OCD tendencies, and have learned I’m no better or worse when it comes to whatever passion someone engages in that doesn’t hurt anyone else, and at the least can be entertaining. I only started watching and participating in this thread, when at first I dismissed it. But, I’m a curious person, and always wondered what the inside of a DV CAP looked like. And the OG poster was going there. And the emotional responses make a mundane subject entertaining.

You all realize that the TIP, is the foundation for the entire George Dynavap business. I’m positive he didn’t invent the science of the bi-metal discs buckling at a certain temperature, or if he was directly involved with figuring out the metals, sizes, etc., but without the CLICK, there is no DV. So yes, smart man to get to market, and be successful.

A subtle troll here… or just someone that likes taking things apart like many of us?

I get into OCD stuff, around batteries, and measuring accurate temperatures and humidity, many don’t care or understand, but it’s fun and a learning experience for ME!

The next time I OCD on my DV caps, I’ll submerge them in a small glass container, placed on a coffee mug warmer, with the reusable and SAFE, “Dark Crystal Clear”. I’d also bet my cheaper disposable full strength “Simple Green Crystal”, another SAFE cleaning solution, that should not be heated.

So how do I know this… by spending time and money, but only learning that my 99% ISO couldn’t touch heated, burned on RESIN VAPOR, but these other cleaning solutions can. These caps at $20.00/each are not something I’ll probably ever pry open, but I did appreciate the internal photos.

So anyone can do the test now, try either or both liquid soak solutions I mentioned, one cap is your untouched BASELINE, same amount of tokes on the caps on the same tip, same amount of herb. Please post back with photos in six months, after cleaning, and taken apart. Good luck! :)

RustyOldNail,
As I’ve grown older, like a fine wine… ha ha, more like vinegar….
I’ve come to at times reflect my own OCD tendencies, and have learned I’m no better or worse when it comes to whatever passion someone engages in that doesn’t hurt anyone else, and at the least can be entertaining. I only started watching and participating in this thread, when at first I dismissed it. But, I’m a curious person, and always wondered what the inside of a DV CAP looked like. And the OG poster was going there. And the emotional responses make a mundane subject entertaining.

You all realize that the TIP, is the foundation for the entire George Dynavap business. I’m positive he didn’t invent the science of the bi-metal discs buckling at a certain temperature, or if he was directly involved with figuring out the metals, sizes, etc., but without the CLICK, there is no DV. So yes, smart man to get to market, and be successful.

A subtle troll here… or just someone that likes taking things apart like many of us?

I get into OCD stuff, around batteries, and measuring accurate temperatures and humidity, many don’t care or understand, but it’s fun and a learning experience for ME!

The next time I OCD on my DV caps, I’ll submerge them in a small glass container, placed on a coffee mug warmer, with the reusable and SAFE, “Dark Crystal Clear”. I’d also bet my cheaper disposable full strength “Simple Green Crystal”, another SAFE cleaning solution, that should not be heated.

So how do I know this… by spending time and money, but only learning that my 99% ISO couldn’t touch heated, burned on RESIN VAPOR, but these other cleaning solutions can. These caps at $20.00/each are not something I’ll probably ever pry open, but I did appreciate the internal photos.

So anyone can do the test now, try either or both liquid soak solutions I mentioned, one cap is your untouched BASELINE, same amount of tokes on the caps on the same tip, same amount of herb. Please post back with photos in six months, after cleaning, and taken apart. Good luck! :)
Little bit misunderstanding.
I’m the originally poster))
I mean the video on youtube.

I do not take discs completely out of cap - just for cleaning.
The cap continues to click.

Unfortunately I don’t have now completely new cap to show, but even if it’s completely new, when you disassemble and clean inside you see on alcoholic pad the grey-blue dirt, that you get, when clean almost every new product made of steel.

I tried Dark Crystal and 420soak-and-rinse - I can’t use them. Not matter how I rinse - I feel aftertaste. I know, I very sensitive - known problem - but still - I don’t wanna vape leftovers of limonene-d, or other “only natural ingredients” even in small amounts.
Constantly consuming of even small amount of “secret” ingredient - kind of not my cup of tea.

For me there’s only one reason not to make this modification - just to get other butane, low-draw-resistance, microdoser.
But I like dynavap, so…

Last edited:
Top Bottom