Dynavap VapCap Cleaning Issue. Disassembling of VapCap

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
7:44 seconds of my life… I’ll never get back….. :)

While interesting what folks do with free time, I think I’ll continue to clean them if and when necessary in a tiny glass jar, on a coffee warmer, with reusable “Dark Crystal Glass - Clear”. Then good water bath rinse, long dry out. Or, I’ll buy a new one…

7:44 seconds of my life… I’ll never get back….. :)

While interesting what folks do with free time, I think I’ll continue to clean them if and when necessary in a tiny glass jar, on a coffee warmer, with reusable “Dark Crystal Glass - Clear”. Then good water bath rinse, long dry out. Or, I’ll buy a new one…
I don’t like aftertaste of DCG or other cleaning solutions. Maybe I’m too sensitive, but I feel it, not matter how much I rinse in water.
You need ultra-sonic bath to clean dcg between discs inside of cap.

But, probably, this video addressed to mini-dosers, who use the dynavap without touching air-port (open-air-port-technique).
For us )))) it’s very important to keep clean all air-paths, to get perfect vaping.

Reactions: 3M-W018

RustyOldNail

I have never had any after taste, perhaps just me. I’m very careful of what I put in my industrial strength ultrasonic cleaner, as the cavitation can be quite destructive.

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: Grass Yes
:)))
At least we’re agree, that vapcap need to be cleaned.
In my local vape community I still argue about it.
They don’t see the difference between new cap and cap after couple months of heavy use.

Farid

This seems really excessive and I imagine it would lead to less consistency in the clicking.

If you're worried about debris getting under the clicker why not just put a tiny bit of cotton in the cap. That should trap any unwanted particles.

DaVapeGuy

This seems really excessive and I imagine it would lead to less consistency in the clicking.

If you're worried about debris getting under the clicker why not just put a tiny bit of cotton in the cap. That should trap any unwanted particles.
I agree, I never bother doing any deep cleaning with my dyna, one of the reasons I like it.

Tastes fine to me :sherlock:

Farid

Deep cleaning of the tip, condenser, mp, and stem makes a huge difference. I also swab the inside of the cap. But I don't permanently alter the cap because it's just not necessary. When I swab the cap I barely get any debris anyways. But deep cleaning the rest of the device is good practice and makes a big difference in flavor, and hit quality.

hinglemccringleberry

I'm utterly confused. I thought those discs are enclosed and sealed.
Even if they weren't, how is anyone getting the inside of their cap dirty? The vapor current travels away from it, not towards it. The inside of my cap has never had a speck of residue on it and I've been using it for 6 years. I'll swab it once every few cleanings for good measure but it's not really necessary. I have no idea what the guy in this video thinks he's accomplishing.

I clean all other components of the Dynavap 1-2x a week, I'm addicted to a squeaky clean DV. The flavor difference between a dirty and clean DV (not talking about the cap) is giant.

Last edited:
)))))
I’ll make dairy of my vape/cleaning routine, so will be easy to explain why it so important for me to keep vapcap clean.
See you in the end of month.

rush

I arrived at this from my YT recs... Who knew I still had something to learn about Dynavaps! Gotta admire your dedication for a cleap cap :)
If you want to be a purist about what gets in your lungs you should reconsider inhaling all these plants in the first place though. Just my opinion, it seems like you've accepted doing a certain amount of damage to yourself and are now working hard to mitigate like 1% of it.

rush,
It’s just easiest way for me to maintain clean cap.
I don’t know why it’s so complicate to see, what benefits you get if you have the option to disassemble.
But everyone vaporise in his own way. So if somebody finds it’s useful - amazing. I did it for you.
If not - okay too - it’s always fun to see somebody get crazy about details, that completely unimportant from you perspective. So they can enjoy as well, that their level of dynavap-insanity still not that high.

Reactions: rush

hinglemccringleberry

It’s just easiest way for me to maintain clean cap.
I don’t know why it’s so complicate to see, what benefits you get if you have the option to disassemble.
There's nothing in the cap to maintain. The area between the discs doesn't get resin on it because it sealed. I dont know why that's so hard for you to understand.

If I'm wrong, I would like to see some evidence because right now we have no evidence of it.

I'm not doing surgery on my cap for some imaginary restoration of performance / flavor.

Last edited:
hinglemccringleberry,
Reactions: RustyOldNail

hinglemccringleberry

Care to elaborate how it is supposed to be sealed?
Care to elaborate on how it isn't sealed?
If it's not sealed and there is indeed gunk or carbon buildup around the discs, I want to see it. I don't care about proving you guys wrong, I just want to know the truth, but no one seems to be able to provide any evidence.

Last edited:
hinglemccringleberry,

kendon

Yes I have, and I can see the lower disc when looking into the cap. What I cannot see is a seal, also I don't know why it would need to be sealed. This is the first time I hear such a claim, I figured that any sane person stating something like this would be able to explain it. Especially if there is a video clearly showing how there is no seal.

Further I don't see the need for your hostility, but that's a different topic.

kendon,
Reactions: 0796

hinglemccringleberry

Yes I have, and I can see the lower disc when looking into the cap. What I cannot see is a seal, also I don't know why it would need to be sealed. This is the first time I hear such a claim, I figured that any sane person stating something like this would be able to explain it. Especially if there is a video clearly showing how there is no seal.

Further I don't see the need for your hostility, but that's a different topic.
You're interpreting it as "hostility" and you're wrong. I'm passionate about getting to the truth of the matter, if you want to call that hostility thats your own contentiousness.

Ok, I did not realize that the layer next to the caps is permeable and can let liquids pass through it. So forget that I ever said it's sealed. I mean it is "sealed" in the sense that you can't just remove the discs from the cap without hacking/doing surgery on the cap. So I'm not completely wrong. It's a semantics debate at this point.

Doesn't change the fact that no one has provided any photos showing the "huge amounts of gunk stuck behind the discs". Now that we've cleared up the "sealed" claim, the burden of proof is now on you guys to show the gunk behind the discs. Let's see it.

Last edited:
hinglemccringleberry,

kendon

Well, since you are so "passionate" of getting to the truth let me show you another two accounts of you being wrong: the discs are not permeable, they are solid metal, and I wasn't trying to be subtile.

Actually make that three, because nobody said there were "huge amounts" of dirt between the discs.

kendon,

RustyOldNail

I’d wager, the seal is mechanical, made by a machine. And while not 100% sealed, meaning air and liquid proof, the inside is certainly more insulated from basic reclaim vapor. If the cap were 100% sealed, I doubt Dynavap would have posted the video on their YouTube channel on “How to soak the cap”. Using that information I devised my own technique, posted in this thread if I recall. I think I did it twice, just to prove they still work, after a long dry out period, not because I felt the cap was not performing properly.

The problem with this whole premise, is how difficult it would be to prove if there is any difference. To prove it to oneself, mark a cap that you NEVER soak clean, keep a record of your subjective results, the time period would be dependent on how often you use that one cap. In my case, it would be a long time, as I rotate devices, as well as many different DV’s & caps. At whatever point you believe the cap is not performing the way it did when new, you do a SOAK CLEAN. If you are HAPPY, end of experiment.

Personally, I wouldn’t bother, I have far too many things to test, that I prioritize way over a DV debate on something I don’t consider a performance issue. Even for me, I think this crosses the OCD line, but whatever makes a person happy and satisfied is the correct answer for that individual.

Now how much time have I wasted writing this…… :(

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: Ramahs

hinglemccringleberry

Well, since you are so "passionate" of getting to the truth let me show you another two accounts of you being wrong: the discs are not permeable, they are solid metal, and I wasn't trying to be subtile.

Actually make that three, because nobody said there were "huge amounts" of dirt between the discs.
I never said the discs are permeable, genius. I'm talking about the inner layer of the cap that covers the discs that is permeable. Comon, don't be so fucking dense.

Youre saying the OP didn't make that claim? Then why do that procedure at all? You guys are just proving my point.

And I already told you, it is "sealed" in the sense that you can't just remove the discs from the cap without hacking/doing surgery on the cap. Like I said, it has become a semantics debate.

Last edited:
hinglemccringleberry,

kendon

Well, eveybody can read who said what, so yes, it is a "semantics" debate. And of course I am the dense one here.

kendon,

hinglemccringleberry

I just want to see evidence of the OP's claim. I appreciate the aim of the video. But it shows nothing in the form of debris, resin, gunk, plant matter, carbon buildup, nothing conclusive that would indicate the procedure is worthwhile, except for his word. It's a how-to video with an unsubstantiated claim that it dramatically restores performance.
Or if he comes back and says there's no visible stuff to clean but that the procedure still has a big impact, I fear that anecdotes are the only thing we'll ever have, and this anecdote is not enough to convince people to do surgery on their caps.

Last edited:
hinglemccringleberry,
Top Bottom