Dynavap Compared to The NEO by Prrl Labs With Some Medical Discussion

Kins

Modnote: The following 8 posts were moved from the NEO thread.

Recognizable. I have a friend who has ME and often is in a lot of pain. She was curious about using cannabis, so I went over with my little pipe, NEO (and yes a DynaVap to give her options), and some AK 020. She thought she had to smoke lots and then be stoned, so meso-dosing and vaping was a revelation. And the Neo and pipe combo won over the DynaVap. She experienced like I did: entourage effect, with all terpenes in play. I think she'll be ordering.

Yeah it's much better than a DynaVap. There isn't as big as a learning curve as there is with a dynavap, you don't need a torch or a $200+ induction heater, or the hundreds of accessories for it. Heads and toes this thing destroys a Dynavap.

Last edited by a moderator:

Woodisgood

Yeah it's much better than a DynaVap. There isn't as big as a learning curve as there is with a dynavap, you don't need a torch or a $200+ induction heater, or the hundreds of accessories for it. Heads and toes this thing destroys a Dynavap.

Sorry to sidetrack the thread, but can you tell me a bit more about what your friend finds helpful for her ME and what best relieves her symptoms? I know someone with chronic ME with bad fatigue and insomnia. They tried CBD tincture in the past with no real effect.

Woodisgood,

Texus

Though it doesn't get much easier than a Dynavap with an induction heater, and there are multiple IH options much closer to $50 (SJK dental IH on Amazon, and some of Pipes' options). Stick it in, wait for click.

Roffa

Sorry to sidetrack the thread, but can you tell me a bit more about what your friend finds helpful for her ME and what best relieves her symptoms? I know someone with chronic ME with bad fatigue and insomnia. They tried CBD tincture in the past with no real effect.
Yes, she did that too. My friend has severe muscle and joint pain, and because of that, muscle tension. She had high hopes for CBD relaxing her muscles. Turned out THC, not CBD was the ticket. She thought the only way was smoking joints and couch locks. So it was quite eye opening. I've done a lot of figuring out what works for me and every body is different, so often, it's a lengthy process.

Though it doesn't get much easier than a Dynavap with an induction heater, and there are multiple IH options much closer to $50 (SJK dental IH on Amazon, and some of Pipes' options). Stick it in, wait for click.
I know, I have a dynavap and an orion. For me, the dose size is the issue, I'm into meso-dosing, and then the dynavap takes a lot of faffing about. And I must say, I never experienced effects as complex as with the Neo (so far, and my experience is limited)

maremaresing

What is "meso-dosing"? When you say you get "entourage effect" from the neo, you just mean that it can fully extract the high temp chemicals, correct? How does this differ from other vapes you've tried?

maremaresing,
  • Haha
Reactions: arb

Roffa

What is "meso-dosing"? When you say you get "entourage effect" from the neo, you just mean that it can fully extract the high temp chemicals, correct? How does this differ from other vapes you've tried?
It's between micro (DynaVap) and macro (something like the Plenty, or the Volcano) aka "bowl size"
And to your 2nd question: exactly. I can only by the effects I feel. There's a lot of talk about "temp-stepping", which is easy with for instance the Mighty. The idea is that you get the full spectrum of terpenes and cannabinoids. I think that that process is much more of a continuum and more "holistic" than is possible with - for instance - the Mighty.

Woodisgood

Yes, she did that too. My friend has severe muscle and joint pain, and because of that, muscle tension. She had high hopes for CBD relaxing her muscles. Turned out THC, not CBD was the ticket. She thought the only way was smoking joints and couch locks. So it was quite eye opening. I've done a lot of figuring out what works for me and every body is different, so often, it's a lengthy process.
Very helpful, thanks!

Woodisgood,

pop22

I'm not finding this "Neo", can someone give me a link? Thank you!

pop22,

Kins

Much easier with the Neo as the heater is included being part of the device and all. Just my opinion. I purchased a Dynavap a while back and had problems from the start with it. It's finicky without an induction heater. Seriously no point in wasting time fiddling with a dynavap when you can get a NEO. The Neo imitates smoking best and much better than Dynavap.

Kins,
Reactions: JCat

Vaporware

Can you guys describe how you feel the Neo is closer to smoking? I’ve never smoked (or used the Neo) so I’m not sure, but they seem to me like they’re each close to a different kind of smoking.

Vaporware,

Kins

Can you guys describe how you feel the Neo is closer to smoking? I’ve never smoked (or used the Neo) so I’m not sure, but they seem to me like they’re each close to a different kind of smoking.
Yes I mean the smoking weed. The Neo would sure help people transition easier to vaping versus smoking. It's so close to it because you can use it on almost any pipe or glass rig. It feels like it because you hold the Neo above the bowl just like you would a lighter.

Kins,

Vaporware

Yes I mean the smoking weed. The Neo would sure help people transition easier to vaping versus smoking. It's so close to it because you can use it on almost any pipe or glass rig. It feels like it because you hold the Neo above the bowl just like you would a lighter.

I understand that part, but a VapCap also seems very much like a joint to me. What I meant by “different kind of smoking” was that VaoCaps seem more like joints and the Neo seems more like a lighter for a pipe or bong.

...but both seem like they would feel similar to smoking, just different smoking methods. Am I wrong?

Maybe the Neo seems more like smoking if you mostly used a pipe or bong?

Vaporware,
Reactions: west-elec

Roffa

The difference is, I think, that you control the temperature largely with your breath. And there's more contact with the flower too. With the VapCap it's: respect the click: there's far less process involved. I'm not a smoker myself, but using the Neo and a pipe reminds me of Gong Fu Cha style tea drinking: steps in a process to focus on flavour and effect.

GoldenBud

I have no doubts Neo overall is better than VapCap (still, with VapCap you heat before inhaling .... ) , BUT:
does it work with 0.02g doses too, as the Dyna?

Last edited:
GoldenBud,

west-elec

I have no doubts Neo overall is better than VapCap (still, with VapCap you heat before inhaling .... ) , BUT:
does it work with 0.02g doses too, as the Dyna?
With the Neo it's all about the bowl. Using a combustion pipe bowl (cone) means you can just have a pinch in the bottom. All you need is a small bowl that mates up. I like to use the Tinymight small rimmed basket screen which sits in a 14mm joint nicely, and the Neo will nestle close over the top. Those baskets are small and you can 1/2 or 1/4 load no problems.
But really the 2 devices are nothing alike at all and impossible to compare. If you are someone who is seriously considering a Neo, is a DV even on the radar? Maybe better to compare the DV to the FW7 and the Neo to the Terp Torch (May she RIP).

Shadooz

The neo is close to the perfect form factor, if only the coil was sided. Would have been better to hold it horizontaly not verticaly...

Some start to compare it with the top tier desktop, how it goes with hot spotting ? First issue with light coil battery device...

And the box itself look cheap and not having efficient enough capacitor, as we can see with the glow when inhaling, u have to play with blast effect

But we're gettin closer and closer

Last edited:

Vaporware

The neo is close to the perfect form factor, if only the coil was sided. Would have been better to hold it horizontaly not verticaly...

Some start to compare it with the top tier desktop, how it goes with hot spotting ? First issue with light coil battery device...

And the box itself look cheap and not having efficient enough capacitor, as we can see with the glow when inhaling, u have to play with blast effect

Before Neo they made Ember and that one was turned like you’re asking for. Since they changed the direction this time, I think more people wanted the Neo’s design. :shrug:

Perhaps a silicone adapter that was 90 degrees instead of straight like the current one. Just tossing it out.

Hackerman,
Reactions: Shadooz

Shadooz

@Vaporware right what i want, but issue with the amber was most about efficiency than orientation.
I need an ember with herborizer efficiency :evil:

Hey, all! We've been getting great feedback on the Ember and are making some improvements and pivots based on what we've heard.

After putting considerable time into our own battery design and manufacturing, we've decided that that approach will take longer than we want. Many folks have asked for just the atomizer so that they can attach it to they own mods. Rather than stick with wood, which (while beautiful) has it's own manufacturing issues as well as imparting a slight wood taste, we're going full ceramic and quartz.

Here's a draft rendering of the Neo--the atomizer-only design.
It'll come in both vertical and horizontal models so that folks have a choice as to how they will attach it to their own mod. I prefer horizontal, but Josh prefers vertical. So, we thought that we'd let the market decide since we can't. :-)

Our first test prototypes should be ready by next week. We'll try to be better at keeping y'all updated! In the meantime, we'd love to hear your thoughts...

-Mark
It was planified with both orientation at first, it just feel so more natural and balanced horizontaly

Black_Prrl

Manufacturer of the Neo and Terp Surfer
Manufacturer
Hey all!

As part of our "Will it Neo" series, I tried using the Neo with a one-hitter... it worked so well that I borrowed a friend's Dynavap to see if it would work on that also... Below is last night's test. I was impressed with the efficiency!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I understand that part, but a VapCap also seems very much like a joint to me. What I meant by “different kind of smoking” was that VaoCaps seem more like joints and the Neo seems more like a lighter for a pipe or bong.

...but both seem like they would feel similar to smoking, just different smoking methods. Am I wrong?

Maybe the Neo seems more like smoking if you mostly used a pipe or bong?

Vapcap is really more one-hitter chillum bat than joint or blunt... :2c:

Vaporware

Vapcap is really more one-hitter chillum bat than joint or blunt... :2c:

You’re right of course, I was thinking more of the form factor than the lifetime of a bowl or anything like that.

The main point was the Neo and VapCap both seem like one smoking method or another to me, and I assume people who smoked 1 hitters or joints would probably feel like a VapCap is pretty similar to smoking while people who used pipes and bongs more would probably feel like the Neo was more like smoking.

Do either of them feel “more like smoking” to you? If so, do you know why?

The only reasons it would really matter are if the effects are a lot different* or if one or the other really is consistently an easier transition for smokers. I’m guessing it depends on the method people used for smoking combined with the effects they get and personally feelings about each device.

*I’m assuming the Neo is similar to other convection effects, so it should be different from a VapCap, but I would expect the VapCap’s conduction to feel a little more like smoking... :shrug:

Vaporware,
Reactions: RobbIt
Top Bottom