• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Dreamwood Roasty

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
I couldn't help myself @KidFated.

I Did a rare wake n Bake for Easter Sunday and started looking at random flame powered vapes and stumbled upon these. Once I checked out the website I had to have a Roasty.

I love how simple these are being just wood and glass with no screens to mess with. I used a vapolution pocket vape for years until the kit disappeared somehow and the Roasty looks to be a perfect replacement for it... the Peace has filled that void but now has a long crack that's getting worse with each use.

Now that I found 'em These just look too nice to pass up.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Ah yes very glad to have you both in here, sorry if I had known I would've tagged you sooner!
:cheers::spliff:
@Dreamwood is awesome, the sheer variety in wood and design is truly astonishing. I'd wholeheartedly recommend any of their products, hoping to get some more for myself too someday, eyeing a Punch next I think...

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I own a Dobby and love the design of the Dreamwood vapes. The Roasty looks great!

Question: All my vapes are great for microdosing. Would the Roasty fit in that category? If that's the case then I'll probably buy one or two if there's a nice 420 sale.

With the S it seems doable, the tube is a bit narrower than the L so it allows for smaller loads, and either way you can load a little and pack it tight, just may not heat as efficiently with more empty glass so longer torching could be needed, but it certainly works. I tested with my early prototype which seems to be an imperfect L and it worked perfectly fine! You can also get quick dark extraction in the Roasty if desired, though I haven't tried for a one hit wonder microdose as in other vapes yet, but those vapes are convection anyway. I do think this could work similarly to a VapCap in a sense, an oft prasied microdose king despite it lacking pure convection... Possible reason could be theres some hybrid heating going on here too

Used2use

Sometimes to stupid to become a fool
Question: All my vapes are great for microdosing. Would the Roasty fit in that category? If that's the case then I'll probably buy one or two if there's a nice 420 sale.
Well micro is relative, but i would say it takes in comparison maybe 1,5 vapcap or 2 vaponic fillings to work good. It works with less but under 2cm lengh of filling it gets to whispy imo (i believe i have a Roasty S)

Last edited:

Dutch-Mic

Thanks for the informative replies@Shit Snacks and @Used2use!

@Shit Snacks I was looking at a Roasty L with a magnetic cap so I'm glad you mentioned the S version. @Dreamwood could probably make a S version with a cap (their custom work is awesome). The Roasty seems like a versatile vape in terms of extraction options (quick/slow, light/dark AVB).

@Used2use Wow I never fill the Vaponic and Vapcap completely. The Roasty would probably floor me with the amount you mentioned :D The Roasty would probably be a good "bedtime vaporizer" like the Vapman.

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
I've been using my Ebony S Roasty for a week or so now and really like it, a super simple and basic vaporizer.

The work on the ebony stem is beautiful as is my Rosewood L with cap (saving this one for summer travels) Thanks so much for throwing in the DLX-M it's quite nice too.

There's not a lot to say about the Roasty because they're just a Wooden mouthpiece and glass heating tube. Even being so simple in concept they are little works of art that I'll treasure for years to come.

Many Thanks to the Dreamwood team.

Last edited:

beezee420

I've been using my Ebony S Roasty for a week or so now and really like it, a super simple and basic vaporizer.

The work on the ebony stem is beautiful as is my Rosewood L with cap (saving this one for summer travels) Thanks so much for throwing in the DLX-M it's quite nice too.

There's not a lot to say about the Roasty because they're just a Wooden mouthpiece and glass heating tube. Even being so simple in concept they are little works of art that I'll treasure for years to come.

Many Thanks to the Dreamwood team.
im checking out the toasty I want a simple torch + glass + wood, love that you dont torch inside just around the outside right?

which one is a good one to start, there are so many different options!

thanks

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Yes you just heat the outside of the glass. . .
I've had good luck with the torch from Vapman along with a cheap torch from Aliexpress or Dealextreme "jet 1300 c butane lighter" (branded with the word POWER printed on the torch)

I recieved one of the green Honest brand torch lighter from Dreamwood and it works great too but I'm saving it and haven't used it a whole lot yet so I can't speak to it's longevity.

I prefer a single flame but also sometimes use one of the little Z-Plus 2.0 torch lighter insert (for a zippo lighter case) with great success too.

Last edited:

Dutch-Mic

For about a year my favourite butane vaporizers that heat the herb indirectly were the Vaponic, Vapman and Vapcap. After using the S for about five months I know I can add the Roasty on that list.

As already mentioned in this thread the Roasty consists of three parts: the wooden mouthpiece, the glass heating tube and an O-ring.

I prefer a medium/fine grind, because with a too fine grind the herb can get past the glass screen which results in a bit of "salad" in your mouth. I tamp the load against the glass screen because it's a conduction vaporizer.

Heating is very easy: the first heating cycle takes five seconds, and the subsequent heating cycles take about 2-3 seconds, sometimes and extra 4 seconds if I desire bigger clouds.

The vape signature is in my experience a hybrid between the Vapman and Vapcap with the higher temperatures, and the Vaponic and the Vapman with the lower temp hits. I think that the taste isn't as "terpy" and "in your face" as the above mentioned vapes with a microdosis (about a full Vapman pan), but it comes very, very close. Overall I think that the taste is suberb, especially if you like a little robust touch in your vapor.
The Roasty is, even compared to the Vapcap, the most "Jointesque" experience: the airflow is restricted the way I load the tube, so I take puffs like it's a cigar.

From an aesthetical perspective: there are all kinds of Roasties with different kind of woods, so I imagine that everyone could find a Roasty that's pleasing for the eyes. I own four Dreamwood products, and all the woodwork is nicely finished. Even the glass tube seems to be high quality. I dropped the glass tube a week ago and it survived the drop!

In short: If you're looking for a basic, easy to handle butane conduction vaporizer with pure taste, then the Roasty could be your vape.

Dutch-Mic

A glass tube + O-ring + wooden mouthpiece = a tasty and enjoyable vaporisation experience!

IMG-20200209-125035-830.jpg

sunyata

IG: sunyata.woods
Accessory Maker
ywhy0fkmvpb61.jpg

Big fan of the roasty, this one is so weirdly underrated especially considering how much it can hit. Also how fun it is to use, super meditative to slowly roast your herb, watching it change colour etc... I did find the airflow pretty tough to deal with, so started using the helix pre-mix chamber thing which has three little air inlet holes. Is an absolute game changer, because if you hold your fingers on 1 or 2 of the little holes you can vary much the vapour is mixed with fresh air, how free the airflow is, also super fun to watch your vapour rush into the chamber. Highly recommend.

Also, I bought one in walnut and got an imbuia as a freeby (or the other way around, can't remember). A word of warning, imbuia tastes like arse. Beautiful wood and whatnot, but definitely arse taste.

Pursewarden_sPast

View attachment 5614

Big fan of the roasty, this one is so weirdly underrated especially considering how much it can hit. Also how fun it is to use, super meditative to slowly roast your herb, watching it change colour etc... I did find the airflow pretty tough to deal with, so started using the helix pre-mix chamber thing which has three little air inlet holes. Is an absolute game changer, because if you hold your fingers on 1 or 2 of the little holes you can vary much the vapour is mixed with fresh air, how free the airflow is, also super fun to watch your vapour rush into the chamber. Highly recommend.

Also, I bought one in walnut and got an imbuia as a freeby (or the other way around, can't remember). A word of warning, imbuia tastes like arse. Beautiful wood and whatnot, but definitely arse taste.
Hey. I was literally just on their website thinking of ordering one of their imbuia wood ones. The wood’s taste is that noticeable?? I love the price and look of the imbuia but never even considered that a certain wood type may impart a noticeably bad taste...

Also, for those that own a Roasty, how much vapor is produced generally? Is it more like a Vapman where the taste is great but generally you don’t get a ton of vapor? Or do you get a decent cloud from the average hit off this thing?

Last edited:
Pursewarden_sPast,
Top Bottom