Dream Vaporizer

Hey everyone.

What do you think about making a laser-diode based pen vape?
Like a variable output 5-15 mw diode pointing at the base of an all glass removable chamber that rests in a wood pen for durability, but removable for easy cleaning.

Battery - Diode - airspace - glass - light filtering ceramic endcap - Done

Would this work? If it would. someone fucking make one! I want clean portable taste even if I have to fucking invent it.

Zorro420shouldbefree,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Hey .. I thought of that too
http://fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=6318
Check this thread.. :) It might be helpful .
Just to make sure.. You have in mind laser diod like in laser pointers, DVD recorders . ?
I consider them a bit unsafe.. :) Cuz you can burn your eye with them.. LOL.. I am sure this can be avoided with a proper design .
But also heard that lasers emit radiation.. Although i don't know if a diod like that can do enough to endanger your health .. .

Abysmal Vapor,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Radiation vapes are very hard to regulate. I think that's the biggest drawback of making vape of this type. For example Oracle cost a lot and why? MF also had to design a LB a lot before it's IR performace was balanced. I think with laser that could be even harder. And I can't imagine it cooking uniformly without lenses.

Seek,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
is 5-15 mw enough to vaporize the THC? maybe at a spot. i think you'd need to steer the spot around and all over the herb to vape all the trichomes. i think it takes several watts to do the job. Maybe install a bank of laser diodes?

Hippie Dickie,

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations,

Zorro420shouldbefree said:
What do you think about making a laser-diode based pen vape?

I guess you've been inspired after i re-used this old picture a couple days ago:

:D

Perhaps it would be suitable for a relatively small "portable" vaporizer, i'm not so sure about the chances to fit that in a vape-pen format though.

Seek said:
Radiation vapes are very hard to regulate. ... I think with laser that could be even harder.

Maybe not, i wonder!

The picture shown right above comes from a YouTube video document (now off-limits to me), lets mention that looking at it i didn't feel like the guy got his hand burned the least bit!... Skin pigmentation (relatively to herb colour) could very well happen to be the reason for this peculiar phenomenon and if my assumption is correct then i'd expect vaporization to simply stop once the cannabis nugget has been spent (turned brown).

In fact it was this aspect of using a quasi-LASER diode for vaporization in such a manner which instantly attracted my attention: in my opinion the need for power regulation may be milder than most of us would imagine at 1st glance. After all the video appeared to support this concept eloquently - i just wish everyone could still view it today!

The Oracle's infra-red halogen emitter certainly emits over a broad spectrum while there's just no IR radiation used here... As a consequence i seriously doubt "IR performance" can be balanced at all in the present case. Sorry, your exemple hardly applies under the circumstances: any IR radiation would come from the nugget itself as it absorbs light, IMHO!

:peace:

Egzoset,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Oracle adverts itself as Infra-Red vaporizer, and because of its ability to heat fast (I think Oracle draws a lot of watts) it needs to be regulated, if it doesn't cut the radiation off it can get to combustion pretty fast. IR is imo unstable at high performance, but at low it can be very stable, but slow. The launch box uses weak IR mainly for heat stabilization.

Seek,

Egzoset

Banned
I won't dispute that since it makes sense but the thing is an infra-red quasi-LASER LED isn't required to vaporize weed it seems...

:2c:

Egzoset,
Well if it was an oil pen, possibly usb plugin..... then it wouldn't need a large surface area to vaporize all the contents, as they will drop down just like a atomizer.

The thought here is that the heat source can be on the other side of a glass tube.

So, battey pack with variable heat knob, diode pointing to a glass tube with air holes halfway down. So the laser hits the glass end of the tube heating the oils.

Now how do you keep it from shooting out into your eye is one question...

How about this: Laser into Essential Vaaapp style jar, so it hits the end after the oil. Make the airpath come off the side of the oil jar....

Zorro420shouldbefree,

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations Zorro,

Zorro420shouldbefree said:
...the heat source can be on the other side of a glass tube. Now how do you keep it from shooting out into your eye is one question...

I already got my own idea about these specific aspects:

Perhaps all 3 modes of vaporization can be combined this manner, what do you say?

106.gif

I didn't think the concept could be miniaturized enough to be suitable for a vape-pen implementation but if that were possible then i guess the cost would most likely rise significantly.

In my fantasy machine the tip of a VapBong-like glass tube leads directly to the vaporisation chamber, i believe a maze metal cover/radiator would handle this situation somewhat in the same manner you suggest the metal body of an Essential Vaaapp would.

But i have a few thoughts on my mind too: would LASER or quasi-LASER technology be appropriate for on-demand whip/direct inhalation, or on the contrary, require to work with a well-controlled bag setup only?...

7.gif

Oh, wait!... I sense another idea emerging right now!...
58.gif

Why not implement vapor-thickness closed-loop regulation by measuring "opacity" while we're at it anyway?! There would be nothing new about that: after all the vast majority of us is using devices based on such a concept in our homes everyday (and those are quite reliable as a bonus), under the form of fire detectors...

65.gif

My fantasy machine happened to be featured with a secondary cavity dedicated to the stirring mechanism (via shaking), it's easy to imagine having vapor-thickness measurements done in that same chamber too.

Well, fire detectors use short-term radioactive isotopes to ionize air though, euh... Hummm... I wonder.

:peace:

GeniusSlayer

This concept is more than possible and not just for a table top unit. the trick is finding the right material with which to make the heating element... Therein lies the secret to the possible proprietary patented technology of this possible device.

GeniusSlayer,

OO

Technical Skeptical
There's quite a bit of misinformation in this thread.

It is 100% possible, though it may be difficult to fit into the size of a pen-sized vape.

Using monochrometers, you can select the exact energy range you are looking for, which gives control over the spectrum emitted.

There's plenty of info on lasers out there, so I'm not going to spend the few hours to type it all up.

The idea of a vape like this is intriguing.

OO,
Top Bottom