Draining the Bandit

tgvp

HI there,

I recently pleased myself with a late christmas gift for my DynaVap while I'm on the go by ordering two Sneaky Petes' Bandits (little and micro, didn't knew which one to chose, so took both). I really like it as the water tool is a great improvement for the already nice vapor from my fullmetal magic wand.
But there is one thing I'm struggling with, it's the draining after use. Yeah, it's easy to remove most of the water by simply turning it upside down and blowing in it, but there is always some water who stubbornly refuses to leave as the holes are not exactly at the top or bottom of the tube. So I just rinse it with hot water before and after use to avoid smell, but would like to be able to dry the inside better, as I don't use it everyday.
I tried using a funnel and a hair dryer to blow hot dry air through it in order to evaporate what's left but only managed do burn the hair dryer (seams like it didn't really enjoyed having to blow that hard...).
So anyone has any other tip?

tgvp,

tgvp

I found a way, not exactly the most practical but it's better than just waiting. I use the vacuum cleaner (and my hand to make a more or less airtight connector). The difference with just blowing through it is that the air passing in the bandit is dryer than the air from my lungs, thus not condensing inside. And probably the lower pressure (due to the succion of the vacuum cleaner) lowers evaporation point of the water.

I can even do better (and more cumbersome) by using the spare hair dryer to blow some hot dry air in the general direction of the bandit (not air tight, I don't wanna burn the second hair dryier) while using the vacuum cleaner in order to make the air being sucked through the glass to be hotter, thus more capable of evaporating the remaining humidity 🤔 But its turning into quite a complicated contraption...

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I found a way, not exactly the most practical but it's better than just waiting. I use the vacuum cleaner (and my hand to make a more or less airtight connector). The difference with just blowing through it is that the air passing in the bandit is dryer than the air from my lungs, thus not condensing inside. And probably the lower pressure (due to the succion of the vacuum cleaner) lowers evaporation point of the water.

I can even do better (and more cumbersome) by using the spare hair dryer to blow some hot dry air in the general direction of the bandit (not air tight, I don't wanna burn the second hair dryier) while using the vacuum cleaner in order to make the air being sucked through the glass to be hotter, thus more capable of evaporating the remaining humidity 🤔 But its turning into quite a complicated contraption...
Yeah that is pretty much what i do ,too. Warming the sides of my glass tools with hair dryer and then using the vacuum. Btw there are some hookah vacuum/pumps that i have seen used by people also to dry their hoses/hookahs.
This one is hilarious, basicly auto-vacuum cleaner sold for hookah purposes.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I use an small AIR COMPRESSOR. There is a bit of CLEAN RINSE WATER left, that usually evaporates. Since I’m going to eventually refill a bubbler with distilled water again, I don’t spend time and effort to get my rigs 100% dry. In fact usually after I clean and BLOW OUT a rig, I refill immediately, and use the cheap silicone plugs, to seal and keep outside air from getting in, then that rig is ready for use. I plug all my rigs when not in use. Good luck!

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: Summer

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
I generally use sunshine to dry pieces that can't be completely drained. I have a time or two also used the microwave - but I feel this is unnecessarily risky.

bizwaxzion,
Reactions: Summer

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Clever, that solves drying, access to water and keeping pockets dry problems at the same time! What do you use? Some purposely crafted plugs?

I have ordered 2 packs of the assorted ones linked below, I put various sizes in all my glass as well as all my device mouthpieces. This way no environmental air can settle in, with lots of toys, it can be quite some time before I may use any given one.

Even with 2 packs, I ended up needing more 14mm “blue” plugs, and you can select just a pack with the size you use the most.

RustyOldNail,

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Look for a second hand EQ. The fan function and a gong make it the perfect glass drier. Takes a few minutes for a large complex bong to get the last of the water dry.

Cheebsy,

tgvp

Look for a second hand EQ. The fan function and a gong make it the perfect glass drier. Takes a few minutes for a large complex bong to get the last of the water dry.
I'm dumb, I just forgot I own a volcano I lent to my brother (in order to convert him to vaporization :D )

tgvp,
Reactions: Cheebsy
Top Bottom