• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Dokha Tobacco in a Vaporizer

Piruz

Many of you have probably heard of Dokha, the ultra-potent, fine-shredded tobacco from the Arabian Peninsula smoked in a pipe called the Medwakh. I've been smoking it for years and I gotta say I love the relaxing head rush it gives me and the convenience of a one-hit smoke that leaves you satisfied for hours, but I really think it's time I stopped smoking it and started vaporizing it instead. I only wish I knew how to reproduce the experience (or something close to it) in a vaporizer or if vaporization can even satiate tobacco cravings the same way smoking does.

For one, I'm told the process of vaporization tends to more efficiently extract the active materials from herbs (i.e. a good portion of the actives like nicotine are destroyed during combustion), and yet accounts of people who vaporized Dokha say otherwise (they say it's not as strong as when smoked). Also there's the problem of inferior clouds compared to smoking, although I'm told high end convection devices come close). Another potential problem is the unusually small of amount of Dokha tobacco smoked at a time, but I'm told there are special devices for these convenient and quick sessions (small bowls).

And finally, I really hope the nicotine feel from vaporization doesn't feel like vaping, because even the smallest amount of extracted nicotine (the one in vape juice) makes me feel sick (and I'm a Dokha smoker!).

So yeah if anyone here has experience in switching from smoking tobacco to vaporizing it (Dokha or otherwise, bit Dokha especially), please share your experience in detail.

Piruz,

GI

Never hear about this tobacco, but the pipe doesn't seem a big blow, so the quantity aspect maybe is satisfied and if one find the good temp and method maybe less quantity tive enough, I'm not expert bur maybe a conduction vaporizer or hibrid it's more efficient for tobacco ? How it's different from our standard pipe or cigar tobacco ? I would like to try to vaporize tobacco but i beed an organic and clean harvest tobacco.

GI,

Piruz

It's different in that it's really fine-shredded and very high in nicotine so one hit (two tops) will floor most people and leave them satisfied for hours. It's also not cured in any way so it retains the natural green color of the plant. I think authentic Dokah is as clean and organic as it gets.

Why do you think less quantity will be enough with the right vaporization setup? Most people who switch for smoking find that vaporizing the same tobacco feels underwhelming, the theory that vaporizing releases more active ingredients notwithstanding.

Piruz,

GI

I'm not an expert but in my experience vape a very little good cannabis it's a lot more than smoking the duble, maybe my history of use it's different, I don't want to write a poem....if vaping instead of smoking evaporate more active substance in cannabis, can do the same in tobacco or others substance, if they are active in this form.

GI,

Piruz

I really hope so. But for proper extraction you probably need a good vaporizer that works on convection (or at least hybrid). Let's wait and see if anyone else here has any experience I'm sure there are many.

Piruz,

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
You may want to try this thread... an older one, but with some more recent info towards the end

BrianTL,
Reactions: Piruz

Farid

I've tried dokha in logs and dynavaps. It's not satisfying compared to smoking a medwakh. The nicotine is too strong when properly vaped, and the cloud is very small. With a medwakh you really need to hold the flame on the dokha, it takes a lot of heat to smoke compared to cigarette tobacco (which is probably why others have had issues with vaping it. I've only had luck with vaporizers that allow you to really push the heat). When you use a vaporizer on it, the nicotine is extracted much slower, so you don't get the same type of hit that you get with smoking, and it seems like the vapor is exposed to your airways for a longer period of time than smoke. This makes it way harsher than smoking, especially with a convection vape.

I find vaping high quality rolling tobacco in a dynavap to be a much more similar experience to smoking dokha than actually vaping dokha. The rolling tobacco is lower in nicotine, but because vaping is more efficient the hit feels more similar to smoking dokha than smoking a cigarette. It also produces clouds, and feels more satisfying than vaping dokha. The flavor is a little different, but the experience is more similar.

What dokha blends are you smoking? Cold or hot? Flavored? I used to like medwakh.com's Lazeez mint. I found mixing dried mint leaves with Peter Stokkebye's Turkish blend RYO is similar. For other flavored blends you could probably mix in a tiny drop of 0 nic flavored ejuice with some RYO tobacco.

Last edited:
Farid,
Reactions: Piruz

Piruz

Not sure I understand you. You're saying vaping Dokha is not as satisfying as smoking it (nicotine wise?), and that the nicotine is more slowly extracted, but then you say the nicotine is actually too strong when vaped properly? Also why would Dokha vapor linger in your airways any more than rolling tobacco vapor would?

I smoke Enjoy Dokha Gold (Medium). Just had a look at Dynavap and it seems very convenient. The heating method raises questions though I mean you sure no combustion is involved in any way? Also isn't Dokha tobacco too fine for the bowl?

Piruz,

Farid

Dokha doesn't vaporize easily. When you do manage to get it to vaporize the vapor is harsh, too strong, and the clouds are very small. So the experience itself isn't as satisfying (not nicotine wise. Nicotine wise it's stronger, too strong IMO)

Because the vaporization process is slower than smoking, your airways are exposed longer to vapor than to smoke, whether using dokha or ryo. Dokha is harsher than rolling tobacco, so I find it's easier to stand being exposed to the rolling tobacco vapor than dokha vapor for that extended period.

The Dynavap absolutely doesn't combust at all, and dokha hardly even changes color in it. Dokha doesn't fall through the screen either. I suggest getting one and trying dokha and RYO in it for yourself, you may have more of a tolerance for the dokha vapor than I. It's the only vape I've been able to get "mouth to lung" hits with, which is needed when vaping tobacco imo

Farid,

Piruz

By longer exposure you mean it takes more puffs and a longer session, yes? You don't mean it lingers in your lungs and makes you sick? Because I was just going through the thread in Brian's comment and some people say it takes longer for the nicotine/vapor to be absorbed and then released from your lungs than with smoking, which is how I felt with e-cigs (the nicotine in them makes me anxious).

Piruz,

Farid

Yeah, a longer session. Where you would normally clear a medwakh head in 1 or 2 hits, it might take 3 or 4 in a Dynavap. And the Dynavap is one of the quickest extracting vaporizers out there. The process of vaporizing is just slower than smoking due to it's nature.

The biggest difference with ecigs is that nicotine alone has very different effects than tobacco vapor which has all kinds of other compounds (tobacco specific alkaloids). I find ecig nicotine can creep up and overwhelm, making it easier to take too much without realizing it. Vaping tobacco on the other hand has effects that seem much closer to smoking.

Farid,

Piruz

Yeah, a longer session. Where you would normally clear a medwakh head in 1 or 2 hits, it might take 3 or 4 in a Dynavap. And the Dynavap is one of the quickest extracting vaporizers out there. The process of vaporizing is just slower than smoking due to it's nature.

The biggest difference with ecigs is that nicotine alone has very different effects than tobacco vapor which has all kinds of other compounds (tobacco specific alkaloids). I find ecig nicotine can creep up and overwhelm, making it easier to take too much without realizing it. Vaping tobacco on the other hand has effects that seem much closer to smoking.
In my experience, the nicotine in e-juice (both freebase and salt) doesn't feel good to begin with. It makes me feel anxious (like I'm in danger or something) and doesn't give me a head buzz at all but only weighs my lungs down.

I'll have to give this Dynavap device a go.

Piruz,
Top Bottom