Does the Ispire Wand work on the ELEV8R?

~vapeslut.xo~

I just remembered seeing a very cool video of a guy using this thing!!
It looked awesome, but i'm not sure how the actual experience would feel...in comparison, i suppose,
to what i have coming to me, which is a "PID" controller and an e-nail! But this The Wand is something different:

Wondering if it would work on the ELEV8R..?

Pukka

I know, VAS is strong with this one 🙃 thing is, it's induction heating based, which I believe needs a special bowl/banger that's metallic on the outside to generate heat, unlike the 7th Floor which generates the heat at the coil surface. I'm not completely with it with induction stuff but I'm sure any error will be corrected 🙃

~vapeslut.xo~

I know, VAS is strong with this one 🙃 thing is, it's induction heating based, which I believe needs a special bowl/banger that's metallic on the outside to generate heat, unlike the 7th Floor which generates the heat at the coil surface. I'm not completely with it with induction stuff but I'm sure any error will be corrected 🙃
Ah! I see..

~vapeslut.xo~,
Reactions: Falconflys

3migo

Is this a...what day is this?
The Ispire wand won't be able to heat up just the glass Elev8r. If you look at the bangers included with the Ispire, you'll see they have a metal ring inside of them. The wand via induction heating, heats up that metal ring, which in turn heats up the glass banger.

Without something metal inside the Elev8r, there's nothing for the wand to heat via induction.

Additionally, if you already ordered the Elev8r with the coil heater like that, there's not really a need for a different way to heat the Elev8r electronically. The coil will fit the bill perfectly.

androponic

vaped.
The cap is always steel.
well people use these in the induction heaters.

this is what made me think the beads would too. how does the Ti tip heat up then?

angular ocelot

well people use these in the induction heaters.

this is what made me think the beads would too. how does the Ti tip heat up then?
you are getting tip and cap mixed up. they are two different components.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I would expect beads would have too much mass to be efficient with induction. Induction is pretty weak until you step up to 220v.

Plus Ti inside of glass sort of defeats the purpose to me, no? Easier to just get a Flowerpot. I never understood why the terp torch came with glass balls either when the housing was titanium as obviously it would work better if it was all Ti.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
I would expect beads would have too much mass to be efficient with induction. Induction is pretty weak until you step up to 220v.

Plus Ti inside of glass sort of defeats the purpose to me, no? Easier to just get a Flowerpot. I never understood why the terp torch came with glass balls either when the housing was titanium as obviously it would work better if it was all Ti.
how about something with a "finned" or channeled intake, kind of like a radiator or manifold, but super-heats the circulated air... all SS... and uses a big enough housed coil to run efficiently on 2-3 18650s...?

Flowerpots are great....! with a cord...

Portable Induction Convection

Edit: Er, rather, "Portable Inducted Convection Heater".... there you go! you heard it here FIRST! 'PICH'

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
how about something with a "finned" or channeled intake, kind of like a radiator, but super-heats the circulated air... all SS... and uses a big enough housed coil to run efficiently on 2-3 18650s...?

Flowerpots are great....! with a cord...

Portable Induction Convection

I have a rendering of a finned concept in my desktop vaporizer thread, but it's meant more for an enail coil.

I think with induction convection you ideally want some temperature control in there otherwise you're kind of flying in the dark. I was messing with an induction convection idea around 6 months ago but not sure induction really adds much to the concection experience. I'd probably look at it differently if I revisited it, going for more of a hybrid heating style.

Lokbok

i reckon a stainless mesh sleeve over the heater could work. keeps the airpath all glass.
just thinking out loud.

I think this is the way to go. I was trying to see if there was a way to get a metal sleeve on the heater to replicate what they did with the bowl included, but I think that one has a metal sleeve inside.. which defeats the purpose of the Elv8r having an all glass pathway. The metal balls method I read someone on Reddit getting it to work, but his last post mentioned he prob needs to put even more metal balls in there which leads me to believe the taste of the vapor is definitely gonna change. I have plenty of other devices if I just want a quick hit, but the Elev8r is something else with just the basic wand setup. It's so handy for how great the flavor is. I just hate that it needs a huge torch (wife finds it annoying) or be tethered to hot metal (which doesn't work as well in my preferred method of using the basic glass piece) for it to heat efficiently. A better method of heating would elevate the Elev8r as my favorite overall device.

Top Bottom