Does Bong Water Absorb THC?

GratefulDread

I tend to use my bongs dry while vaping, cause I always feel like I lose some potency with water. But I've never actually looked into it.
Does water absorb some of the goodness? If so, how much? It's certainly much smoother with water so If I'm only losing very little, I may switch.

GratefulDread,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Hippie

I know water steals some of the terpenes as you can smell and taste them after a couple of bowls.
What that does to the potency and effects, like if we're actually making it more sedative or more uplifting by running it through the water, I dunno? :shrug:

Alligator427

I tend to use my bongs dry while vaping, cause I always feel like I lose some potency with water. But I've never actually looked into it.
Does water absorb some of the goodness? If so, how much? It's certainly much smoother with water so If I'm only losing very little, I may switch.
THC is hydrophobe. Should not be soluble in water or poorly. If there is a loss of thc, maybe is due to the cooling ?

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
It's made for cooling without water.
Some like warm/hot water to add hydration rather than cooling to soothe hits with vapes, so I have heard, not a big fan of warm water myself but mine usually is warm as I dissolve a little citric acid and cranberry extract to help keep the piece clean for the day.
I have heard the hydrophobe explanation and must agree, just as medicated after enough consumption for me dry or wet but nothing really tested.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Some like warm/hot water to add hydration rather than cooling to soothe hits with vapes, so I have heard, not a big fan of warm water myself but mine usually is warm as I dissolve a little citric acid and cranberry extract to help keep the piece clean for the day.
Yeah I sometimes use like a little over lukewarm, when the water's still warm from cleaning or something. It is a bit different but not really nicer and it never enticed me to refill with warm water when it's cooled off.

I have heard the hydrophobe explanation and must agree, just as medicated after enough consumption for me dry or wet but nothing really tested.
Yeah to me it's mostly a flavor thing. Some pieces get kind of stripped of it by the water. A good dry piece like the Prophet with long cooling vapor path is really nice for vapes that usually do better with water and for vapes that can get harsh at higher temps.

Top Bottom