Does American glass function better than Chinese?

D

Deleted member 63587

I have only bought Chinese glass off DHGate because the price is so much better, but now I'm looking to perfect my vaping experience and I hear everyone talk about how bad Chinese glass is. Is glass from a company like Grav really worth over double the price of the Chinese piece in terms of function? Not really concerned with the thickness, just how well it cools the vapor.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
and from what has been posted recently, some people are saying that Grav is not american glass. That it's made in China and sold under the guise that it is American made with higher prices.

For me, the big difference is thick boro glass vs thin shitty glass that cracks with the slightest tension. Good boro glass can take some light tapping or spills and still survive. So quality and thickness does matter, because it ain't cooling anything if it's broke.

Last edited:

arb

Semi shaved ape
Like I keep saying..........quite a bit of so called local glass is Chinese.
Literally cheaper to buy a piece and resell than it is to fire up the torches and kilns.
I do like to say shit like"I deal with daimoon direct also"when I look at their display and watch'em squirm.
😆

Vaping_Casual

Chinese glass is often made in exploitative and otherwise unsafe ways. Find an American glass artist and purchase work from them.

Vaping_Casual,
  • Sad
Reactions: arb

Kins

Chinese glass is often made in exploitative and otherwise unsafe ways. Find an American glass artist and purchase work from them.

Right, they are produced in sweat shops and the workers really don't have any rights at all.

Kins,
  • Sad

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
Heard claims of chinese glass being recycled and can retain the taste of combusting in the glass. Scary thought of trying to learn a butane vape with one and stain your glass with that taste. How much water does this hold? Idk but enough to make me avoid my cheaper glass from butane vapes because accidents happen...

iDRINKBLEACH,
  • Haha

arb

Semi shaved ape
Heard claims of chinese glass being recycled and can retain the taste of combusting in the glass. Scary thought of trying to learn a butane vape with one and stain your glass with that taste. How much water does this hold? Idk but enough to make me avoid my cheaper glass from butane vapes because accidents happen...
Recycling involves melting.........
Glass can be recycled endlessly by crushing, blending, and melting it together with sand and other starting materials. Doing so benefits manufacturers, the environment, and consumers. Yet each year only one-third of the roughly 10 million metric tons of glass that Americans throw away is recycled.

iDRINKBLEACH

Accessory Maker
I guess what I meant to say. You risk running into soda-lime glass recycled from glass bottles and what not. Theres also reports oh Phoenix using lead to paint their glass. I've never tested myself so I dont know 100%. Is there good glass on there for a good price yeah there is. Is there soda-lime glass pieces with lead paint? Yeah there is. It really comes down to each distributor. It seems like my post was mistaken as I own multiple dhgate pieces and they are good but i also researched the company that uses dhgate to sell. I'm not shitting on it just saying they have different quality control that is expected in America so make sure who you buy from accommodates their quality control for what your looking for.

Last edited:

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@iDRINKBLEACH – My comment was meant totally tongue in cheek of course. :-) Anyway, it doesn't matter where a glass piece is coming from, if a (re)seller (like Grav) claims it's made out of for example borosilicate or quartz, it has to meet fixed criterias I believe.

iDRINKBLEACH

Accessory Maker
@iDRINKBLEACH – My comment was meant totally tongue in cheek of course. :-) Anyway, it doesn't matter where a glass piece is coming from, if a (re)seller (like Grav) claims it's made out of for example borosilicate or quartz, it has to meet fixed criterias I believe.
I believed so :) . Yeah that's what I think. it might be worth looking into if it just says glass also make sure glass is not painted. Soda lime glass would make horrible dab rigs because it doesn't handle temp changes very well. There are many good glass dealers on dhgate just have to be careful as with all purchases that involve ingesting substances. In America cheese only needs to be 51% cheese to claim to be cheese luckily for us I'm sure you cant combine boro n soda lime haha.

Kins

I believed so :) . Yeah that's what I think. it might be worth looking into if it just says glass also make sure glass is not painted. Soda lime glass would make horrible dab rigs because it doesn't handle temp changes very well. There are many good glass dealers on dhgate just have to be careful as with all purchases that involve ingesting substances. In America cheese only needs to be 51% cheese to claim to be cheese luckily for us I'm sure you cant combine boro n soda lime haha.

That's only if you purchase the "pasteurized processed cheese food". If you get regular cheese it's much tastier. By the way I'm giving China glass a chance because I purchased a piece from Sneaky Pete not knowing it was Chinese made. It has color on the mouthpiece and base but that's it.

Kins,
  • Haha

iDRINKBLEACH

Accessory Maker
That's only if you purchase the "pasteurized processed cheese food". If you get regular cheese it's much tastier. By the way I'm giving China glass a chance because I purchased a piece from Sneaky Pete not knowing it was Chinese made. It has color on the mouthpiece and base but that's it.

I always buy sargento natural cheese :) I own a mega globe (2 at one point) that use to be my DD for whip use now I use the FC ufo for whip purposes. He has good glass. Which one did you decide on? His scifi piece always catches my eye.

iDRINKBLEACH,

Kins

I always buy sargento natural cheese :) I own a mega globe (2 at one point) that use to be my DD for whip use now I use the FC ufo for whip purposes. He has good glass. Which one did you decide on? His scifi piece always catches my eye.

This one,

arb

Semi shaved ape
I must be super lucky as all the China glass I have has been good.
A couple pieces came broken but were replaced with a picture.
Wonky joints everywhere and some doctor seussian angles but still work great.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Wow, do we actually have a recycling system dedicated to used bong pieces?
I could have given them a lot of broken bong shards of boro over the last couple of years if there was such a thing!
My bong post has slowed the breaking pain and my Chinese made recycler functions great,

iDRINKBLEACH

Accessory Maker
I've held my tongue, but the title of this thread irks me every time I read it...

It just bleeds American pride and the assumption American is always "better."
Let me get off my high horse I couldn't hear ya down there. Haha just joking. I think were only first at a few things I know two of them are amount of $ we spend on military and # of people incarcerated. I know there is more but those two are the ones I can name off the top of the ol noggin

Top Bottom