Does a burn-safe desktop heavy exist?

Nina

It is a terrible problem but surely the bottom line is there isn't a way to use a hot thing, without using a hot thingšŸ¤¦šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø
I use the flower pot, I'm pretty happy with it but I'm very careful and specific about the setup, I try to make it as fail-safe as possible šŸ˜‡

Corvoed

Cannabis Crusader
I love the eNano but it has given me more burns than any other vape, mostly from leaving the hot glass sitting in the bong and reaching over it, leading to several burn circles on the underside of my front arm. I have used the FP daily for years now and have not once burned myself with it, so I consider coil-based vapes perfectly safe.
ah I see, hasn't happened to me yet, but I suppose it's always a matter of when and not if eh? :)

Corvoed,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
My OPINION, as someone that concerns myself with both battery and fire safety, I applaud the OPā€™s thread question.

I think a decent part of the equation is ā€œcommon senseā€, which we learn is not really common.

For instance, since I vape mostly alone, my considerations are far different then someone with a family, kids, pets etc.
I reached over my hot CH DCup rig, similar to my CH B1, on a stand, got a quick burn, have been much more aware since then and burn free. But, itā€™s smart to look ahead, when you may be tired, drinking, other meds/drugs, whatever, then get high/medicated, the chances of a hot burn go up for me or anyone, but Iā€™m willing to risk it without adding any heat shields, or depriving myself of a HOT heavy hitter device, and some manufacturers do sell add on heat shield accessories.

We obviously know a battery operated device like a Mighty isnā€™t going to burn anyone, but the OP specifically asked about ā€œdesktop heavyā€, and is concerned with other users well being, that maybe new and inexperienced, or was not warned in advance. While not applicable to my current needs, the insulated wooden log style vapes seem to be a top contender as a solution for the OP. Personally, Iā€™ve never owned or used a log vape, so Iā€™m just going with my own common sense.

FUNNY STORY TIME, as related to not warning someone before sharing a vape.

Work friend came over years ago, as I was getting into bubble hash at the time and concentrates. He was a heavy joint smoker. I forgot to tell him, what I had learned.... that you donā€™t need to hold the hit in, like a joint to get the results. Well, itā€™s funny now I guess, but he took a huge, fresh hit, and I watched him hold it in for what seemed like forever, but I was too late to react, I was baked myself. Well.... I thought he was going to die, he was almost choking to death, and turned red and sweating. Thankfully, he survived, but went back to joints.

So just like my first vape device skin burn, I LEARNED a valuable lesson, as did my friend....

cvs8floz

ah I see, hasn't happened to me yet, but I suppose it's always a matter of when and not if eh? :)
I think that's a big consideration when settling on a daily driver, I prefer something that has never attacked me along with something that doesn't make me cough, and those parameters can change over time

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I suppose you're right, the crossover market between enthusiast users seeking an endless supply of power for their consumption devices and casual users who want an intrinsically safe device must be small.

I definitely think thatā€™s the case, also that on a more mainstream level a lot of people wanting a ā€œsafeā€ heavy hitter are just going to buy a Puffco Peak or other concentrate based e-rig instead.

Corvoed

Cannabis Crusader
I think that's a big consideration when settling on a daily driver, I prefer something that has never attacked me along with something that doesn't make me cough, and those parameters can change over time
I just find it interesting because it just seems more likely to burn yourself on a flowerpot vs a log vape. The heater is much more enclosed vs a more open hot object. But it's all good

Nina

more likely to burn yourself on a flowerpot
Absolutely you are more likely to burn yourself on a flower pot! And this is why I treat mine like it's a dangerous animal that could attack me, I keep it 'caged' so that it can't. Even so the thing is scary and safety is VVV important, I might over time decide to go for something less risky.
I long for the perfect vape devicešŸ’ž
But if it existed might that make it too easy to be stoned all the time?

Nina,

cvs8floz

I just find it interesting because it just seems more likely to burn yourself on a flowerpot vs a log vape. The heater is much more enclosed vs a more open hot object. But it's all good
I guess we all need to find a device we are comfortable with, there is no right or wrong answer here. It probably has to do with body geometry and how we move, there are some actions you repeat constantly when vaping and you just develop a routing that keeps body parts away from the hot parts.

JollyGreenGiant

I bought the couch log yesterday for this reason. I find small, handheld devices or devices I can keep out on the coffee table all the time that hit hard and have good flavor get the most use for me. If itā€™s going to sit out all the time, I donā€™t want something thatā€™ll easily cause burns. Burning yourself with a log vape is possible, but it would be awfully difficult to do so and youā€™d probably have to be doing something careless. If the couch log hits harder than the TinyMight - and has flavor as good as a Tafee Bowle - Iā€™ll have a new favorite. When it shows up in a month or two, Iā€™ll let you know.

Last edited:

510vaporent

Funny this is brought up because just yesterday my plug asked me for a desktop recommendation and I recommended he check out cannabis hardware's selection. He ended up buying the baller head and I immediately thought fuck I hope he has enough common sense not to burn himself or his house down

Top Bottom