• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Doctors Recommend Giving Up Smoking and Vaping During Coronavirus

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
In fact, this is a pretty wise decision because when you exhale smoke, your saliva microparticles can get into the air, and if you are infected you can infect anyone. So this is logical.

So why would there be saliva particles in smoke but not in exhaled air?

Siebter,
Reactions: macbill

Mono Loco

So why would there be saliva particles in smoke but not in exhaled air?
Maybe (?) ... the particles would normally just fall to the ground, but those suspended in smoke travel farther and therefore pose a slightly higher risk.

Mono Loco,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I smoked for almost 30 years. It seems to me most hits i took, I endeavored to drive the smoke deeper than just a normal breath of air. So maybe deeper breaths contain more moisture? Sorry, I don't even play a doctor on TV. Ya gots me.

hinglemccringleberry

In other words, there is no solid evidence that smoking or vaping marijuana compromises the lungs in the way that tobacco/nicotine does or in the way described in the article. If such evidence exists, please point to it.

When I had the full blown flu, I continued to vape cannabis (despite it not being that enjoyable - I did it anyway because I was an addict), resulting in me getting bacterial bronchitis.
Had I ceased vaping when I became sick with the flu, my lungs would have gotten better. Instead, my lungs steadily got worse until one morning I coughed up a golf ball sized chunk of blood. Then I had to go to urgent care. Doctor did a test and found a culture. I had to go on antibiotics and was forced to stop vaping for 2 weeks. Had I not gone on antibiotics, it wouldve spread and eventually killed me.

Last edited:

ginolicious

When I had the full blown flu, I continued to vape cannabis (despite it not being that enjoyable - I did it anyway because I was an addict), resulting in me getting bacterial bronchitis.
Had I ceased vaping when I became sick with the flu, my lungs would have gotten better. Instead, my lungs steadily got worse until one morning I coughed up a golf ball sized chunk of blood. Then I had to go to urgent care. Doctor did a test and found a culture. I had to go on antibiotics. Had I not gone on antibiotics,it wouldve turned into pneumonia, and eventually killed me.
The evidence is all there, both empirical and anecdotal.. If you get a respiratory infection, STOP VAPING.

yeah I had a similar experience with the coughing up the blood size golf ball. Really hurts spitting that up. Gets stuck in the throat. Mind you I got sick and didn’t vape. And that was happening to me for days.

ginolicious,

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
This is perhaps the most even-handed and reasonable discussion of cannabis use during the COVID 19 pandemic:

http://www.medleafrx.com/articles/covid-19-and-cannabis-a-good-or-bad-combination

Couple highlights......pun intended.....

Should cannabis users refrain from all smoking/vaping during this time?
Avoiding lung irritation is the first line of defense against this illness.
Any inhaled substance may affect the respiratory system. Cannabis smoke can cause visible lung irritation and microscopic injury to the pulmonary epithelium (the tiny cells that line most of the respiratory tract as respiratory mucosa). Exposing lung tissue to vape aerosols (e-cigarettes) can increase the release of inflammatory cytokines, macrophages, neutrophils, and lymphocytes. Basically, the lung tissue is trying to mount an "immune response."

Can you explain how COVID-19 affects the lungs of those who are infected? In layman's terms, please!
When COVID-19 attacks the respiratory lining becomes injured, causing inflammation. This irritates the nerves in the lining of the airway and can spread into the gas exchange units (alveoli). This article illustrates the changes COVD-19 can have on the lungs.
Normal, healthy lung tissue is light and fluffy, like whipped cream. COVID-19 coats the lung tissue with a yellow ooze and turns the lung texture to marshmallow. This thick coating blocks the free flow of oxygen. As the virus invades and takes over, patients lose their ability to breathe and may need a ventilator. At this point, the marshmallow coating of the lung tissue begins to stiffen, and the lungs' capacity to take in oxygen diminishes. This is often the point when the patient's life hangs in the balance. This virtual reality video brilliantly illustrates COVID-19's path of destruction.

Could cannabis' benefits outweigh potential harm for those who are affected or even at risk? Should COVID-19 patients abstain entirely?
No, I do not believe you have to abstain from cannabis, but you should explore alternatives to inhaling.

Cannabis has medicinal and therapeutic benefits. It is anti-inflammatory, anti-anxiety, anti-pain, antiviral and immune-modulating. THC in small doses have been found to be a bronchodilator and has been shown to quell the cytokine storm (when the immune system goes into overdrive and causes an inflammatory flare) in animal models.

Cannabinoids have also been shown to decrease the overall inflammation in the body, which means it's one less thing for your body to fight against. You can also lessen inflammation through diet and regular restorative sleep. Anything that reduces inflammation or stress in your body and mind benefits your immune system. So whether you're using cannabis for muscle spasm, to keep calm, or to sleep – it can be a therapeutic adjunct to your self-care, wellness, or health regimen.

Goatbass

DIWhy
Entirely anecdotal evidence so take it as you may.

I got positive on Aug 3 and had high fever until the 6th. That's when my fevers subsided and I felt normal-ish. That's when I started vaping. However, one thing I noticed was that after I was done with my vapcap sesh, my fever would spike around 101F or 100F. I didn't really think much of it since the pot was helping my appetite and letting me get good rest.

However, from the 10th, I had high fever again 103 which is unrelated to cannabis as a lot of people have increased symptoms in the second week. This time, I decided to abstain from vaping for a day or so and I felt better.

As a test, I did three separate sesh's during times I don't usually have fever. Usually the fever shoots up according to routine. So I picked three different time slots when I usually don't have any fever and decided to use the vapcap. All three times I reported a fever temperature between 100F-101F.

Plus I had increased coughing afterwards as well with more mucous in my throat.

Overall, since this is an infection of the lungs, agitating it with vapor smoke might have been causing issues.

I got off vaping pot the last 2-3 days and my overall health has improved which also could be attributed to the natural progression of my body healing.

Thought I would report my experiences as a covid positive vaper.

Hoping to read more.

C No Ego

Entirely anecdotal evidence so take it as you may.

I got positive on Aug 3 and had high fever until the 6th. That's when my fevers subsided and I felt normal-ish. That's when I started vaping. However, one thing I noticed was that after I was done with my vapcap sesh, my fever would spike around 101F or 100F. I didn't really think much of it since the pot was helping my appetite and letting me get good rest.

However, from the 10th, I had high fever again 103 which is unrelated to cannabis as a lot of people have increased symptoms in the second week. This time, I decided to abstain from vaping for a day or so and I felt better.

As a test, I did three separate sesh's during times I don't usually have fever. Usually the fever shoots up according to routine. So I picked three different time slots when I usually don't have any fever and decided to use the vapcap. All three times I reported a fever temperature between 100F-101F.

Plus I had increased coughing afterwards as well with more mucous in my throat.

Overall, since this is an infection of the lungs, agitating it with vapor smoke might have been causing issues.

I got off vaping pot the last 2-3 days and my overall health has improved which also could be attributed to the natural progression of my body healing.

Thought I would report my experiences as a covid positive vaper.

Hoping to read more.

it is showing to be better @ prevention ( a cytokine storm abatement treatment) . an ingestible form will be better after infected as vapor is a minor irritant in the lungs, airwyas ETC ... THC too has shown to be a throat irritant when made into an asthma inhaler and inhaled for bronchodilation . ingesting it via edible otr oil form will help your cells stay oxygenated ( COX / LOX)

C No Ego,

Goatbass

DIWhy
it is showing to be better @ prevention ( a cytokine storm abatement treatment) . an ingestible form will be better after infected as vapor is a minor irritant in the lungs, airwyas ETC ... THC too has shown to be a throat irritant when made into an asthma inhaler and inhaled for bronchodilation . ingesting it via edible otr oil form will help your cells stay oxygenated ( COX / LOX)

Unfortunately, edibles don't work on me at all so ingesting is not an option. Self-restraint is the way to go for me haha.

C No Ego

Unfortunately, edibles don't work on me at all so ingesting is not an option. Self-restraint is the way to go for me haha.
yeah ,some people cannot convert THC over to 11 hydroxy ... have you ingested FECO / RSO @ a gram or more per dose?

C No Ego,

Goatbass

DIWhy
have you ingested FECO / RSO @ a gram or more per dose?

Nah, not available where I live. However, I made some really potent butter from ABV that floored most of my friends at 1 tsp. I had like 5-6 tbsps at once and maaaaaaybe I felt a little more comfy than I did but yeah, doesn't work. I even tried having antacid before edibles. No luck. I guess I lost the genetic lottery in this case.

Goatbass,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

C No Ego

Nah, not available where I live. However, I made some really potent butter from ABV that floored most of my friends at 1 tsp. I had like 5-6 tbsps at once and maaaaaaybe I felt a little more comfy than I did but yeah, doesn't work. I even tried having antacid before edibles. No luck. I guess I lost the genetic lottery in this case.
ok, I've seen reports of it workking if the person eats a meal and then eats their eidble ( oil) within 45 minutes afterwards ... first pass metaoblism is neede that first 45 minutes so some of the canna metabolites make it past first pass .... this has allowed some people to feel effects when they otherwise would not if taken without a meal ETC... could work for you too ... make sure to eat a meal with lots of fat in it

Goatbass

DIWhy
ok, I've seen reports of it workking if the person eats a meal and then eats their eidble ( oil) within 45 minutes afterwards ... first pass metaoblism is neede that first 45 minutes so some of the canna metabolites make it past first pass .... this has allowed some people to feel effects when they otherwise would not if taken without a meal ETC... could work for you too ... make sure to eat a meal with lots of fat in it

Thank you so much for the suggestions! I'll give it a go after a fatty meal then and report back.

Top Bottom