• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

DIY Ti DC Elev8r

I had an idea for a titanium DCE sort of concept and since I have no plans on building it I thought I'd share it right away.

Parts:

1x Cannabis Hardware 18mm Male Post for ShovelHead Bowl
1x ½" rimmed basket screen
1x ¾" pipe screen formed to fit in the top of the post
1x 16mm e-nail coil
1x e-nail PID controller
?x 3mm balls of desired material (DDave's Ti balls would be perfect for the Ti fetishists)
1x your choice of 18mm injector style bowl

Assembly:

- Insert basket screen into the joint end of the post. If it falls out, use a tool to push out the edges of the screen to expand it until it fits nice and tight. REMBER: This is what's keeping the balls from falling out so it needs to be quite secure!
- Fill the post up with beads leaving enough room for the top screen (this could perhaps even be secured with an S&B dosing capsule lid, but I can't confirm the fit)
- Insert the top screen
- Attach the coil and adjust as you see fit
- Enjoy!

If anyone tries this PLEASE post pictures and results

MechFam

For this build, is there a recommendation for stretching the coil vs leaving unstretched? @slikrick photo shows a bit stretched and @VGOODIEZ photos show unstretched w most of the coil on the top 1/3 of the post.

MechFam,

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
For this build, is there a recommendation for stretching the coil vs leaving unstretched? @slikrick photo shows a bit stretched and @VGOODIEZ photos show unstretched w most of the coil on the top 1/3 of the post.
Either will work. He repurposed his DC-Elev8R so his coil was stretched already. We have offered them up to customers both ways. Kits we sell now are unstretched but we will provide stretched if the customer to request it. I haven't done any scientific testing but I would assume the stretched could provide some more even heating. But the advantage of the unstretched is the coil won't get in the way of sealing with the injector bowl. This is a particular issue with some of the Elev8R bowls that are out there. The TiTi injector needs to drop down deeper to make a seal but if the coil is not placed properly it can get in the way of allowing that seal.

Top Bottom