DIY "Glass SymphoMini" Guide

fazZ8484

Hey guys,
ive created long time ago the the "DIY Glass Symphony" that driven me to create the "Glass SymphoMini"

Now, Qaroma sales 18 Pass through adapter and it can be built by anyone ! :D
so heres the guide :

hope you like it ;)

Last edited:

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
@fazZ8484 thanks for sharing this list man! I ran through the part list quickly and had a few questions about specifics on parts. First was about the cartridge heater and innerbody links. There are multiple length options on their pages and just want to confirm that I would get the 100mm version of both?

There‘s a short and long option on the side handle page, which is the one I want?

Then I had a similar question about sizes on the 5pcs Silicone Cap, would I choose the M or L pack?

When I got to the 4mm balls Amazon page, I wondered if I actually need 500 balls on a single SymphoMini? Do you have an estimate of how many were used? If I really need 500, that’s cool - but if it’s 350, I’d like to know.

I don’t venture into the DIY space here often, so pretending that you’re explaining things to a cartoon stoner school bus driver may help. I also haven’t watched the YT video and just realised it might have the answers, but as I’ve already typed all this and perhaps some other poor lost soul might want to know, I’m gonna go ahead and ask now.

Thanks again my man, and hope you won’t mind answering what are probably dumb questions. :peace:

Last edited:

Hippie

Good list :tup:
I love my 19/26 GS sssses :love:

I think there's a typo in the balls section, and it should say 2.5mm like it does in the link
It depends on how much of the side arm you want to fill - I'd buy the 500 altho I don't fill the sidearm, in my recent builds, and also have a couple with no balls in, which run about 100F hotter

I recommend adding some keck clips to hold it all together, to the list too

MoltenTiger

great build. Looks to work really well.

What are the heat soak times like? i.e. How long does it take before you get a rip like in the video?

MoltenTiger,
  • Love
Reactions: fazZ8484

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
I didn’t see the pass through adapter in Biao T’s dhgate shop. Honestly I’d rather get it there at dhg with other bits rather than ordering just that one part from the quoroma folks.

After not being around FC and coincidentally not buying any new vapes, I‘m now honeymooning with a CouchLog plus there are two more devices incoming, so I don’t know how much justification/motivation I’ll be able to muster in 2022 but I’d definitely like to make one of these mini symphonic bad boys.

fazZ8484

I didn’t see the pass through adapter in Biao T’s dhgate shop. Honestly I’d rather get it there at dhg with other bits rather than ordering just that one part from the quoroma folks.

After not being around FC and coincidentally not buying any new vapes, I‘m now honeymooning with a CouchLog plus there are two more devices incoming, so I don’t know how much justification/motivation I’ll be able to muster in 2022 but I’d definitely like to make one of these mini symphonic bad boys.
Yea bro you are right, its on Popularglass store, I added the link to the list above

Big

The link to the inner body piece isn’t working for me. Anyone know what the part is/where else to get it?

Thanks for putting these lists together @fazZ8484, they’re awesome.

Big,

Hippie

They're 100mm thermometer adapter tubes
They make them with various joint sizes that you can use for different size GS builds
19/26 https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003417599899.html?
24/29 https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32890540712.html?
24/40 https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32733050616.html?

Also wanted to say ...
I recently ordered a few 19/26 outer bodies from the PopularGlass link in the Symphomini list but they're about an inch too short for our needs now unfortunately. There are loads of other claisen and 3 way adapters you can use instead but I can't find any like tho old PopularGlass ones with the long body section and high female jointed size arm now - unless anyone has seen any?

Hippie,

Big

They're 100mm thermometer adapter tubes
They make them with various joint sizes that you can use for different size GS builds
19/26 https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003417599899.html?
24/29 https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32890540712.html?
24/40 https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32733050616.html?

Also wanted to say ...
I recently ordered a few 19/26 outer bodies from the PopularGlass link in the Symphomini list but they're about an inch too short for our needs now unfortunately. There are loads of other claisen and 3 way adapters you can use instead but I can't find any like tho old PopularGlass ones with the long body section and high female jointed size arm now - unless anyone has seen any?
Thanks 👍

None of those links are working for me, but I think you’re talking about a thermometer adapter like this?https://www.ebay.com/itm/185438019557

And, would this work for the outer body? https://www.aliexpress.us/item/2251832548352921.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.main.47.4262d2Ykd2YktI&algo_pvid=dcaa6f6d-a53f-4be2-88e5-5ddd4af7f0ff&algo_exp_id=dcaa6f6d-a53f-4be2-88e5-5ddd4af7f0ff-23&pdp_npi=3@dis!USD!9.3!9.3!!!!!@211bd7d616837992962527660d0833!61438936472!sea!US!4567027332&curPageLogUid=vBhZG1YHrfFw

Big,

Hippie

Yes and yes it should work, altho I'd prefer it if the side arm were a little higher so the incoming air comes into contact with more of the thermometer tube

Hippie,

Hippie

I'd say that one looks better but you never know exactly what you're gonna get until it arrives from the Chinese warehouse sellers as it's not really a consideration for the manufacturers as it makes no difference to the functionality in their minds (in a normal use scenario lol)

Hippie,

shroomi

Just stumbled upon this thread and now I want to build my own! I see however that the list in OP is somewhat lacking: I can't find an outer body and a heating rod (like many I already own a PID, so I just need the heating element).
The closest I came to an outer body is the J-021406 option of the object found here, but I have to contact the seller for the exact measurements, and the side pathway connects a bit too low to the main body.
I should add I'm in Europe, so dhgate and aliexpress are my best options, I think. I have no problem sourcing the rest of the required items, like the inner body or the accessories, I just need the core items 😅 If someone has any pointers that would be greatly appreciated!
I have searched a bit the chinese markets, and this shop makes a wide range of heating coils and cartridges, but few options are XLR wired and none of the ones that are measure 100mm.
Now that I think about it, the cartridge could be sourced from the b2cvape guys, since they sell those in the hot plates+pid kit.

shroomi,

Hippie

Torpright wire their controllers and elements differently so you don't want to connect an enail coil to a Topright PID controller or a Topright element to an enail PID.

This style claisen is another option
Ideally you want the side arm as high as possible and the mid section as big as possible so you can probably find something with a shorter pinch point at the bottom, with a little searching

Hippie,

shroomi

Torpright wire their controllers and elements differently so you don't want to connect an enail coil to a Topright PID controller or a Topright element to an enail PID.

This style claisen is another option
Ideally you want the side arm as high as possible and the mid section as big as possible so you can probably find something with a shorter pinch point at the bottom, with a little searching
Thanks, I was in fact checking their wiring, and I'd have to buy a Pid too. Gotta contact the b2cguys for heating cartridges options, if they can make a custom order.

I was checking out also the revised version of the three way adapter by popular glass, maybe it could fit a shorter heater? That to build a more compact version of the symphomini, that would be cool

shroomi,

Hippie

You'll need a matching thermometer tube for a shorter element and body

I tried to make one with a 40mm thermometer tube in a couple of different carbed pass through adapters and some heater carts from my collection but it wasn't very good. I think the elements I used were underpowered and the centre of the heat was in the wrong place for a GS

I've made a lot of soldering iron vapes too so putting a soldering iron element in a carbed pass though adapter and filling it up with balls wasn't too difficult to make a working ball vape but it's not really a GS, for me.

Hippie,
Reactions: shroomi
Top Bottom