• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

DIY butane vape

DocAnchovy

First of all, this thread is for all diy butane vapes. Please share your own builds and let’s all discuss.

I haven’t seen a previous diy thread for this. If I missed it let me know and we’ll get a mod to combine.

To start things off I’m going to share my diy butane vape:

I’ve been messing around with diy vapes and put together a rough rendition. Officially called the “Anchovy Slider,” this is working prototype 1. Planning to record a walkthrough of the entire second build, and will detail all parts throughout. 90% of the parts are from amazon and all parts can be purchased online.

Wood is cherry, glass is for rolling as a mouthpiece, silicone o rings, ss mesh basket, and 2 diametric magnets.

tools used Outside of acquiring the blank: hand saw, hand drill, clamps, 2 part epoxy, ruler, sharpie, parchment paper

As far as functionality goes, the only area of concern planned to update in both v1 and the future v2 is the glass. I don’t trust the quality and am unsure if they are boro (probably not) and how well they handle repeated heat cycles.

this is all part of the opensource cannabis community, and once refined every step will be shared. If you’d like to collaborate, please be aware that the plans are opensource, not to make that intoxicating moolah cash $.

Let me know thoughts, constructive criticism, and your own builds/ideas!

FAF66E57-3A9A-4E91-B6BA-62E9AD18D382.jpeg

5615CDF8-DE54-402E-86FC-2670453CC319.jpeg

Last edited:

DocAnchovy

What if you "wedged" the design and void the turn-back on the draw tube.
I don’t quite follow, can you explain the wedge?

The turn back was part of the design to allow the wood to cool the vape rather than needing much glass. The vapor hits 3 elbow turns before hitting the mouthpiece so it’s very smooth. I actually would like to see if others build their own, but plan to do a few more variations myself; one with no “mouthpiece” at all, just the glass intake and a smoothed out draw corner.

DocAnchovy,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I'm thinking the heater tube block sits in a pocket where the vape is wedge shaped. This removes the transfer from the lower block to the upper block. I assume the transfer is for user comfort.

TommyDee,

DocAnchovy

Would you look at that. Well yes with a little more flair please.
will definitely experiment, but I also like using the wood as a more intricate cooling mechanic. If we can fit a 90 somewhere I think we should:myday:

There are others out there much more skilled than I am; many who maybe haven’t shared but may want to get their diy builds out there. Hopefully we can get some more guys in on the action with unique diy innovations :borg:

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
will definitely experiment, but I also like using the wood as a more intricate cooling mechanic. If we can fit a 90 somewhere I think we should:myday:

There are others out there much more skilled than I am; many who maybe haven’t shared but may want to get their diy builds out there. Hopefully we can get some more guys in on the action with unique diy innovations :borg:

8d6.jpg
It's a cool design. I'm wanting to try my hand at making one a long with another diy but will be busy at work for the next couple months

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
Just wondering since this thread is diy butane vape related. Do you think you could do a polycrylic image transfer to the outer body with no side effects?

iDRINKBLEACH,
Reactions: DocAnchovy

DocAnchovy

Just wondering since this thread is diy butane vape related. Do you think you could do a polycrylic image transfer to the outer body with no side effects?
Don’t know much about this. Can you share more info or an example?

DocAnchovy,

DocAnchovy

Very cool. I’ve never seen that and it looks as if the application remains just on the exterior/aesthetic so I imagine it’s safe.
I’d be very careful about how far it May leech into the wood, and what exactly curing time is. Also can’t hurt to see what the worst case scenario is if you heated and inhaled it, just to know... assess a rough risk ratio to it. That is just me being cautious.

DocAnchovy,

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Just a fun project on a boring moment.

Had several wood Solo/Air stems of Ed’s, loaded a bit of grass on to the screen, took a small glass heat intake
From an SB Flip, fired up an Aomai single flame.

Got baked.

—Pretended I was on an island.

(Had a VapCAp inside the Aomai Flintlock carrier, just in case) :spliff:

Does it just work by using the hot butane exhaust like the stickybrick style vapes? Can we design a vape that separates the air you breath from the burner exhaust? Im not judging you for doing that, im just one of those people who feels grossed out by it. If we could design more vapes like that butane vapes could get more love from people like me who love butane but dont like the tiny little vapcaps or the supreme.

Duba

Accessory Maker
Hello,
Thanks for your sharing!
I tried to make one wood on demand vape using in part yours plans :

Glass parts come from Dreamwood but in use, i prefer the SBL ones (more big, strongest, easiest to use).
For my next prototype, i'll try this heat-intake: (similar as SBL but with a restrictor disc inside). What do you think about it?

https://buyvapo.eu/dysza-ograniczajaca-restrictor-glass-50mm.html?___store=eu

This one is in acacia wood and my next one maybe in boxwood
++

Duba

Accessory Maker
Top Bottom