Divine Tribe V4 cleaning advice...l think l broke it x_x

~Elizabeth~

~fucking combustion since June 1st, 2022~
ok guys

l think l may have fucked up lol

the other day while preparing for a new load into my Divine Tribe V4 vape, l noticed that on top of the heat sink below the atomizer there was a small amount of rosin residue. l dismantled it and used an ISO-dampened q tip to clean it, reassembled it, went to take a toke and...nothing.

Thinking the coil had coincidentally died, l tried replacing it but still: no luck.

lt gets a tad warm, it will melt my rosin into liquid but it's still clearly not working right and won't vaporize my product.

l tried going onto the v4 wiki for detailed cleaning instructions to see how to properly clean the top of the heat sink and to see if l broke it that way, but l keep getting a weird message and am unable to view it.

WDY think you guys, did l just fuck up my atomizer/do l need to buy a new one?

much appreciation in advance <3

feralcomprehension

Qualified Observer
Don't have any direct experience with that product but if it was working before you took it apart and now it only gets warm sounds like the electrical connections between the parts has been compromised. If it was mine I'd take it apart again, make sure all interfacing surfaces are clean (pencil eraser is known-good) and carefully reassemble.

~Elizabeth~

Don't have any direct experience with that product but if it was working before you took it apart and now it only gets warm sounds like the electrical connections between the parts has been compromised. If it was mine I'd take it apart again, make sure all interfacing surfaces are clean (pencil eraser is known-good) and carefully reassemble.
hey, tysm for your input! (:

so all the interfacing surfaces are definitely clean; l made sure of that when it was disassembled and l was cleaning it. (not sure what you mean by the pencil eraser bit?)

l contacted the company and they got back to me VERY quickly, saying that they'd do their best to help me and that it's sounding like "most likely it is not the entire piece and only single part, normally it is the heater." They asked me what settings and what mod l'm using to help further with diagnosing which part is broken. Looking forward to what they have to say in their response!

Edit: just tried accessing the v4 wiki, and this time it actually worked! :D followed a link to a youtube vid of this dude cleaning his tank (here if anyone's interested:
), and he drops the entire heat sink into iso to soak. So l'm starting to question now just what the fuck l managed to do to my mod if l didn't break it that way lol

Last edited:
~Elizabeth~,

Hippie

It does sound like a bad electrical contact somewhere

The resistance of the donut coil should read about 0.49ohms when the connections are good

~Elizabeth~

It does sound like a bad electrical contact somewhere

The resistance of the donut coil should read about 0.49ohms when the connections are good
o: it reads 0.47...do you think that's close enough? l just find it so bizarre that it should not work when everything l did was returned to it's original state when done cleaning. lf anything l'd think the electrical contact would be even BETTER now that it doesn't have rosin on it. A true head scratcher lol

~Elizabeth~,

Hippie

We can work with that

You can increase the locked resistance in 0.001 increments to increase the coil temp (as it's running cool)
If using Arctic Fox firmware - Hold up and fire to get to the menu > top option in the list (whatever you've named it) > coil > use up and down to adjust and fire to set > exit

Last edited:

~Elizabeth~

We can work with that

You can increase the locked resistance in 0.001 increments to increase the coil temp (as it's running cool)
If using Arctic Fox firmware - Hold up and fire to get to the menu > top option in the list (whatever you've named it) > coil > use up and down to adjust and fire to set > exit
oh l had no idea! so l found out that as long as the ohms are between 0.43 and 0.52 that it should work. l found out my problem tho; see my edited post!
Only that they're commonly recommended for burnishing electrical contacts without damage.
oh fascinating, l had no idea!

edit: whatta goon, forgot you can't edit your post after awhile xD

so this is either really embarrassing or really funny (possibly both) but l found my problem and it was a very basic one: l was in the wrong mode lmao!! They recommend Ni for my quartz coils and l was using Ti xD switched it over and it's puffing along just fine now!! lt's a crazy coincidence that it stopped working RIGHT after l did my thing with it. lt's vaporizing much easier now than ever before. l feel so silly haha, but am glad that l got to weasel my way out of shelling out $39 for a new tank when mine wasn't even broken xD

Thanks everyone who took the time to view/respond to my post, appreciate ya! <3

Top Bottom