• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Divine Tribe \ SZ Crossing - Lightning Pen

rvarick

Anyone know if the LP cup can be wiped off/cleaned with anything (iso, water, etc.)? Instructions only indicated to wipe it off with a qtip while warm, however the stains on the outside of the cup (unnecessarily) bug me. I actually wish it was coated dark on the outside as well!

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
Iso won't harm the outside or the inside of the LP cup. That said, when mine gets dirty I burn it clean. I set the power to max and run it for two or three cycles and the cup comes clean, both inside and outside. You might want to pause for 20 or 30 seconds between the second and third cleaning burns (if a third is necessary).

felvapes

Anyone know if the LP cup can be wiped off/cleaned with anything (iso, water, etc.)? Instructions only indicated to wipe it off with a qtip while warm, however the stains on the outside of the cup (unnecessarily) bug me. I actually wish it was coated dark on the outside as well!
I am similar to those comments above
I wipe out fresh with a mouth moistened qtip or two
When the stains annoy me I will do the burn off clean, I do two cycles and a third if really bad
Comes out pretty much new looking

biohacker

I'm concerned about the flavour, as apparently even the lowest setting seems to be too hot for many people and thus have to resort to pulsing. And then it gets even more difficult as the battery gets closer to 50% so you need to increase the temp a level or pulse for longer. Seems like the LP is more a winner on a temp controlled box mod if you can stick to micro doses and babysit your draw speed.

Last edited:

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
Are all you LP owners still getting along with it?

Just fine.

Does what is was designed to do perfectly imo.

Quick hit before supermarket, on walk etc.
Anything more demanding then I take a mod and dtv5.

I personally find the taste really good for the size. And I find lowest temperature fine. No need for pulsing.

Slow draw and I've yet to have serious overflow issues.

Maybe I've been lucky?

At £60 it's a steal I think.

How much is that proxy/cricket again?

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
Okay the honeymoon period ended rather rapidly, and with catastrophe.

I never liked the cruise mode. What's the point? You have to pulse the fire button most the time to stop the tiny bucket overflowing. I have never needed cruise. However I have activated it a few times by accident, burning the bucket and overflowing my dab.

Overall even with pulsing the fire button, my dab overflows 70% of the time. Then I lose some. When it works, it great. Super portable and great flavour.

Then the accident happened. My lightning pen went off in my rucksack in cruise mode. It was in a pouch and somehow it activated. It's fried. The fire button is melted and jammed. The pouch has slightly melted.

So will I buy a replacement? No.

I decided to buy a backup to my DTv5 - a CUB. I have been using my DTV5 more recently and it's way better. You can leave the dense oils, and just vape the good stuff. Zero overflows.

Will look out for the lightning pen 2. A slightly bigger bucket, no cruise mode and it could be a real winner.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I never liked the cruise mode. What's the point? You have to pulse the fire button most the time to stop the tiny bucket overflowing. I have never needed cruise. However I have activated it a few times by accident, burning the bucket and overflowing my dab.

I have had no issues with the “cruise mode”, I use it, especially when using an upright bubbler. Once I learned it’s a micro doser, I only put in a tiny amount of concentrate, no overflowing here.

Then the accident happened. My lightning pen went off in my rucksack in cruise mode. It was in a pouch and somehow it activated.

Haven’t traveled with mine, but have used many devices that use the standard 5 clicks for OFF. While I guess it’s possible, most likely you didn’t use the 5 clicks to turn it off before putting it in your bag?

IMHO: It’s a limited device, at a good price, but I’ve been using the Cricket more, but don’t regret the purchase.

biohacker

how are you all keeping your atty clean? Is it possible to just dunk it in iso for 20 mins like a Puffco atty? Or are there some parts like the v5 that are allergic to ISO?

biohacker,

biohacker

A few cleaning tips at the top of this page….

Yes for the cup, inside and outside, but i'm referring to the actual guts of the atomizer. I know a took kit is included, but i'm curious if the entire thing can be dunked/soaked (like a Puffco Peak or Proxy atty).

EDIT: Found the answer on Reddit... NO ISO SOAKING atomizer.

btka

Yes for the cup, inside and outside, but i'm referring to the actual guts of the atomizer. I know a took kit is included, but i'm curious if the entire thing can be dunked/soaked (like a Puffco Peak or Proxy atty).

EDIT: Found the answer on Reddit... NO ISO SOAKING atomizer.
I think the cup part you can clean on highest setting (after 3 or 4 times) it should be clean ( burned)… that is what I read…

Squashdog

Hi all, does anyone know why I get so much concentrate leaking out from the screw holes? They are not loose. It’s been happening consistently since day one. Also, how are you guys attaching this pen to a hydratube? I’ve tried, but the seal doesn’t seem great and I’m getting pretty much no cloud.

Squashdog,

jarr92

Got the LP a few days ago and loving it so far. I’ve been using medium setting with no attachments, works great. Crazy how small and efficient this thing is. The thunder cap is a nice addition as well.

chicago_animal

Hi all, does anyone know why I get so much concentrate leaking out from the screw holes? They are not loose. It’s been happening consistently since day one. Also, how are you guys attaching this pen to a hydratube? I’ve tried, but the seal doesn’t seem great and I’m getting pretty much no cloud.
Might be putting too much in and/or inhaling too hard

Andjoe

Just tried my new LP for the first time last night and it was SPECTACULAR!
Curious if any of the early adopters here have needed to replace their cups yet? Hopefully I won’t for a long time.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Just tried my new LP for the first time last night and it was SPECTACULAR!
Curious if any of the early adopters here have needed to replace their cups yet? Hopefully I won’t for a long time.
Hi ! I am also digging mine ,but the battery failed twice. First time VDN wanted to return the whole unit on my expense which would cost the half of the value,so i told them just to send a new battery. New battery failed right out of the box in the very same way the first one did . I said fuck it and screwed it to my 3 battery mode with TUBO software and it is freakin great ! I wish it had less spillage, make sure you inhale very slowly, i use mine attached with u shaped adapter to water pipes and it delivers nice hits, i guess i should get some of the wider cup options on the other models this company offers ,but never again buying a battery unit from them ,the atties are great though ,do not get me wrong !

Oil420FL

Hi ! I am also digging mine ,but the battery failed twice. First time VDN wanted to return the whole unit on my expense which would cost the half of the value,so i told them just to send a new battery. New battery failed right out of the box in the very same way the first one did . I said fuck it and screwed it to my 3 battery mode with TUBO software and it is freakin great ! I wish it had less spillage, make sure you inhale very slowly, i use mine attached with u shaped adapter to water pipes and it delivers nice hits, i guess i should get some of the wider cup options on the other models this company offers ,but never again buying a battery unit from them ,the atties are great though ,do not get me wrong !
Link to U-shaped glass please. Can’t find one anywhere that fits LP on one side and has a14mm male fitting on the other side. Sitting at back of shelf until I find the glass

Oil420FL,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Anybody try the new Big Boy version of the LP yet?

I put one on an older QQ base, when they first came out last year. Works fine, but I prefer the V5 cup. The “lightning” cup has the black glaze inside, makes it a bit harder to monitor the dab, if using the glass 14/18mm tops for water use, as opposed to the all white V5’s. The end results are basically the same. I end up reaching for the CORE-2, as it’s basically a V5 all in one, very convenient and a really great device especially considering the low cost compared to similar products.

Top Bottom