• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Divine Tribe \ SZ Crossing - Lightning Pen

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
Would the Sai Poseidon bubbler fit the lightning pen? With the mouthpiece/metal cap off the LP is what I mean.
I realize the cap on and a silicone adapter on the cap would probably make it work.
I meant more “fixed” than that. Using orings to seal.
Maybe I’m way off because I haven’t owned one and I assume it’s a little too wide. It could also be too short I guess.
I like the side by side look of that Poseidon better than sticking a Hubble on top.

The 'Sai' poseidon is not tapered, and therefore, would be too wide to seal around the rings of the LP.
The only reason the hubble fits because it tapers down to 14mm inside.
The mouthepiece on the Lightning Pen is 14mm. The Sai Poseidon is about 25mm.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I have been using my LP with my Linx Blaze battery and loving how efficient the device is. I'm using the LP also when the Linx Blaze battery needs charging. Both batteries at the lowest setting, Using half a rice size dab. Cleans out easy with no waste.

Compared to the blaze, does the lightning pen have more temp settings available? Is it similar design with the quartz cup, easy to keep clean??

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Compared to the blaze, does the lightning pen have more temp settings available? Is it similar design with the quartz cup, easy to keep clean??

I don’t own a “Blaze”, but the LP has 3 settings, voltage type battery. The top part is removable, but the extra length of the 510 pin, means it doesn’t fit on most 510 mods. The ceramic cup is easily cleaned with a QTip, which just fits in.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I don’t own a “Blaze”, but the LP has 3 settings, voltage type battery. The top part is removable, but the extra length of the 510 pin, means it doesn’t fit on most 510 mods. The ceramic cup is easily cleaned with a QTip, which just fits in.

Thanks bud, so it works with the basic e-cig, basic power voltage, and it's only a ceramic cup, huh? Oh well probably not really for me

RustyOldNail

@DJ Colonel Corn maybe I'm crazy, but I thought you were able to TC the LP atomizer on a 510 mod?

It’s not a standard 510 pin. As I mentioned above:
“ The top part is removable, but the extra length of the 510 pin, means it doesn’t fit on most 510 mods.”

I didn’t try it on the 25-50 mods I’ve collected over the years, but as you start to screw it on, there is enough resistance that going any further would mean destroying the 510 spring loaded connection on many of my mods.

DJ Colonel can add…..

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
To extend the airpath and add a little dry cooling, I ordered one of these:

Fits well and works a treat. Not as cool as a full size j hook, but a smaller footprint for travel. I like it.

This setup will be going with me on vacation. I even ordered this handy dandy case to keep everything in. Just in case it shits the bed, I'll bring a good ol' standby Terp pen with me too.

I still need to practice pulsing the button to get good extraction while keeping the heat at bay. I leave mine on the lowest setting, but the hit will still get too hot if you hold the button down too long. There is a sweet spot, I know it.

BabyFacedFinster,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

florduh

It’s not a standard 510 pin. As I mentioned above:
“ The top part is removable, but the extra length of the 510 pin, means it doesn’t fit on most 510 mods.”

I didn’t try it on the 25-50 mods I’ve collected over the years, but as you start to screw it on, there is enough resistance that going any further would mean destroying the 510 spring loaded connection on many of my mods.

DJ Colonel can add…..

Right. That's why I'm asking the Colonel because I seem to remember the review on his website mentioning he was able to TC it. I could be mistaken though.

I also wondered if I could make a Frankenstein by screwing the leads into a M22 base, but it sounds like they're too short.

RustyOldNail

Right. That's why I'm asking the Colonel because I seem to remember the review on his website mentioning he was able to TC it. I could be mistaken though.

I also wondered if I could make a Frankenstein by screwing the leads into a M22 base, but it sounds like they're too short.

The larger Lightning Cups, have long leads. I installed one on DT CUB, the other is in a Quartz Queen base, those on DNA75C 21700 mods, as well as the standard V5. The little Lightning Pen was cheap enough to try, and with the 3 presets, it’s very easy to get proper hits. I actually enjoy this little PEN, as it uses so little concentrate, I get two good hits, then a clean up. For someone doing large dabs or globs, this is not the right tool, but I’m learning to use less and less, and just ordered the Evolv Cricket.

IMHO, it doesn’t really need TC, as it heats up very fast, and you take a quick hit, let off the button if using manually, though I often double click to get the 15 second auto mode, mostly at the lowest preset. TC works good on the larger cups as you are powering them on longer.

Aryeah

Vape Man
I just tried out mine yesterday, but it looks like the crucible (cup) has a hairline crack after my first use. I do have replacement crucibles, but was wondering if this was normal since it looks like the crack is on the seam, since this is how the crucibles are made. It did get a bit of splash over and it's not cracked the entire way through, but should I replace it with a new crucible?

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

I just tried out mine yesterday, but it looks like the crucible (cup) has a hairline crack after my first use. I do have replacement crucibles, but was wondering if this was normal since it looks like the crack is on the seam, since this is how the crucibles are made. It did get a bit of splash over and it's not cracked the entire way through, but should I replace it with a new crucible?

It’s just the SEAM, you don’t notice it when new. Vape on …….

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
@DJ Colonel Corn maybe I'm crazy, but I thought you were able to TC the LP atomizer on a 510 mod?
DJ Colonel can add…..
hat's why I'm asking the Colonel

Sorry for the late reply
Also sorry to any of you that tried to visit my site while it was down for the past 20 odd hours.

Anyway, YES you can TC the lightning pen tip with its very long 510 threading, on some mods.
Apparentnly some mods won't accept it.
My Hyperion, Hammer of God, and Wismec mods all take it and it works fine.
I say about 22ish watts is 'low' level on the pen, and TCR 130 is what you want for the cup.
Feel free to experiment if you have the dabs to do so, and see what you like best.
Raise the TCR for more heat, lower it for less.
However, TCR 130 happens to be where I like it, and it's also the recommendation from Matt on the larger orginal lightning coils, which, I can say, are quite good !

RustyOldNail

Just realized the Lighting Pen’s removable top atomizer screws perfectly into the DT “CUB” base, and then it fits on ALL my 510 mods, the CUB base then also acts as a heat sink. This means you aren’t using up the life of the 600mAh LP’s NON-REPLACEABLE battery, as you can do the needed burn-offs on any mod with swappable batteries.

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
NON-REPLACEABLE battery,

Indeed !
I found most of my mods accepted the lightning pen head, but, that's a great solution for ppl who can't get their mods to function with it, and have a cub !
By the way, also, the cub top is very handy to use with the v5.
Win win !
Remember to take that mouthpiece tip from the v5 and stick it into the top piece of the lightning pen !
All aboard the lightning train !!

DJ Colonel Corn,

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
lightning-cup-on-mod.jpg

Works on my DNA400 HOG too !
Also my Hyperion, and Wismec rx 20700/21700...
:)

DJ Colonel Corn,

RustyOldNail

The Lightning Pen atomizer top does not fit any of my 510 Mods (too long for threads to grab, most of mine are spring loaded 510 pins) including:
DovPo ODIN MINI 21700, DNA75C
Lost Vape MIRAGE 21700, DNA75C

@Haywood wrote another list of his INCOMPATIBLE 510 mods in the DT Atty thread:

Seems it’s hit or miss, so I would not tell anyone that it’s a “definite”……

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
I would not tell anyone that it’s a “definite”……

Well
Tell haywood to use the cub base on his eVic and those other few mods he mentioned.
Meanwhile my list of mods that DO work are.... all of them, however, 1 or 2 need an extra push downwards to get the threads to catch.
The list is, in part:

Odin 250C
Riva 250C
Hammer of God 'DNA400' (250C)
Hammer of God XL (mech, but did not fire it as this would be catastrophic)
Hyperion 100C
Titam PWM 1.5
Wismec 20700
Wismec 21700
Wismec Gen3 Dual
Uwell Evdilo
Gaur-21

Those are the only mods I've tried it on.
So I felt sort of comfortable about saying they work on mods, in my review.
I guess now that you point it out, I'll edit it to say "'most' mods, however some won't connect..."

:p

DJ Colonel Corn,

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
Tell haywood to use the cub base on his eVic and those other few mods he mentioned.

I read what you posted back then, and subsequently; RustyOldNail doesn't have to tell me. :spliff:

I actually wanted to put the hot knife onto one of my mods, not the Lightning Pen. From my perspective it sort of defeats the whole purpose of the Lightning Pen to put it on a mod, (expecially a giant mutlicell mod). If I'm going to use a mod then I just use top it with my V5 or QQ with its Lightning heater. I actually prefer the QQ with its Lightning heater to all of them unless I'm away from home in which case the Lightning Pen fits nicely in the breast pocket of my shirt.

RustyOldNail

RustyOldNail doesn't have to tell me. :spliff:

🙄 Huh?

From my perspective it sort of defeats the whole purpose of the Lightning Pen to put it on a mod, (expecially a giant mutlicell mod).

Agree, but a device with removable, rechargeable batteries is nice for doing the often needed burn offs on the Lightning Pen atomizer, saving the non-replaceable pens battery.

I also bought the little heat knife tip, lucky I had an old “iTaste VV mod”, thin like a pen, but square shape. Voltage is a bit high on lowest setting, so I throttle the power button, works.

RustyOldNail,

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
it sort of defeats the whole purpose of the Lightning Pen to put it on a mod

Yes, but, it's good to know when the l.ightning pen battery konks out, that the device can still be used.

(expecially a giant mutlicell mod)

I know, I kind of took that pic as a little joke he he.

I was saddened that my HDT Mini hot knife has an unremovable head. So when the battery dies, it will be garbage.

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
I was saddened that my HDT Mini hot knife has an unremovable head. So when the battery dies, it will be garbage.

I've been using the Melt Hot Knife from 3grams.com with great results. It fits on any (yes, any) 510 or eGo battery and works like a champ. I have it on one of my old tiny 300mAh eGo batteries and the whole thing is only 3.5" long. Works for months without needing a recharge. Costs $14.95.

MELTIPPRODUCT.png

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Stupid me, but a word of caution. More than once, while using a 14mm glass attachment, I've tried to pull the glass off and the top of the LP came off with it. More of an annoyance most times, but tonight I was in a dark room and when I pulled the glass the cover came off with it. I then thought I would hit it once more without the glass and put the very hot cup to my lip. It sort of sizzled on my lip and left a mark. Luckly I jerked it away quickly enough to not give myself a serious burn.
Again, me being stupid, but these things can happen when your high.

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
Melt Hot Knife from 3grams.com

You know, funny enough, my good friend just sent me one FREE for my collection.
You're right that it works great, and fits 510.
I'm stoked !
Works great ! Thanks for the tip ! It's funny you metioned it tonly 5 hours after I got it, heh.

but these things can happen when your high.

Hm, my advice would be to clean your bubbler, in the spot where it meets the LP cap.
Seems like it's grabbing the top more than it should, if it were clean.
Just an idea, I dunno.
Also, as the LP gets hotter, the rings will have a less tight grip on it.
Try to thoroughly clean the 14mm port that it goes into !
Another tip is to give it a little twist as u pull it off. :)

Top Bottom