Ditanium vs. Flowerpot vs. Herborizer Ti(digital); and some questions about them

Bobel775

Hi everyone!

After searching, reading and watching video’s for days (well years actually, but recently days on end), I still have some questions left and was hoping you lot can help me.
Currently I’m using an Arizer Extreme Q (D-dave mod) for flower and a torch and banger for concentrates. However, I want to upgrade to a system that can do it all. It has to be a desktop vape that you can turn on right after work on a Friday, keep on the table and take a hit with a drink and talk about our day while cooking a meal for instance.
My girlfriend and I mostly vape flower, but recently we’ve gotten into concentrates (hard to come by in Amsterdam, so I press my own) and we think that eventually we will vape concentrates more (60-40 at least).

I’ve come to the conclusion that it is going to be the Ditanium (but rather not a whip again, so not sure about this one), Flowerpot or Herborizer Ti (digital), but before I order I have some questions.

Bowl size
My girlfriend and I vape together and have a tolerance that is on the higher side. So we need something that can hold 0.5 grams (maybe with a finer grind). Does anyone know if the vapes that I’ve mentioned are capable of holding that amount?
I read somewhere that the Herborizer can combust quit easily when packing too full. Is this true?

Cleaning
And then the not so fun part of vaping. The cleaning… which of the mentioned vapes is easiest to clean? I’ve read that the Herborizer is difficult to clean after dabbing because of the electrics. Is this correct? Because it will be 10 times more difficult for me since we use dark brown Amsterdam hashish to press rosin. So a “self-clean mode” (high heat) or soaking in ISO option would be preferred.

Ease of use
Which of the vapes is easiest to use? I have some concerns about the Ditanium and the sideways handle. Does the weed fall down towards the heat source? And I’ve read complaints about debris getting through the screen (I don’t use water in my waterpipe…).
The Herborizer Ti can do flower and concentrates, but you have to switch the glass. I can imagine that, for example, the glass for flower gets too hot to be able to switch to the enail glass right after. Is this feeling correct?
We also would like to be able to vape flower and concentrates at the same time. But is this even possible? I mean it is quite difficult to get a temperature that allows for vaping weed and concentrates at the same time, right? So is it more of a gimmick or is it possible (or is doing it separately still better?)? And I assume that you cannot dab and vape flower at the same time with the Herborizer?

So which one do you recommend? Or is there a better option that I don’t know of?

Thank you very much for your help in advance!

Bobel775,
Reactions: arb

Doktor Dub

Flowerpot would fit the bill pretty good, but I am biased because I own and love that one.
As you like concentrates, you should take the v rod head if it’s gonna be a FP .
And while a do it all vape is great, I would look for the perfect flower vape - a good concentrate setup is cheap and Easy to get... banger and torch or a cheap e nail is both under 100€ and it doesn’t get really better then this.

my tolerance is a bit on the higher side too and I loooove the FP sooo much that I bought a spare controller and coil just for peace of mind as I don t want to be without it a single day - and it is not my only vape

my two cents...

Vaporware

I agree, I think the FlowerPot fits you best.

The titanium bowls usually hold ~0.3g (the glass ones I have hold less), but if you wanted to you could try putting a small basket screen at the bottom of a Ti bowl instead of the flat screen it normally uses and that would give you a larger load size. People usually use that mod for micro-dosing though, so I’m not sure how well extracted the bottom would be with so much packed in.
Personally I would just split that 0.5g into 2 bowls or do 0.3g and some concentrate or something. You may even find that you like a very small load quickly extracted at a high temp! The FP does a great job at it while most others don’t/can’t.

Using concentrates and flower together with the FP does work, and some people love it, but for most people it’s just a fun extra feature and not something that gets constant use.

The VRod does a good job with concentrates, but it does pull them down through the heater after they’re vaporized and that’s probably not the best thing for them...plus flower can run out quickly while the concentrate may keep going for a while depending on your temps.

You may get it dialed in so you‘re happy with all of it at once, but my recommendation is to treat a VRod as a good concentrate device and a great flower vaporizer, use them one at a time (just swap out the bowl which only takes a few seconds), use them together for fun/an extra hard hit, and look at other dedicated options for the best pure concentrate experience.

Cleaning after flower is easy, just soak the bowls in iso (although the concentrate dishes/tools need the same kind of care as any others). If you lightly brush the screens clean after each bowl it can help keep them clean longer. :)

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
I have a Ditanium and Flowerpot Weedeater so here's my thoughts. Flowerpot wins hands down for many reasons, first the vapour is so much denser a more powerful, second the big bowl of the Ditanium seems ideal to share but flavour dies off quickly leaving you with a bland bowl to finish off so someone gets all the flavour and others get roasty bland hits, it's so much better everyone getting their own bowl that way everyone gets a top level experience and the flowerpot bowl is so quick and easy to unpack and reload you won't really save much time vs sharing with the Ditanium not to mention that everyone can have as much or as little as they want. You can get the titanium hand piece for the Ditanium it is supposed to make denser stronger vapour but it's load size is smaller and the hand piece gets hot so quick reloads aren't possible as well as being a extra expense. As for concentrate use with the Ditanium it's very good but with limitations, it's ideal for small dabs throughout the day or the occasional lung buster but for the best experience you really do want to give is some time between dabs to burn off the residue otherwise you'll be tasting reclaim, combo hits are nice and a good ratio between dab to flower. I seldom use the Ditanium for anything other then having the occasional dab day micro dosing shatter, for flower it's no competition for my Weedeater. With the Flowerpot don't be surprised that you will need less flower than with your Q to get the same results........ maybe substantially less.

Vaporware

If you want a really nice setup what you can do is get a Weedeater for flower with auber controller and using that same controller grab a 710 coils setup for concentrate. :shrug:

For people who can spare the extra money for the VRod over the WeedEater I still think it’s good to have the option to dab any time or through flower without waiting for it to cool down and switch what’s on your coil, but if you use a lot of concentrates (I don’t at this point) it’s good to also have a solid concentrate-only setup available like you said. :)

I suppose you could just stick concentrates directly on the WeedEater head and cover it with something but it wouldn’t be the best experience available. :lol:

Vaporware,
Reactions: Bad Dog

daoist

i had up to 1 gram in the herborizer XL which has a giant bowl. 0.5 gram is a walk in the park for herborizer XL. you can take the heat injector off the bowl and put it in the injector stand so your herb stays as fresh as possible. the verdamper bowl also fits the herborizer xl injector but i don't think it fits. if you are to lazy to take the injector off just buy a herborizer bubbler with a whip.

you also can just take tolerance breaks. even just 2 or 3 days will help.

there is not much wrong with the extreme Q though. that will fit 0.5 gram also. i use it with a herborizer whip and arizer glass filtered elbow to get rid of the metal dome screen. this improves flavour and smoothness a lot.

i am in holland. you can try out my herborizer XL if you like and my glass arizer screens. i never do dabs though. hashish works great in the herborizer with double screen in the bowl.

daoist,
Reactions: 215z
Top Bottom